1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

I miss you

Discussion in 'UO Chesapeake' started by Ransom_of_BiC, Nov 21, 2011.

1. That is all.

Love always,

Nat

2. longshanks

longshanks Guest

have a good holiday.

3. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Have a good safe holiday and come back soon because we miss you too.

4. Funny how us newbs keep coming back and checking in on here. I look several times a week.

Wish I had a reason to come back, but there is just not enough people per shard to make it interesting anymore. Too much empty.

-Sirk!

5. vexyvixen

vexyvixen Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Well, I play Lake Superior and it's definitely not a dead shard. I've heard Atlantic and Great Lakes have a large population. It's a wonderful game, so even if I was the only person on a shard I'd still play it and love doing it.

6. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

If only all the old players would return... but I realize that isn't likely to happen. :sad3:

7. vexyvixen

vexyvixen Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I don't know about all of them, but a lot of veteran players are returning. I started right after Tram came out. I took a 5 year break then came back 3 years ago. I have met so many players on Lake Superior recently who are returning after 5+ years and they started around the same time I did. I'm sure it's the same or close to it on other shards. I've seen many returning vets on this forum.

8. Don't Tread on Me

Don't Tread on Me Lore Keeper
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

Its hard to come back... (so I've heard, I never left) because so much changes. But it has to worth it! Maybe the addiction runs deeper in some of us than others though, I'm not sure. Maybe the population isn't a huge as it was back in the day, but it is a rare day that I don't see someone running around where I am (whether tram or fel) unless I happen to be doing something really obscure.

BTW, I'm talking about Chessy of course. I also moonlight on Europa and see quite a bit of population there as well.

9. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

Yes, some vets have returned after long absences. Hopefully, more will follow.

10. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

It depends on time. For Chesy the population is there it's just very fragmented.

11. This board is a great example. This place used to explode with posts. Now we are lucky to get one or two a week, mostly from Gareth. =)

Maybe it's not the number of folks but the lost sense of community.. but, I digress, I am beating a dead horse.

12. Lord Gareth

Lord Gareth UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
    Reporter Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran

I tried my best with moderating, Morpheus and I covered all the player events, EM Events and shard happenings with News reports. We created/disbursed advertisement books in game, which helped traffic a lot.

Morpheus still manages the news team but as for me those who complained loudly and harshly, disrespected and made every single day a struggle made me not want to spend the long hours doing what I was doing.

The big cry out was for a "Social Person to Person Forum" which was what the moderators after me gave them. For example the unused Facebook sticky and random nothing to do with Chesapeake threads.

Lucky for those who still use the forums they have Morpheus and Tertius Wands who continue to make the forums a source of needed information through News Reporting.

13. This.

LizzyT likes this.
  14. longshanks

longshanks Guest

i disagree. i think chessy still has a tremendous community.

15. Don't Tread on Me

Its true. We do.

16. There is community here, a great one. It's not, however, the community of yore-- which is what I think people long for.

17. RubberRumor

RubberRumor Guest

I am not sure if you are who I think you are but Im returning to Chessy I have not played Uo in over 5 years and I played it for almost 6 years before I moved out west for a gold mining job in Nevada. Yeeehah we finally got half arse internet out here in the middle of nowhere. LUCK TO YOU
    (ADDED)can anybody tell me if there are utilities to use like "UO AUTOMAP" and stuff still out there??

18. Don't Tread on Me

Welcome back. UOAutomap is old and outdated and stopped getting updated... not sure if it still works at all. UO Cartographer is the new system which, IMO, is much better than UOAM anyways. It might take a few minutes to get it working, but once you do, it'll do you right.

If you had UOAssist, you can still use the one u used as long as your still using the same account on UO it'll be easy. Just copy your seed and follow the link in UOA and it'll have you set up in no time flat. I would also check out the enhanced client since your coming back. Some like it, some don't, but its at least worth a look.

Lastly, I would look around for one of the township guilds floating around that matches your style of play.... with the addition of imbuing things are different even from just 5 years ago. People can help you get up to speed and make your suit etc relevent in todays game. Again, welcome back! You'll have no problem finding an 18 x 18 to live in. :)

19. Mirt

Mirt Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Not sure who you think I am but I have played a while now and I did play before trammel. Its great to have you back thats for sure even if its a bit shakey of a connection! Its always good to have more folks coming back!