1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

I think the Addage "No good Deed goes unpunished" applies here...Pathetic!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Jirel of Joiry, Oct 24, 2010.

1. Jirel of Joiry

Jirel of Joiry Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I found this article on Yahoo, and it makes me sooo mad!

Washington referees may face ban for charity pink whistles - Prep Rally - High School  - Yahoo! Sports

The HS Football Refs donned pink whistles For a week's gamea to promote Breast Cancer Awareness. They also planned to donate their game pay checks from that week to the Susan G. Komen Breast Cancer Foundation. Well, the Chair of the Washington Officals Association says he will disipline them for USING THE PINK WHISTLES because it supposedly violates the rules!!! They could be suspended TWO playoff games and forfiture of pay for those games as well.

As my mother is a 7 year suvivor and I have lost two people I care about to Breast Cancer this article makes sooo mad. I am passionately commited to raising awarness. It makes me madder when I think about the youngest age I've heard of Breast Cancer being diagnosed is 10(note:breast cancer that young is extremely rare)!!! 1 in 4 women will be diagnosed with breast cancer. I think what these Refs, were trying to do is great, but all it takes is one person to be totally inflexible.

I'm asking everyone that knows a Breast Cancer Fighter, Suvivor, lost someone to Breast Cancer , if you care about the women in you life or you care about raising awareness; Email this guy and let him know what you think of his stupidity!

His Email is: [email protected]

Okay guys....GO GET EM!!!

2. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

If you don't follow the rules you face the consequences, even if it's for a "good cause."

3. Zin

Zin Guest

But... I have no reason to believe he's stupid.

4. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

I agree that the disciplinary action is silly.

5. Beer_Cayse

Beer_Cayse Guest

Jirel, You have your heart in the right spot on this one but these guys did go against the rules. A simple "bless off" on the actions could have prevented this.

I will write a note and ask that the actions be waived ... only because I know 2 breast cancer survivors but lost a dear friend to colon cancer.

6. Zezak

Zezak Guest

He should just tell them to bring back their black whistles... I see no reason for the suspensions... just him being a jerk.

7. Taylor

Taylor Former Stratics CEO (2011-2014)
    Professional VIP Stratics Veteran Supporter Alumni Campaign Benefactor Alumni

That sort of my perspective. Ok, they used pink whistles...but suspensions? That's harsh.

8. Aran

Break rule, suffer consequence

9. Kiminality

Kiminality Guest

The consequences are hardly proportionate.

10. Zin

Zin Guest

Eh... I bet the next batch actually asks if they can... And they will be granted.

11. Aran

If the rule they broke carries the consequences of sitting out two games, and they broke that rule, how is that not proportionate?

12. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

perhaps someone could explain to me what difference the color of the whistle makes to the game

13. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

If I were to hazard a guess, I would say that those opposed to them may believe that the sound from pink whistles would make the football players turn gay...la

14. Beer_Cayse

Beer_Cayse Guest

I like Rico's comeback but ...

Sports rules dictate even the type/construction of mundane items like whistles. Thus the coloration of these particular shrill things in this game were not within rules.

Therefore being against the rules the refs are being penalized for unsanctioned usage of unapproved whistles. <sigh> Silly, ain't it?

Next thing ya know some player will get penalized for wearing Spongebob Squarepants bandaids or something.

15. Aran

If they're prohibited and he knows about the prohibition, I support the penalization.

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!