1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

I see blackrocks are back, are BRE back too?

Discussion in 'UO Craftsman' started by Guest, Mar 5, 2008.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

I had been inactive for long time and did first start mining again after the changes to the BODs. I mined up 4 small pieces of Blackrock and that scare me, all the days I had been back, it har been Valentine peace for BRE and I had not got any Blackrocks before today.

I need some advices for how to handle this BRE. I had never meet one yet.
    Can they be killed and how?
    How fast do they move?
    Do I or my beetle risk to get infected?
    Is this Blackrocks useful for anything?
    How offen avg do I risk to dig up a BRE?

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Brock is on vacation right now and the devs havent said when he is coming back. If you can kill him without provoking three other brocks on him then your one bad ass miner. Best thing to do is jump on your uninfected beetle and haul butt as fast as you can away from him. Oh and Blackrocks have a very useful purpose. They take up valueable storage space in your house or bank box. But I doubt any of this Info will help you since I dont know what the conditions are on Seige.

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks for the reply
    I hope he stay on vacation, I have no hurry to meet him.
    Yes I guess BR will take up alot of my storage and if I decide to trash them, Devs will make them useful right after [​IMG]
    I doubt the conditions on Siege is much different, when it comes to mining, other than the risk for meeting Mr. Red but I think most of the reds gave up long ago to find victims near my mining house, been a little boring mining without any visit from them [​IMG]

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Digging up BR's in Fel seems to yield more than tram mining so I believe you should be able to mine at least 4 a day on Seige. I usually double the amount i get in Fel over tram. Mining in Delucia or Cove will be your best bet in Seige. Even if Brock returns early, you can just say the magic word and Brock will disappear in a bolt of Lighting! LoL even the NPCs wont stand for Brock popping up in their towns.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Hehe, now I never do mine near town, my home is near covetues mountains so I won't get much help from guards [​IMG]

6. Guest

Guest Guest

I came a visiting to ask the same questions. Many a time, before Valentine's day, I would mine up one of those nasties..and try to run..they are a bit tenacious....AND my miner is a Ledgendary Pally...she dies as fast as you other miners.... [​IMG]

I have tried to fight the things but I see no damage doen to one, no matter what weapon I use. humm...I will re-state that...NO DAMAGE to the EL...plenty to myself...*you are dead and can not do that* [​IMG]

7. Guest

Guest Guest

So is this part of Mondain's Legacy or something... BRE's and Blackrock that is. I've been back for about almost a month now, I mine only in Fel and I haven't seen ANY of these pesky things in my backpack or giving me the dirt nap.

I'd like to think that at 110 months old maybe I'm immune but what gives?!?!

8. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Im not sure they turned them off and Valentines day and Im not sure if they have turned back on but I have not mined one back up yet but Im not gonna complain I have mined 3 in a row up so maybe Im getting my break from them either way no complaints here

9. Guest

Guest Guest

Any GM miner should be able to dig up a blackrock but I dont have any proof to back up that claim hehe!

Wait I think I got my proof now
    BlackRock Elemental

10. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I will go try to dig one up today i seem to mine one up about every 10k ingots and Im very low on ingots so we shall see
    flint LS Shard

11. wanderer1origin

wanderer1origin Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

have had friends pund on bre a long time archers cant really hurt have heard can kill them if enough put time in 20 plus!!!!!!!!!! or prvoke 2 and find a third tow fight left over etc

12. Lord Gareth

Lord Gareth UO Content Editor | UO Chesapeake & Rares News
    Reporter Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran

I thought Blackrock Elementals dont spawn anymore period?

Only the rocks.

13. Guest

Guest Guest

They said they were turning them off for a short time around Val's Day and have yet to turn them back on.