1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

I need 475 tiles of dark blue goza mats

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Daleth, Jun 28, 2009.

1. Daleth

Daleth Guest

I need to cover 475 tiles and I would like to do it in dark blue goza mats please icq me 81581576 or pm me with prices, thanks.

M

;):danceb::dunce:;)

2. Patty Pickaxe

Patty Pickaxe Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Holy cow that's a lot of gaza mats! Do you want to cover your entire house with mats?? Let's calculate the total cloth needed. Each square gaza takes 25 cloth, times that by 475 and the grand total is *drum roll* 11,875 pieces of cloth.

I would offer to fill this order, but I am leaving for vacation tomorrow and won't be back until Friday. Then my weekend if full with 4th of July festivities. If no one else has completed the order by the time next week rolls around, I will do it.

3. Nurse Miss Maude

Nurse Miss Maude Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I am going to be needing a large goza mat order as well in the near future. Are they made from dyed cloth, or do they have to be from reward cloth? I'm going to need pure black ones. Would I be able to gather the cloth and dye it with a black tub, for the seamstress? Cause 11k cloth is a LOT to expect a seamstress to gather.

4. Patty Pickaxe

Patty Pickaxe Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Gaza mats can be made from any cloth, however you must dye the cloth BEFORE making the gazas. I would suggest this-

1) dye the cloth the color you would like (if it's anything other than from the black dye tub)

2) make one gaza mat, and lay it in the floor to see if you like the color. Gazas come out lighter than the cloth. The color of the mat cannot be changed once it has been made. I have wasted alot of cloth bc of this and it's annoying!

3) If you like the color, make more. If not, repeat step 2.

Other things to keep in mind:

There are square gazas and rectangle gazas. If you use any other color than black, there will be a "border" around the edge of each mat. Many people use black because you cannot see the border. The rectangle gazas take up two tiles and have to be made to face a direction- either south or east. They cannot be changed with a decorating tool.

5. Nurse Miss Maude

Nurse Miss Maude Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks for that info Patty. I'll start collecting cloth.

6. Daleth

Daleth Guest

Its to cover the entire area of a second floor of a castle, its actually a few more than needed just to make sure I can cover it all. And yes I want square not rectangle. I will get the cloth and dye it and I can wait. Let me know the cost also when you get back, have a fun trip, drink a few moons for me!!!!