1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

I ress'd someone and could see his backpack contents

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Anne, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Anne

Anne Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Tonight I ress'd a guildmate and invised him. He used his dress macro and I could see the contents of his backpack as he was dressing. I could see armor, jewelry, quiver. boat and a cloak. It appeared as if it were laying on the ground but it was moving around. When he was dressed and running away it still appeared on the ground and still moving for a second before it disappeared.

Has anyone else seen this? If it's visible to all (may have just been me) it would be a dead giveaway that someone was just ress'd and is dressing.

2. Arch Magus

Arch Magus Guest

Yep. It's been happening for a while.

Wonder what causes it..

3. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

I've noticed this happening quite a bit of late.... infact i see it quite often when my guildmates are in stealth and changing items around in their backpack.... I see things like Quivers dancing almost ..... robes, capes..... weird things like that......

[​IMG]

4. Lord Sir Scott

Lord Sir Scott Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

think of it as a invisable backpack full of things not invisable...

5. Giggles

Giggles Forum Administrator
    Administrator Moderator Professional Stratics Veteran Social Media Liaison Campaign Supporter The Squirrel Empire

It started with the moonglow event publish I think.

6. Doomsday Dragon

Doomsday Dragon Visitor

No I didn't but it may have become worse at that point and thus more noticeable than usually.

This has been around off and on since the launch of AOS maybe even before that. The issue is in the client and is pretty random. If you see the items you are probably the only one that can at that particular time but that does not mean that by chance others might not also be able to see it.

7. ^Wolfie^

^Wolfie^ Visitor

Anybody walking by can see this and it's getting damn old. It does to seem to be affecting stealthers alot and causing alot of res' kills due to it.

8. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

I noticed it a while ago while we were doing a Lady Mel. Guildmate that had been rezzed was invizzed and standing at the far east end where it drops off so that his character was standng on lower ground than my character. While he was using his UOAssist dress macro, everything he put on showed up first as if it was laying on the ground.

Anne, was your guildmate standing on ground that was lower or higher than the ground your character was on?

9. Anne

Anne Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I'm pretty sure we were on the same level of ground.