1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

[Resist Spells] I read the FAQ but have a question

Discussion in 'UO Spellcaster' started by TimberWolf, Aug 9, 2014.

1. TimberWolf

TimberWolf Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

What will the effective difference be between running with 100 resist spells and 120 resist spells?

2. Obsidian

Obsidian UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

You will get debugged and poisoned more with 100 vs 120 resist. If you are fighting lesser foes it is likely not a factor. If you are fighting modern foes who cast with greater than 120 skill then it is helpful.

I will be honest... For PvM warriors, I only run resist if I am fighting Necro casters. Typically all of my casters have resist unless they use RC to tank.

Duncan Drake and kronides like this.
  3. icm420

icm420 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

For pvp you have to run 120, because most spells are a direct check vs resist and most spell casters are 120.

For pvm 100 works well, but the biggest thing is the poisons which 90% of the time is countered threw forms or consumables. I don't reallly see a reason to use resist in pvm other then to counter bloodoath and/or you do a lot of semidar spawns.