1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

I target myself sometimes

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Anne, Feb 10, 2008.

1. Anne

Anne Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

About a quarter of the time when I am trying to honor a monster instead of getting a cursor it targets me and I embrace honor. So I have a hard time gaining honor.

It also does it with some magery spells. I don't get a cursor and it targets me. Not always nice.

Anyone have a clue why this is happening? It's not something new but I'm getting fed up with it.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Client?

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Have you tried making a UO macro to use the Honour virtue? I have mine on Ctrl-Alt-1, and then Select Target, and I have never had a problem. Yes, it's spiderman with the keys, but I've never targetted myself.

Can't say I've done the same with magery though, but a short sharp e-Bolt tends to remind me...

4. Are you using UOAssist at all and have a key set to queue last target? You may be accidentally queuing yourself. It may be an idea to have a key dedicated to clearing your target queue.

5. even bandage self does a short target self queue - that's probably the real reason he's targetting himself

6. Frarc

Frarc Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

If you play in KR, then you need ro rightclick the icon in the hotbar and reset the target to what you would like it to be. (Current,self or cursor)

7. Guest

Guest Guest

as people have said watch out for bandage self and targeting macros, but, above all, sometimes it is best just to hesitate, I've found :/. the virtue system is not programmed very well and contains many exploits. perhaps write in a delay or pause if it is a consistent problem? I've noticed the WaitForTarget macro option is very useful

8. This has happened to me too.

Glad to see that others have replied with explanations that sound plausible, and solutions that sound doable.

Thank you!

-Galen's player

9. <blockquote><hr>

even bandage self does a short target self queue - that's probably the real reason he's targetting himself

[/ QUOTE ]

This is 100% accurate. Tried and tested. Any type of action such as this does a "target self" which, when followed by an attempt to Honor, ends up with you honoring yourself.

A good way to avoid this is to double click any corpse on the ground after you've bandaged, removed curse, cleansed by fire, etc.

10. I used to kill my self all the time with that same problem. Would tell my pet to kill and surely it did. OOoooOOO I would say then. Did not do it all the time, and it didn't matter if I had UOAssist running or not. Had same problem casting spells and such.