1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

I still hate the new IDOC changes

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Dixie chessy/legends, Mar 6, 2015.

1. Dixie chessy/legends

ima keep posting it till someone on that Dev team listens to an actual idocer!

the times do not work! so you have people sitting at idocs 17 hrs, yes this is happening.....and before someone gets on here to troll that post.....u do ur thing in uo and us idocers will do ours

the grubbers are stupid, most of the time they spawn with no loot...and besides that its not a damn treasure map its an idoc!

the fact that u guys decided to put a you must wait to pick that up timer in the game is insane and has done nothing but create about 40more bugs that yall will never fix before you go an mess something else up.

private houses were annoying enough as they were, but not all were private. sometimes we got to get excited about something we saw, or we could decide to skip a house based on what we saw.

and lastly and this pisses me right on off....Advisors can go into decaying houses!!! where do i sign up i wanna go scout for my buddies to!

you have a very limited player base as it is.......pvp keeps some here, crafting keeps some here, rp keeps some here, and idocs keep some here.......like it or not idocing is a profession for some of us. when u chose to listen to people who do not idoc you messed our system up horribly. they go on doing the thing they like to do in game while people like me throw my hands up and say whats the use anymore because as it stands now i no longer enjoy the one thing about this game i did enjoy. and i know im not the only one feeling that way

#1 Dixie chessy/legends, Mar 6, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
    Olahorand, Aroz, sibble and 2 others like this.
  2. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

NO. You are not the only one feeling that way. Fixed something that wasn't broken supposedly to combat scripters, I guess. But in the end it just killed it for the nonscripter because they listened to a few people who probably don't idoc. They should put a poll ingame, one vote per account, and see how people feel about it, all the players, not just the few who bend their ear all the time.

And the scary thought is, the bright folk who brought us this fine system of play, are about to redo banking and check and gold handling. I can't wait to see that...

3. Bobar

Bobar Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Well as an Idocer of some years I too am not greatly enamoured with the new changes, BUT and its a big BUT, the one thing it has accomplished, as far as I have seen on Europa, is the actual demise of the scripter. When timing I always track to see who else might be about and LO the spot under the house sign is now a vacant spot.

I suppose there will be times when one might appear but to date I see them not and that alone compensates me for much of the inconvenience. Sure its harder now but true idocing has never been that easy, we have always had to put in the hours to succeed and weighed against the removal of the cheating script runners I will settle for what we have.

4. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

I love these posts, and no I'm not trolling, I truly love them and laugh almost out loud when you all claim how hard and honest you all are , as you're tirelessly running around the lands, stopping in front of each house sign so you can mouse over it and tell whether it's in a decay state or not. :thumbup1:

yadiman, Uvtha and Goldberg-Chessy like this.
  5. Longtooths

Longtooths Supreme Commander
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend LTC

I'm not going to debate the new idoc rules because I am not an idocer. However, Advisors being able to enter a private house seems highly suspect to me.

6. Picus at the office

Picus at the office Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

This, on every shard and every day.

Stubentiger likes this.
  7. It Lives

It Lives Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I don't like the part about the Adviser. Far to much room for abuse.

Keith of Sonoma likes this.
  8. old gypsy

old gypsy Grand Poobah
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron PITMUCK

Although I'm not one to IDOC, I can empathize with your frustration, Dixie. I got pretty upset (even militant) years ago when it was revealed that eating in UO didn't really confer any benefit, and my chefs joined the unemployment line. Hopefully, the IDOC changes will not prove to be as discouraging, or as long-lasting. :)

9. Keith of Sonoma

Keith of Sonoma Certifiable

WOW! I had no idea advisors could go into decaying houses. I AM NOT saying any advisors are dishonest, but I can see how there COULD be some temptation there.

Dixie chessy/legends likes this.
  10. sibble

sibble Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend 151

I too do not like the changes. I don't bother doing IDOCs anymore. The way I see it is if they want to make it harder for people to collect possible historical items that are part of this game's 17+ year legacy, then they can just decay for all I care... IDOCing should be made easy, there's absolutely no reason why it should be some trivial system. We're talking about items that will possibly decay... They should want us to grab these items!

There is no debate on whether it's easier or harder. It used to be a set time, now there's different possible times. That is obviously adding difficulty.

Why can't friends/co-owners get stuff out of the house? If the owner of the house didn't want them to have access to any of it, they wouldn't have added them... While the changing of the hours and the grubbers annoy me, the friend/co-owner thing is probably the main thing I dislike about the changes.

So hey, if my buddy goes in the hospital and his house accidentally falls and I wasn't able to collect any of his stuff, don't be surprised if he doesn't return to UO knowing he lost all his goods because I couldn't do anything to help him even though I'm a co-owner to the house that stores everything he owns.

3+ yr ex-IDOCer

EDIT: And this stuff about advisers being able to go into the houses is dodgy... only GMs and Mesanna should be allowed period!!!

#10 sibble, Mar 6, 2015
  11. Scribbles

Scribbles Babbling Loonie
    Professional Alumni

I wont say anything brash, or rude because i don't believe that will get us anywhere. Appropriate tags. @Mesanna @Bleak @Kyronix

1. Still not falling at 5 10 15. some are, but not all. Even if it were, 15 is a little ridiculous. thats more than double the time it was for 10+ years. Please make champs or any boss last longer than an hour and see how many complaints you get. We are just asking you keep it below 7 hours.

2. Advisors. yeah you should watch over them a little more carefully. I wont pick out names or shards, but ive got some nice video recordings. Taking away their power to teleport in an idoc area would do the trick. Perhaps the same code you used to stop YOUNG players from looting could be applied there.

3. the code you put in to stop people from picking up to fast is bugging out and not letting them pick up at all until they run off screen. I would back off the time per pick up a little and bet that would fix it.

4. The grubbers are horrible at picking things up. Perhaps they are bugged by the same picking up timer as number 3. Either fix 3 or back off how fast yo uset the grubbers to pick up things.

5. I havent tested this so im not totally sure how it works. However, Co-Owners should be allowed in a decaying house. If the owner trusted him enough to be co owned I think he has the right to be the "palm-bearer" so to speak.

Thank you for taking the time to try and help keep the IDOC "scene" as clean and fun as possible. A few minor tweaks and i think it could be perfect.

12. Thrakkar

Thrakkar Slightly Crazed

First, I'm no IDOC'er. I find it boring to run around the shard and check house signs. And I also find it boring to wait at a spot doing nothung, but wait for a house to collapse.
    Now to my point:
    The first half of the quote basically says: There are not much players, thus accounts and thus houses left.
    The second half more or less translates into: Houses are falling left and right and I do it all the time.
    Besides, that I find it somewhat contradicting, how many IDOCs are there per week? How often do "professional IDOC'ers" loot stuff from a collapsed house?

13. Picus at the office

Picus at the office Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Other threads are saying 10's per week, that's alot of players in this game.

14. Zuckuss

Zuckuss Order | Chaos
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni K^S

I have done 20-30 IDOCS since the changes and I have not had to wait longer than two hours.

15. Dixie chessy/legends

i dont run rails doll if thats what ur getting at, i actually run about 5 shards by hand...or i did....im doing nothing but killing time now till it warms up outside and my acct goes off since i screwed up and forgot to turn it off for the march cycle.

and to the person wanting to know about how many idocs fall per week. it depends on the shard. i ran yamoto for weeks only finding 2 decays. i ran legends 1 weeks and found 6........more often than not people own a couple of houses. when one acct goes down so do the rest thus u get 2-4 houses owned by same person all dropping. idocing is like gambling, only u gamble ur time not $ most of the time its junk. just someone who started playing and for what ever reason didnt stay....but every now and then you get something really nice. i dont have billions hoarded up, idocing is the only way i can get cool stuff..... so to me its worth a little time, if im gonna be on there anyway......it is not worth 17hrs though

Olahorand likes this.
  16. Bobar

Bobar Babbling Loonie

Well this is only a game after all but in terms of time consumption Idocing was always comparatively hard and the new system has increased that kind of waiting time considerably. Not in physical terms obviously but lets face it staring at the same house sign for a long time is boring as hell and not terribly exciting so mentally it is draining. With reference to running round the lands, you do realise that many idocers such as myself join forces and all contribute to the net gain?. Joining forces with others not only decreases the workload but increases the enjoyment you get while doing them, always an opportunity to chat while you play. At one time I was in a guild with 6 others nowadays it is down to 3 but we still have fun 'tirelessly running round the lands and stopping in front of each house sign' . Strangely enough I have long ago passed the time when Idocs were an easy means of increasing gold. I just love the excitement of the fall and like Forrest Gump's Box of Chocolates never knowing what you will get and if the house is empty, so what, on to the next. Long Live Idocs!.

17. Scribbles

Scribbles Babbling Loonie
    Professional Alumni

Its supposed to be 5 10 or 15 hours. Here in lies the problem. However with that said, thats some amazing luck lol. I had some at 4 hours but havent had a 2 hour wait in a while. All though, i did have an osi at GW fall while still GW.

quick question. Are you watching them at GW turn to In Danger? Trying to get an accurate measure of what you waiting two hours is. Is that two hours from the timed that it turned "in danger" or is that you just recalling in at some random time and waiting 2 hours?

#17 Scribbles, Mar 6, 2015
  18. Goodmann

Goodmann Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Just delete the houses contents....... This helps the economy and solves all of these issues! WIN WIN Solution

19. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

What happens when you come across a house and the house sign says * OSI Owned, Demolition Pending, This House is Private*

Does that mean it's going through it's first cycle? There are vendors on the property, but no decay status is showing.

(This is a friends house and we're kinda freakin out so any help/Idea's would be appreciated!)

20. sibble

sibble Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend 151

From what I understand, houses that have vendors will go OSI owned and go through two cycles instead of one in order for vendor owners to have time to do whatever it is they need to do.

When does the first cycle end and the second one begin? I dunno =(

I'm sorry your friend's house is decaying at an awful time.

21. Kirthag

Kirthag Former Stratics Publisher
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor Evergreen

Thanks Larisa... is my house.
    So I'm wondering.....
    • If the vendors are removed, will the house drop?
    • If the vendors are NOT removed, can I reclaim the house?
    • Am logged on (so obviously paid up the account), standing in front of house, and cannot reclaim the house - at all. :(
    • If house is "private" why are NPCs trampling in and out of it?

I'm so stressed out right now.

22. Goldberg-Chessy

Goldberg-Chessy Crazed Zealot

Almost as suspect as gold for sale ads on a forum designed for impartial discussion :)

23. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

since the house should have fallen already, but went osi instead i wouldnt put too much faith in getting it back. Not saying its impossible, but would depend on Mesanna and if she responds in time before a gm comes and drops the house (this could be at any time)

since you did pay for the account and have access to it, id get anything out that your not ok with losing just to be on the safe side.

24. Goldberg-Chessy

Advisors are an official part of the UO community that have been granted certain powers by Mesanna and company to help out the general player base. The Advisors could not effectively do their job without certain special abilities.
    I have never once seen or heard of any type of Advisor abuse or wrong doing.
    Based upon the nonsensical logic in this thread all Advisors are cheaters and scammers for no other reason than they have special abilities lol. So by extension all the accusers in this thread are in fact also accusing Mesanna and company.
    Are todays greedy and frustrated idoccers so upset and immature that they are now resorting to vague accusations to try and get their gold for $ sales back?
    Pretty freaking pathetic.
    I apologize and no offense meant btw to the couple of legit idoccers that are just doing it for enjoyment or as a hobby.

Fridgster likes this.
  25. GarthGrey

GarthGrey Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend GoT

With 2 staff members involved, my money is on your house being miraculously saved. ;-)

26. Kirthag

Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Benefactor Evergreen

Just sent off an email to Mesanna with a request for customer support, and several questions I've seen in this (and other) threads related to the whole IDOC Housing thing. If I can, I will update later.

Mean time, check your accounts Lurkers. You all know who you are - and several of you have many accounts.

*waiting hopefully*

27. It Lives

It Lives Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

LOL

28. Goldberg-Chessy

You must be important :)
    You have a lot of banners under your name

29. Tamais

Tamais Lake Austin Reporter
    Reporter Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Campaign Patron Editor

That's the problem. She doesn't have acess so can't save stuuf :(

30. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

It is going to happen whether you've seen it or not. Counselors and Companions did the same thing looking inside houses. But this wasn't an issue back then because you could look inside every house whether it was private or not.

31. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

ahh i see. yeah unfortunate situation. its very tricky because mesanna wants to be helpful, but also cant have people thinking that osi stage is a "safety net" that you can still get your house back in. all i can say is hope to get lucky especially since she would probably get more attention from mesanna than the average player.

32. Victim of Siege

Victim of Siege Crazed Zealot
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Safe Haven

With it going "owned by OSI" that means it officially is not your house anymore. it is supposed to go through another cycle to give the Vendor owners a chance to grab their stuff, then it will drop regardless and any vendor items, money on the vendors etc . . . will drop as well. it will be interesting to see if you get the house back.

33. Kirthag

Is not about attention, honestly. The patch notes are rather... vague... to say the least. As witnessed in all the threads on this subject, there is a whole lot of confusion about things - particularly with rented vendors on the house. I'm a player, like the rest of you. Just because I have all those banners (really dislike them to tell the truth - I like my anonymity) doesn't make me any special.

I counted my time and thought I would have enough to get a payday in before anything happened. Hopefully I am and this is a bug issue.

Still waiting for a response. As soon as I am able, will post the outcome.

Thanks everyone for your advice and support. :)

34. Cyrah

Cyrah Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

No 5-10-15- for me since the change. No two hours ever. More like 11, 16, 9. The grubbers are cute and useless. It has been fun talking to players, that part is good. Well except for the one that owned 5 homes in an area, let them all decay, and popped up to say he was taking his one man guild to SOTA.
    When one fell that that had items players went to it. While they looted he dropped another so someone could place faster. It was bizarre. A fitting dishonorable end to his glorious UO career.

So 15 hours is way too long. Just saying.

Olahorand likes this.
  35. Victim of Siege

did you activate the account before or after it went "owned by OSI" Kirthag?

36. Kirthag

Is this posted by a dev somewhere or simply observation? There is just too much speculation and would like confirmation. I have to admit, I've spent the better part of last night reading and even encountered shard up - i could have missed something.

37. Kirthag

Honestly I don't know. Saw my other house had fallen so got into the second account asap.

38. Victim of Siege

that is the way i have always seen it happen. the house is owned by osi, and then it drops later to give vendors owners extra opportunity. there is a post floating around somewhere by a DEV that says what "owned by OSI" means, but i cannot remember where and when. so i will just go with my experiences on this.

39. Xelious Norwood

I would stop complaining or the Dev team will just make everything vanish instead of dropping to the ground or grubbers. So keep it up! The morons that originally complained didn't see this coming so keep on complaining and see what they do next.

Goldberg-Chessy likes this.
  40. Victim of Siege

This is all i could find on the website

41. Bobar

Bobar Babbling Loonie

In my experience when Idocs go to OSI they still go through a decay cycle and that decay shows on the sign. They do NOT usually have no decay showing. I have seen them with nothing showing but I do not know what happens to that type. There used to be a few like that that just stood for years, possibly some kind of bug. As there is no decay I never watched them to see if they would fall.

42. Mervyn

Mervyn Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

IDOCers. Dirty, filthy, immoral, sub-human vultures.

Leaching off of others decay and misfortune.

When houses collapse, the content should go with it, i tell you the truth.

GarthGrey likes this.
  43. Longtooths

So, because you haven't seen it, it doesn't exist? Never mind the people with videos right?

44. Victim of Siege

not trolling, but what videos, have a link?

Goldberg-Chessy likes this.
  45. Longtooths

They were mentioned by someone above.

46. James Moriarty

James Moriarty Journeyman
    M8s

About looking into houses, can you not just do the old trick of stack a pile of pots up to as high as they go and then stand on the pot tile to look into the house. Thats how we used to look into houses you were unable to get into before it fell.

47. Kirthag

Thank you everyone for your opinions and comments. :)
    I got a response to my bug report, but until I talk to or hear from @Mesanna , I will wait to relay the info.

Not being sneaky or anything, just want to ensure what is shared is accurate and is fully supported and sanctioned by the dev team.

48. Dixie chessy/legends

i think im over it all. and i dont wanna pay for another month of this. u wanna buy my stuff before i close out acct q me well talk 105811531

49. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

Noo Dixie you can't quit...give them time to try to fix things....maybe? :/

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!