1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

I swear these people couldn't design their way out of a paper box

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Ezekiel Zane, Feb 4, 2012.

1. Ezekiel Zane

Ezekiel Zane Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I sure hope EA didn't pay the people who designed the new Account Management system a lot of money. It's pathetic work.

Look at this automated email from account management. What's missing? It doesn't even tell you what was changed. Nor does it tell you which account something was changed on. I have, in my case, 14 accounts over three different email addresses. More detail is warranted, especially since ( see highlighted text ).

Here's another one. Same thing poor detail. BTW, the change that generated this one had nothing to do with my password.

Now look at this one when an account subscription ends and you stop giving them your money.

For players with multiple accounts this is just ridiculous. If someone does get into your accounts and you get one of these emails, then you have to go in, if you still can, and find out what was changed and on what account. If they can tell you what account name the subscription ended then surely they could tell you the account name when any change is made and tell you what the change was.

2. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Oh I agree it's 100% BS. I have updated my multiple accounts many times and if someone were tampering with my accounts I wouldn't have a flipping CLUE WTF was going on because the emails are 100% USELESS.

If I didn't know what account I updated and all I'd think something fishy was going on.

The first few of those emails I got seriously ticked me off... then I remembered it's EA and they well... we all know their track record... so then I just wrote it off as typical EA.

But someone there needs to be fired.

A BOOT TO THE HEAD FOR EA!

3. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

I have something to add to this too...

How about on the site itself, there is no history of when you last paid for an account.. Like the old billing gave you your day and date of last paid subscription.

Some people do have holder accounts and if there is no date how can you track when said account should go back on? I for one a few years back needed to stagger a few of my accounts when bills were way too high and my finaces were not quite up to the amounts needed. We all have times like this and to save a bit have used this. But without a date history kept there along with the rest of the data......

Id love to get a e mail that said your accounts name when it sends messages, with 46 active accounts I need all the help i can get !

4. Vyal

Vyal Guest

I am sorry but 46 accounts is borderline insane...

5. yorky

yorky Guest

yikes 46!!

borderline? its way past the line lol!

6. EvilPixieWorks

EvilPixieWorks Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

I've been saying this since this BS started!

Seeing there is no way for us, the customer, to have interation with "customer service"... we can't be herd. So this issue will never be fixed, nor considered as we are forced to be silent... outside here.

7. yanaki2

yanaki2 Sage
    Stratics Veteran

well yeas i agree 46 is a lot (im lady storms son btw) but believe me we do use them.we actually cut down on houses recently so technically right now its only 40 active accounts but still it would be nice to know when you turn off accounts as the only email referencing the accout being shut off is when the account bills and the charge doesnt go through, you set a account to turn off ad you better write it down cause otherwise you will have no idea when it will go past 90 days

8. Capn Kranky

Capn Kranky Guest

Do you recall during the changeover I remarked that I could not see/view any of my important (to me) details like CC info (last 4 at least), etc? I do. I essentially got booed off the stage by the fan-bois of EA.

Now good folks like you two are paying for it. I'm not ... I have no more connection to any EA game at present time.

9. Ruppy2

Ruppy2 Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Do you you have a detailed spreadsheet, or do you just pay someone minimum wage to cut your grass too?

j/k, but WOW!

Jo

10. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

LOL to the OP.

They weren't sposed to design their way out of the box...they designed the box where we couldnt find OUR way out of it ;)

And did a superb job of it too!!

11. Ezekiel Zane

Purple text FTW.

One of the dumbest things Mythic did was to get rid of Jeremy and/or that position she held.

I think she did a good job at bringing crap like this to the attention of the right people.

12. Ezekiel Zane

Touche

13. goldenpower

goldenpower Guest

I agree with this. I posted about this problem a while back and got screamed at over it. maybe someone with 46 accounts will actually get listened to.

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!