1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

I rage quit yesterday

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by TheScoundrelRico, Jan 20, 2015.

1. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

No, not for good, just yesterday.

Why?

Because I'm a ****ing idiot, lol.

I was shifting around my template yesterday and somehow when I thought I was stoning my 115 magery, didn't stone it, but dropped it down to 30 points. Uggg.

That was enough for me...had to log off and figure out how long its going to take me to re-gain back up to 115 magery. For the love of God...FOREVER!!!

Maybe I'll invest in the new tokens so I can get it and some other skills up to 90.

Can anyone tell me if I stoned all of my skills would I be able to use the token to raise remove trap to 90 or would I have to have lockpick and detect (at 99 each which means dropping them .1 ea) to get remove trap to raise?

I cannot believe how big a mistake that was, but in the long run, who knows, I might be able to get some skills I've never trained up to RoT with minimal pain...la

2. Silent Singer

Silent Singer Lore Master

Rico that sucks. I stoned off skills to get me below the 200 limit of the token just yesterday, but I can't remember if detect and remove are options. just remember to have your real skills below 200! I picked up imbue and fishing since I just wanted the core taming skills, and I've stoned them off for later. Sorry again man, that is a drag!

TheScoundrelRico likes this.
  3. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Sorry to hear that Rico. Yes stone your skills so you are below 200 should work, think you can choose all skills except maybe spellweaving. At least Magery may not be the worse skill to regain

4. Spiffykeen

Spiffykeen Seasoned Veteran
    Governor Stratics Veteran Safe Haven

Ouch... I crapped away 65 begging one time, and I'm not sure I'll ever be allowed to forget it, but in the end I trained it on my other character instead and it worked out much better in the long run.

Blaeke and TheScoundrelRico like this.
  5. Troll The T Hunter

Troll The T Hunter Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Last summer i was rushing and not paying attention and deleted my 120 tailoring, well it took a few months but im back at 120. After doing this stupid move I didn't play for a while and then i buckled down and redid it.

Blaeke and TheScoundrelRico like this.
  6. FrejaSP

FrejaSP Queen of The Outlaws
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron The DarkOutlaws, TDO

Tina Tink was close to do that once too, but I wake up in last sec before hitting the button, *Cross finger* Hope I will never be that sleepy again

7. TheScoundrelRico

I think to keep my sanity I am going to purchase a Mythic token and avoid the resource dump required to get back up to at least 90 magery.

While I'm at it, I may raise Imbue and Remove Trap (since both are in the 50's) now to figure out what other two skills to take to 90 since I'm going that route...la

8. VinnySP

VinnySP Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Safe Haven

I have an advanced char token if your interested. Doesn't do as good as a Mytic but it's alil cheaper. And yes. that's sucks that happened to ya. Hit me up in game if your interested in the token.

Singularity/Sir Vincent

Blaeke likes this.
  9. TheScoundrelRico

Damn you, I think it's your fault for flustering me after nabbing me while out farming, lol. Thanks for the offer, but I have some cash left in my ea wallet burning a hole in my pocket...la

VinnySP likes this.
  10. Igg A Pie

Igg A Pie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Brave Amateurs B^A

that sucks man. ill take a look. if I have any pinks ill hook you up

11. TheScoundrelRico

You guys ROCK!!! Glad I'm back, No matter how small the population...it's always superior to the populations on the production shards...la

startle, VinnySP and Spiffykeen like this.
  12. Igg A Pie

Igg A Pie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Brave Amateurs B^A

I got 2 pts in magery and 2 blues you can have. I am in and out all the time but prob wont be on till after 10pm est

Blaeke likes this.
  13. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

I have 2.6 magery you can have.

Blaeke likes this.
  14. ApollyonSP

ApollyonSP Seasoned Veteran

Dat sucks

I lost 2 years worth of tailoring BODs by not locking a couple chests down a few months ago.........

15. Charles

Charles Adventurer

I don't understand why you don't just put on a -25 magery spellcasting staff.. +100% LRC and get 120 magery while you're attended macroing..

Blaeke and Bo Bo like this.
  16. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Doesn´t work like that on Siege. We have the RoT system.
    Sure, you could do what you suggested but would only be a waste of time after hitting 70.

And also, I have 2.7 in SoTs...

17. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Sorry to hear that happened, Rico. I am the queen of flushing skills. I've done it with cooking, lore, vet, detect and necro. Necro was the worst! Luckily, ROT timer's have changed, caps removed, blue and pink scrolls have been introduced, not to mention advanced char and mythic tokens. Just a few years ago, this would have been a nightmare on Siege! Just a little perspective to make ya feel better. I'll log in later when I get home and see if I have some mage pinks for ya.

Blaeke likes this.
  18. Bo Bo

Bo Bo Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

The siege way would be to get to 70.1 this way. Than eat a blue magery alacrity get your gain and log out. Wait the correct amount of time (5 minutes, 8 minutes and 12 minutes) log back in, get your gain and log out, repeat till alacrity runs out. You will need two to get to 120. This works great and gets you 120 fast, just dont cast a spell that will flag you.

Lorddog, Kat, Blaeke and 2 others like this.
  19. SpyderBite

SpyderBite Sage
    Stratics Veteran VCS

No kidding. I'm still trying to get my head around the "why" it happened. The whole topic of tokens on Siege is blowing my mind. Its like I'm in an alternate reality version of Siege.

Blaeke likes this.
  20. TheScoundrelRico

Thanks for all of the help folks. Used a Mythic token last night...that was too easy to gain 90 points in Magery, Mystism, Remove Traps, Imbuing and Taming.

If this had been available years ago, who knows what the game/shard population would be like now. While I don't agree that these should be available for Siege, I'm glad they were for this instance.

For all of the offers for pinks and blues...THANK YOU. I'll hold off on them for now. At 90, I'll just train it back up to 115 when I get back to using it on my template.

Even with magery on my character, I've always preferred to run around the shard and use the gate system to get from point A to B. There are too many people you miss in the world if you gate around every where...la

Kat likes this.
  21. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Crusader of Chaos

Real men get magery to RoT by killing farm animals on Barrier Isle with a mage wep for their wool/leather.

As god intended.

Lorddog and kelmo like this.
  22. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

I understand that it is difficult to wrap your brain around all the changes. If I hadn't been here experiencing the dying of Siege first hand, I would feel the same way. I never imagined that I would ever be on board with many of the changes that have come down the pike over the past several years. That's not to say I agree with all of them and/or the way they were implemented, but I get why they happened. We were desperate to try and somehow rebuild the population!

When you left, TnT was a young, fledgling guild. We eventually came into our own and grew to fairly large numbers in our heyday, by Siege standards. Most nights we averaged 7-15 players online and in Vent, but at some point between 2009 and 2010 [much smaller than when you left] the population started dwindling very noticably. It started when most of JSV just up and left never to be heard from again. Then KOC, which were mostly former REV [a guild name probably familiar to you] members and a few others got frustrated and decided to try prodo. Alot of those guys and eventually a handful of TnT went to Atlantic because the whole faction artie buyback just ruined all the fun. No one wanted to keep losing their equipment, having to question who had what, who would sell back, at what price and which vendor was it on, arguing with those who would always trash faction equipment no matter what, etc. Sometimes buybacks went okay, but most often ego's got in the way. Various "buyback agreements" and communication would easily breakdown. Faction gear was 5x the silver cost here vs. prodo and at 30 gold a drop [max tythe rate], it was time consuming to farm. It just took the fun out of everything and the pvper's became so frustrated that most of them left. The majority who play to PvP just want to PvP and have little interest in farming for hours on end. Their gameplay is very different from the rest of us and when they couldn't get PvP here where they wanted to play, they went elsewhere... even if it meant playing with insurance.

Many here will try and deny it, but this shard was mostly driven by those who liked to PvP and PK. They drove the economy in may ways. They made it fun for those of us who really love and support what Siege was meant to be. A number of other players just became bored and left. I wasn't here the entire time, but most of us who stayed tried to make the best of it. Many asked for changes in hopes of giving other players an incentive to try Siege. They questioned prodo players about what kept them from trying Siege and they weren't shy about their reasons. Many hated the RoT system, so timers were changed, then caps were removed. Many said they didn't want to lose what they had on their "home shard" and that it was impossible to live out of 125 item bank boxs, so they made the housing changes. Some wanted to just jump in and PvP and not have to spend eon's having to train up more characters. I guess I was gone during those discussions, but when I came back, Mythic tokens were all the rage and suddenly all our old, useless Advanced Character tokens were useful!

House tele tiles, portals, pinks, blues, etc is all bleedover... Same issue Siege has always had. The minute the first prodo bleedovers started, Siege was destined to eventually fail. A few things were corrected along the way, but from almost the beginning, no one cared enough about Siege to keep it healthy and thriving. Devs to follow Sieges creators certainly were not interested in investing time to correct the mistakes. What we have now is the result of the few stubborn souls who refuse to give up and move on. They made a little headway with some of the more recent devs. A lot of us call them trammies, but whatever label is slapped on them, a few of them are still here and hanging on! I guess we have to give them credit for trying. If they didn't love Siege, they would have left a long, long time ago.

Damn, I'm long winded!

hth :)

#22 Kat, Jan 21, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
    RueTor, Tjalle, Bo Bo and 4 others like this.
  23. SpyderBite

SpyderBite Sage
    Stratics Veteran VCS

Wow. Thank you, Kat. That was the most reasonable explanation of the transformation, of the server and the general attitude, that I've received since returning. Short of a few curt "it is what is, accept it or leave" type responses, I've been bewildered about what had changed. It was like UO-Stepford Wives. XD

Thanks again. It is sad obviously. But it makes a lot of sense now.

24. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

you have to edit the post and hit the "undo formatting" button in the upper right corner of the dialog box, after you highlight the affected text. see below.

upload_2015-1-22_17-2-46.png

25. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Well, aren't you smart! Thank you for the diagram. I would never have figured it out, otherwise. Totally not being sarcastic! lol

Victim of Siege likes this.
  26. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

You're welcome, Spydie! I was going to try and give you some insight one other time you asked about it, but got distracted by a moth or something and I dunno what happened. :)

PS... I edited some of the incoherent parts of it. I was operating on a serious sleep deficit when I wrote that and some of it was a little disconnected.

#26 Kat, Jan 22, 2015
    Last edited: Jan 22, 2015
  27. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

I figured you'd smell the smartassedness of the diagram :p

28. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

Hey, I can normally smell it from a mile away, but I was so confused about what was causing that problem that I was thrilled to have a diagram on how to fix it! :dunce:

Victim of Siege likes this.
  29. Charles

Charles Adventurer

I know of RoT. I got my magery all the way up standing in one spot macroing... attended of course.

30. Wulf2k

Wulf2k Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Crusader of Chaos

I miss 8x8 gains. It was a good way to explore.

31. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

Years ago, before Soulstones were a thing (I hope. I may be misremembering) I deleted a fully developed 7x crafter on Siege, my original "Star Knight Goku" character with the spaces, because I wanted to make an archer. I made it to about 60 archery before I got bored, deleted it after the week was up, and remade my original character.

That's how you talk stupid decisions.