1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Archery] I need a lil help

Discussion in 'UO Warrior' started by Zeba6793, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Zeba6793

Zeba6793 Guest

Ok so I'm brand new at this. My mom plays and I am going to do factions...what is the best template?

2. I think it will depend upon what you enjoy playing and how you play.

Dexxers have to chase alot and get right ontop of the target to hit it, archers can be within 10 tiles, and mages can attack from distance as well.

There isnt really a best template.

But if one had no skill issues, memory issues and is quick , the most dominant faction template is probably a necro mage.

Beware, in order to be at the highest level, you will need many expensive items to build the suit and many expensive powerscrolls as well.

3. Kith Kanan

Kith Kanan Guest

Make a chiv archer :)

120 arch
    120 tac
    100 ana
    100 heal
    120 resist
    100 med
    rest chiv / 60+ (adjust for items and so forth )

try to get as high fc/fcr as possible

easy to play and hard to kill

4. Arch Magus

Arch Magus Guest

This.
    Or, if you are going to be strictly factions with a group most of the time, try adding in Hide/Stealth. Become a dismounter to help your team!
    \
    120 arch
    120 tact
    100 anat
    100+ ninja
    100 hide
    100 stealth
    gm resist/healing

5. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

ooh been thinking about playing pvp for a change just to liven my life up I have very close to this on my pvm archer but have bushido instead of med would that work? I have 11 mana regen on my suit and mana leech on almost all my bows?not to mention the fb and ls or velocity bows i have with mana leech

6. Arch Magus

Arch Magus Guest

Yeah, that's fine.
    You don't have to keep Med on a char like this with the right suit.

Personally, bushido is more pvm oriented but I'm sure it has it's uses in pvp.

7. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

do the crits still work the same or is there a max? I know I hit in pvm on the crimson for 200 to 300 on my crits and about 100 to 150 on normal hits( i mean normal without ls)saw ony hit for 567 i think it was but there were so many numbers on screen I couldnt tell 4 sure

8. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

As far as template goes, I would have to ask what type of chars do you normally play, how much PVP have you done, what shard are you on and how active is factions on that shard, and what type of support do you have (ie are you in a guild that is active in factions in fel, or are you basically going to be lone wolf at the gate).

If I was just doing it by myself, then I would go with the stealth archer route and try to get my kills in whenever I can. Otherwise everyone will be gunning for you and without anyone helping it probably will get old very fast.

If your in a active PVP/Faction guild, then play what your familier with playing. There are good PVP templates for just about every template.

9. I am pretty sure that all specials, incl. critical are capped in pvp, for instance AI is capped at 35

In Pvp bushido offers confidence and LS for archers, conf is nice for healing on the move while pounding bandies and chugging.