1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

I need a weapon switching Macro

Discussion in 'WoW General Discussion' started by Bo Riddler, Nov 20, 2006.

1. Bo Riddler

Bo Riddler Guest

I was grouped this weekend with a tank that knew what he was doing. But each time I watched him charge into battle, he had one of about 3 different weapons out. Either 2h sword, or 1h and shield or a 2h Axe.

As fast as a click, he would go between the different combinations. He said it was a macro but didn't explain further.

Can anyone give me a clue as to how to write a macro to change weapons? I know it has to do with the slots in your main bag, but thats where it ends.

Any help would be great.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Would definately be nice. To bad WOW doesnt have something like UO assist.
  3. Pacobird

Pacobird Guest

Get the ItemRack addon.
  4. I asked my guild as I've never used the macro function in WoW and several of our Warriors said they do not use it either because with every patch they have been breaking their macro language with changes making most everyone have to rewrite their macros.
  5. Bo Riddler

Bo Riddler Guest

Perfect, I'll look it up, thanks!

6. Quasiar

Quasiar Guest

Ya go with Itemrack.

Itemrack allows you to A) switch weapons onto a key binding and B) rotate through gear sets with a push of a button.

For me, I have 4 different sets right now and I can rotate into each of them with one button.

A) Tanking Gear
    B) FR gear
    C) NR Gear
    D) 2h DPS gear

In high end instances where your trying to cram a run in as quickly as possible, the ability to rotate through gear prior to a pull with a single button click speeds up pulls at an extremely fast rate. As an OT I normaly rotate through Tanking and DPS gear depending on the pulls. As an MT I can rotate through Tanking, FR, or NR gear extremely fast, allowing us to basicaly chain pull mobs with breif pauses so I can switch out gear.
  7. Bo Riddler

Bo Riddler Guest

This one is perfect for my needs.

My thanks.