1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

I think they nerfed T-maps yesterday

Discussion in 'UHall' started by flappy6, Feb 15, 2015.

1. flappy6

flappy6 Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

i did 6 level 6 maps last night and 2 so far today and only 1 legendary and 2 majors with alot less items. anyone else notice anything or just bad luck?

2. A-tron

A-tron Adventurer

Really I think it's the rng. Did 3 level 7's got a 4 legend total with 2640 luck...

3. Yadd of Legends

Yadd of Legends Certifiable
    Campaign Supporter

I have not looted very good stuff from L6s in quite a while - maybe one legendary every half dozen - and it's rare the legendary has the right mix to be worth anything. My biggest hope now from an L6 (since forged pardons have plummeted in price so much) is to pull an L7 map, which is not very often (seems more often in Ter Mur than trammel and fel)

4. petemage

petemage Seasoned Veteran

I remember the business 101 classes given before VvV, teaching forged pardons would if anything raise in price, as more people would PVP :rolleyes: Mine are sitting at 350k on vendor for 7+ days.

Tjalle, Riyana and Yadd of Legends like this.
  5. Nyses

Nyses Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Ya, but this was not due to T-chest loot changes, it is specifically because of Royal forged pardons. One royal = to 10,000 regular forges pardon, if not more. One and done, blue again.

6. icm420

icm420 Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I blame the royal pardons but being that I had wanted such an item for a very long time I am not complaining. At this point in UO a pardon is only for that rare murder count you pick up by accidentally doing something.. between VvV and lack of pvp populations there is not much reason to be red or take a count.

7. silent

silent Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

I did about 7 level 6 maps yesterday and one legendary with 2300 luck.

8. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Yeah VvV killed the pardons, and the new turn in Talis killed the mana phasing orbs. Can't sell either one now. I actually found a pardon I had put on the vendor and mispriced somehow at 750. I hadnt loaded em in a week, so I know it sat there for a week at that price lol

9. The Doctor

The Doctor Adventurer

Well it seems they may have been. did another ten today got one legendary. Not that I was getting any thing totally fantastic yet anyways. It will be a shame if this continues. If this is the new standard of the loot and not just a few bad days of RNG. I will retire my shovel as there is no point in spending hours digging for loot I would not use. I enjoy t maps not enough to do them if the loot is not worth it more than half the time.

10. silent

silent Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Just to add to the list, 4 more level 6 chests last night and no legendaries. 2 were done with 3300 luck and 2 with 2300 luck. Not a big sample but just some data....

Figures right when i decide to build up a thunter and try and get some decent loot....

11. Goodmann

Goodmann Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

pretty positive they toned down the loot

12. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

"Bait and switch."

13. silent

silent Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

There is most definitely something up. Mobs I've usually gotten lower level arties from are not dropping hardly any arties.

14. The Doctor

The Doctor Adventurer

Well I do The Fel maps. One thing I just noticed I haven't gotten any with a SA property in a week or so. No casting focus, No Damage Eaters, No splinter weapon. Not on any of the loot in the chest. I was getting them a few weeks ago. I think this is why the loot looks so bad to me. I was getting them no I have not in over 60 lvl six chest. I hope they fix this soon.

15. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

My sense as also been that the loot in T-Maps has taken a slide...

16. Yadd of Legends

Campaign Supporter

This is a bit off topic but relates - if I can only get L7 maps from L6 chests, why not have L6 chests spawn on something besides miasmas?

Merus likes this.
  17. Yadd of Legends

Campaign Supporter

This is my impression - I'd like to see @Kyronix or @Bleak say if there has been any change that could explain it

18. sibble

sibble Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend 151

No change here

19. Christina Kardos

UWF

I wish there was a change. Market is flooded with legendaries. They arent actually legendaries any more :p

20. silent

silent Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

The bulk of legendaries were not coming from chests... they are coming from the bigger creatures. And if loot gets nerfed the s!@# trickles downhill and the rest of us doing lower level stuff (miasma, balron, gdragons, AWs, etc) will have even less of a chance then we do now. Which at this point I'm around 1 legendary in over 1000 miasmas with anywhere from 3000-4000 luck.

21. sibble

sibble Lore Master

Yes but only about 5% of them are actually good enough to call "Legendary." Not to mention there's only about .1% of those which are usable PVP weapons.

[​IMG]

Yadd of Legends likes this.
  22. Kyronix

Kyronix UO Designer
    VIP

The last changes we made to treasure maps were when we released Pub 88 in November,

"Magic items generated from treasure chests have had their base budgets increased based on the difficulty of the treasure chest."

Yadd of Legends likes this.
  23. Yadd of Legends

Campaign Supporter

Well, definitely the chest loot is a whole lot better than before the upgrade - and thanks again for that - at least we have a chance of something nice

24. sibble

sibble Lore Master

Just thought I'd throw this in, just dug her up:
    [​IMG]

25. silent

silent Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

What level map was that? I've only gotten 1 legendary out of 12 level 6 maps.

26. Martell

Martell Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Wow I forgot this function existed! So useful but on such a Fugly looking client... Alas.

Endrik likes this.
  27. Yadd of Legends

Campaign Supporter

If he hauled in 35k gold and got 7 abyssal cloth, it was an L7 map - Ilshenar Spirituality from the map
    And that grid function on the EC makes thunting so much easier, ugly or not, not to mention the super accurate maps