1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

I need a GM right now in game in like the next hour

Discussion in 'UHall' started by MrMightySmith, Jan 27, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrMightySmith

MrMightySmith Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

and what do i get??????????????? crickets.... nothing... time sensitive material AND I GET ****ING NOTHING. i may get response 3 days in after because thats how the new system works. This is really the last straw in my book. I know its 230 am EST but i/we really need a GM RIGHT NOW, not in 3 days..... WHAT A JOKE AND I AM Sure Stratics wil delete this post because i am complaning. This is really pushing me to my edge............

2. MrMightySmith

MrMightySmith Journeyman

NOT EVEN A QUE!!!!!!! NOTHING!!!!! FUMING NOW and when will Petra Delete this post because it doesnt comply with this site....

3. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Can you tell us what the problem is? Sometimes players can help a bit, if we know what's wrong

4. Goodmann

Goodmann Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

you got to say PLEASEEEEE

5. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I don't think he is in the mood to talk. I know its a harsh situation to be in and you don't want to hear it. But we no longer have a support team who is dedicated to the players of UO.

There are not enough people subscribed to pay the bills of a large support team, we now share our GM's with 2 other games, i cant remember the names off the top of my head. But i do remember them EA/Mythic saying so.

6. Petra Fyde

I asked because the last person to post in a panic was panicking when there was no real need and players were able to assure him of that.

7. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

And quite often you find that we can help, It was a valid question. But with the cap locks on and screaming at everyone, I'm guessing he is in no mood to chat.

8. Bobar

Bobar Babbling Loonie

Beyond a joke really - we pay same as ever and get less and less for our cash.

#8 Bobar, Jan 27, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
  9. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

Dark Ages of Camelot and Warhammer Online. This isn't a new thing it's been that way for years.

10. Gameboy

Gameboy Sage
    Stratics Veteran UWF

Always had good help in DAOC.

11. Goldberg-Chessy

Goldberg-Chessy Crazed Zealot

How the fark do you know what it cost to pay your "large support team" (whatever random number that may be in your head)
    and what the operating costs are to maintain UO?

12. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Hmm maybe i ran a support team for a software house and having a support team of 4 cost $150,000 to run. Maybe that's how the frack i know how much it cost to run a software support team. So I would imagine that with all the GM names we get on Christmas cards etc they all add up to more than 4 people supporting UO, then you have the wages of the Dev team which also come under support and there adjacent costs. I would imagine UO as it stands costs well over $300,000 just keep maintained. So who the frack are you to question how I know?

#12 Winker, Jan 28, 2013
    Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
    Zosimus likes this.
  13. THP

THP Stratics Legend

no idea what shard u play........ but the GMs will work office hours 9 till 5 form the west coast of the usa...so if your in a diferent time zone u will struggle...i really doubt we have 24/7 support anymore....but i maybe wrong....i know when i have asked for gm help its always been in the above time zone..and the they have normally responded within an hour evertime i have asked....soo good luck

#13 THP, Jan 28, 2013
  14. Goldberg-Chessy

Thats the biggest line of BS I have ever heard lol.

THP likes this.
  15. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I thought so, you dont have a clue do you! So lets here your theroy on Software suppot and how much it cost mr know it all

#15 Winker, Jan 28, 2013
  16. Mitzlplik_LS

Mitzlplik_LS Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

LOL your knowledge of software support is not accurate to ALL support,so get over yourself. :talktothehand:

Its like me saying that since I have worked at truck driving, I know what it costs nationwide to operate in any truck at any distance for any employer.

Paaaalease.

I bet the OP got his ingame support not long into this little temper tantrum. Not surprising he hasn`t been back to say anything,I`d be embarrassed too. I found this thread more comedic than anything, since it was posted on a Saturday, plus actually thinking a GM would just be sittin on his ass reading Uhall to begin with. :coco:

17. Goldberg-Chessy

Well said.

A lot of drama and a lack of actual business knowledge makes for good reading everytime :)

If they had 400 GM's ingame 24/7 on every shard you would still get people coming here ranting that they waited too long for a gm to come and retrieve the pile of raw fish steaks they accidentally dropped behind a chest. And you would also get the same tagalongs here saying "hell ya! Gm's suck and take too long"

18. Magdalene

Magdalene Stratics Legend

Well, the OP took time to post twice wondering about our post deletion policy and Petra's eventual bad mood, but he did not state what in fact his business was.... weird?

Assia Penryn and Lord Frodo like this.
  19. Picus at the office

Picus at the office Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

The GM's are busy watching IDOC's.

20. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

So you keep saying, yet you offer no proof. So if you can offer no explanation of your argument other than im wrong then assume your just trolling. You can call everyone wrong, but without showing me any proof im wrong, you are saying that you don't have a clue what you're talking about and just bumping your gums.

Tell me where my business sense is all wrong or shhh. Put up or shut up.

21. Petra Fyde

Take it to PM

cdavbar, LordDrago and Lord Frodo like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.