1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

i think....

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by imported_Trep, Dec 9, 2007.

1. ....its time to start asking to open siege to shard transfers. the populations getting lower and the pvp is getting stupider (if you can even call it that anymore....), assuming you can even find someone without 3 dismounters.

i think an influx of 3 or 4 guilds of "badasses" from prodo shards would triple the population and make this a lot more fun....but i cant see many coming over if they still have to rebuild characters...i think givin the option to transfer one character over, a lot would at least try it

pvp will never be as fun as it used to be....but crappy pvp with a lot of people is better then crappy pvp with the same 6 people

just my .03 cents....

2. pikon198

pikon198 Guest

What people...

*looks into the distance with a spyglass*

hmmm..

*detects hidden*

OHH, Those People!!

3. Guest

Guest Guest

Hrmm, the possibility is there definately... but I think there should be a limit (if any) to the number of items they can bring over, definately including gold.

It would definately populate the shard well above what it is at now...

Also a thing to consider though, is allow them to transfer over (but not transfer back) That would continue people to make the honest decision as to what kind of character they would like to bring over (and not have them trade off and on again with shard transfer tokens).
    This would make it only fair to those who have fully developed on Siege and only have one character per account.

Something I think people should definately consider, and consider it carefully.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

What makes you think any transfers would bring a different game?

5. AntiOTF

AntiOTF Guest

I think Trep is on to something here, but i also agree that absolutely 0 items should be transferred to or from siege. But allowing people to come here seems to be the best idea I've heard of in the last year. Since people refuse to change the shard themselves, then why not give the trammelites a chance to change it for us? We vets are "having too much fun" waiting to jump on a red 8 to 1, with 7 pets, at the luna moongate, to even think about anything that would improve the shard as a whole.

It's sad when we as a community can't make changes to our own shard, when we clearly have the power to do so. But hey, what can be more fun than 8 to 1 pet ganking at a moongate, right? *rolls eyes*

Afterall, half the people on this shard have trammel tendencies anyway, so why not open the door for trammelites? *shrugs*

6. Guest

Guest Guest

So... Piling more "crap" on top of "crap" is a good thing? *shakes head*

7. AntiOTF

AntiOTF Guest

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really, but it's worth a try, because the current "kool thing", is just not cool anymore.

8. Masumatek

Masumatek Guest

The solution to our population problem isn't shard transfers or second character slots or insurance or multiple houses per account or a trammel ruleset or any of a number of things that are bad for the game and would hurt Siege.

The solution is changes that will bring in a large number of people without hurting Siege.

Hrm...................................................

SPEED UP ROTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

9. Guest

Guest Guest

I am all for making Siege an attractive place to play. Transfering in and out... I just think if we go there we will have given up the one true thing that makes us unique.

Tweak RoT, rethink housing, even advanced characters, but tranfers? I can not support this.

10. Nagash

Nagash Guest

The way I see it, siege always had a low population and always will have a low population, its what kept me from siege for so long; and it sure as hell keeps other from siege. I dont think this transfer idea will change that.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

What hooked you on Siege then? Assuming you still play here.

12. The other shards are mostly dead themselves, and even if they weren't I don't see us gaining many players from such a move. I'd much prefer they spent that effort addressing the many issues that prevent people from wanting to come here in the first place.

13. Nagash

Nagash Guest

<blockquote><hr>

What hooked you on Siege then? Assuming you still play here.

[/ QUOTE ]

No insurance, and few blessed items-- the same as all of you I suppose.

14. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

Transfering in and out...

[/ QUOTE ]
    How about just transfering in? Without items?

But I suppose speeding up RoT would be a helluvalot better of an idead then transfer, possibly even getting rid of it to a certain extent.

Rethinking houseing now that I consider other shards (mabye just having 1 house per account on prodo shards and 1 siege house) would only make sense.

15. Guest

Guest Guest

It is the community for me. Even those I consider an enemy. Each and ever player that chooses to overcome the obstacles that Siege throws at them is a comrade in arms.

The Crafters, the Warriors, the oddballs (*stares*), every one of you that continue to log in and face the challenges of the Siege experience is a winner in my book. Well, for the most part anyway.

16. RobotPlanet

RobotPlanet Guest

I agree with the speed up ROT people.

*glances in another direction*

17. pikon198

pikon198 Guest

if they were to speed up rot i think they should keep same rules like from 70-80 its 3.5 and so on and so on but isntead of gaining a total of 3.5 in all skills in 70s, it should be 3.5 is the max gainable in each skill. so all skills in 70 can go up 3.5 each day together. That means in about a month people can have a pretty finished character. That means graduates from NEW would be better skilled to face the dangers of siege perilous.

18. Nerf-Herder

Nerf-Herder Guest

<blockquote><hr>

....its time to start asking to open siege to shard transfers.

[/ QUOTE ]

That would make me transfer to WoW. God damn it, if you want to [censored] play a Siege ruleset then you better train your character in the Siege ruleset.

...and then there's the connection between character x-fers and dupes.

The character transfer option is possibly the most destructive thing added to UO in the years that I have played it. People shard hopping to farm scrolls easier only to transfer again to sell at the highest market rate. Shard specific and unique rares bought up by someone from another shard. People using the x-fer to dupe gold, tokens, and various other powerful EM items.

I left my prodo shard to get away from that [censored].

As much as I love playing this game with my current crew, it wouldn't be enough to keep me here.

19. I think that this method is better. I wish with more hard yet.
    We need to keep a objetive always. We should never facilitating the work.
    We can see old player very boring because they are everything, do not wish nothing.

We must maintain the spirit of Siege. I leave europe shard because i like Siege, is the best server with to much difference.
    I wish to see Siege to Grow, but not to pay an expensive price for it.

greeting.

20. Guest

Guest Guest

*smiles* Well said.

21. Masumatek

Masumatek Guest

22. Nerf-Herder

Nerf-Herder Guest

LOL! I pity the fool that plays an elf! The T does not roleplay metrosexuals!

23. Noc

Noc Guest

Wtf is so wrong with Siege the way it is? Hell, next thing ya know certain lamers will be asking the dev's for a new computer.

*looking at the empty tp roll* "oh crap."

24. Rykus

Rykus Guest

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Not really, but it's worth a try, because the current "kool thing", is just not cool anymore.

[/ QUOTE ]

It was only 'cool' with a small group of people to begin with. Now that there's so few people to play with, it's no fun. Most of the people who tired of the Siege flavor of PvP (dismount gank) have moved on.

Evil always feeds upon itself. What happens when there's nothing left to feed on?

25. I love tamers,dismounters,hiders,bok users,necro mages and all the things most of u people hate. WHY WTF? u ask, Because its fun everytime i get 2 beetles 2 mares on me my heart races and my mind kicks into overdrive with thoughts of what i could lose. I lose atleast 4-8 artys a day to jsv tamers and for me thats alot seeing as i only stole 100 or so. But i keep comeing back because I KNOW i can kill them and I KNOW that they are thinking the same thing i am when they get the LP, DS. ITS FUN play the damn game guys. U dont like it leave and i will fight them by myself [​IMG] cause i can [​IMG] After all is it really fun when you KNOW without a doubt u will win ? doubt it

26. Guest

Guest Guest

No thank you.

I am probably very jaded right now, having spent a few hours trying to determine what is so amazing about the 'Winterland' business over yonder *waves vaguely at test shard*, but...

...those people ... and I use the term very loosely, have given me a newfound level of respect for our own notorious murderers, killers, ruffians and brigands.

People may rage and complain about the likes of Puffy, Krystal, Righty, WyRm, and others here, but truly, these folks are utter gentlemen (and ladies) compared to the utter trash that hangs around Yew gate in Fel, and even at the banks in *chokes* Trammel.

I'm not coming at that from a PvP point of view, either. I can mop the landscape up with most of that test shard trash, and I'm probably the worst PvPer Siege has to offer. No, I'm referring to their mentality, their language, and their overall... trashiness.

Open the door to shard transfers, and in they will flood. Right now, I'm very glad we have SOME things that are keeping them out.

No thank you. No transfers. Not until they impose an IQ test to gain access to Siege.

*goes to watch 'Grumpy Old Men' re-runs*

27. pikon198

pikon198 Guest

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean listen to Grumpy Old Men right ???

28. well pretty much the response i was expecting, same reasons that have been around since transfers started...except at that time there was actually something special here worth protecting

anyways i just wanted to make sure that siege would never be fun again so i can stop hoping and give up before the account rebilled.

29. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

well pretty much the response i was expecting, same reasons that have been around since transfers started...except at that time there was actually something special here worth protecting

anyways i just wanted to make sure that siege would never be fun again before the account rebilled.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think...

You think too damned much. Drink, not think!

30. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

You mean listen to Grumpy Old Men right ???

[/ QUOTE ]

well, by 'watch' I meant the Braille version.
    *grins, goes to 'watch' Braille Bay Watch while avoiding Da Hoff*

31. Guest

Guest Guest

I'd definitely support character transfers provided they came naked, with nothing.

32. Guest

Guest Guest

Ok, if you are all for advanced characters and everything else, what is the difference really between that and a char transfer with 0 items? I just don't understand what exactly you see wrong with it and I would really like to know

33. Guest

Guest Guest

I am just saying there are many avenues that are possible with out full blown character transfer. *nods*

All an advanced character would do is shorten the RoT by a couple of weeks. I would hope we could find and advocate better solutions than advanced characters, but I am dead set against allowing full blown characters.

34. Yes open the doors, Just dont alow them to transfer any items.
    They must be born into siege Naked!
    Oh but only allow character transfers into siege, not out of it.
    This way they r stuck with us, whahahahahahha~~~~~!

35. <blockquote><hr>

Yes open the doors, Just dont alow them to transfer any items.
    They must be born into siege Naked!
    Oh but only allow character transfers into siege, not out of it.
    This way they r stuck with us, whahahahahahha~~~~~!

[/ QUOTE ]
    Sorry, but I must say NO to this transfer character idea. The only
    way to get here is to start here. Just my opinion...
    *stares*
    Yahaxithonix

36. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

Bump, and sadly relevant.

37. Krystal

Krystal Sage
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

i like idea of char transfer too, but gotta come totally nakey..

38. Elfstone

Elfstone Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Aye , my thought exactly.
    Transfer in YES !!! Transfer out Hell NO !!!
    But how much stuff can they bring?
    And it's a BIG AND , what about all the
    masses of azz hats that are on the Trammy shards.
    Siege could go to hell in a hand basket real quick. :(
    And that I could not live with. As far as WOW goes,
    if you play WOW your a Care Bear and we don't need you... La

39. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

And you think that if people can only transfer one way it will help at all? I would be even less inclined to try Siege that way.

40. Elfstone

Elfstone Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

At least it would be with your one really good trammy
    character and maybe a few mil,ethy,ubber weapon.

41. archiv

archiv Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

I'd be against any type of transfers. For several reasons. I understand the pvp is getting rather bland for some, however..opening up transfers of any kind negates the whole idea of living on Siege. Just make a character on a production shard, macro their skills to max, buy any and all scrolls they'd need with farmed or bought gold and come on over. Find out all those skills and scrolls wont win in a battle of people who had to learn to pvp with player skill, delete the toon and start back up on your prod shard.
    And then there's the tamers coming over with a stable full of trained pets...

I'd vote leave it as is. The housing idea would have a better affect at keeping some new players. As was stated in that thread, no one wants to drop their keep on their prod shard. And cant really live out of your bank forever.

42. Selan

Selan Guest

If they open SP up to transfers, they've in essense done this. Just grind your char up in Tram on prodo and then xfer them.

43. Tjalle

Tjalle Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter Gilfane

Seeing how much damage transfers has done to the prodo shards, I´d say it´s a big NO-NO!

:talktothehand:

Wanna bring in more players?

Speed up RoT and increase bank box storage...

44. GoodGuy

GoodGuy Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

i agree completely

i think they should change siege from the "veteran server" to the hardcore server with no insurance, no bonding, no housing rules(cant ban people no private housing), and where the factions control town guards.

45. Calibretto

Calibretto Guest

Oh! krystal has a "Kinky" side.

46. N49ATV

N49ATV Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Speeding up rot is not where its at IMO. Since its so easy to get skills to 120 now with rot. The time is fine.

I agree with letting chars transfer in. And why not? No different then someone sitting here for a few months. With low population, you have have 115s of almost any skill left at spawns, or get them from NEW. 120s are cheap now. Stat scrolls cost, but who cares.

I say let a character transfer in. Limit gold to 500k (to get going), make them come naked, with no items (thus the 500k gets into our player economy).

Now some are against transfering in. If your not all for it, please explain the difference between a char transfer in, or buying one of the hundreds of fully done deactivated, or non played accounts? No different.

47. QueenZen

QueenZen Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

There isn't much of a difference with the exception that someone probably blew RL cash for those chrs. to buy them. Those should stop too. UO was never meant to be a rl income for people either.

Siege was never created to be a 'fast food resturanting' shard of swift building up a character, nor even buying all done ones. It was supposed to be harder here different rules different everything to try to start OVER not to start all DONE on this shard.

Some folks are just too darn lazy to work up their characters too,on any shards or lack the time to do so, so they buy chrs. alot or often, but buyer beware btw.

I am still against transfers to Siege, same as I felt when this old thread was originally brought up. Siege was an alternative to begin anew, if they lack the patience time or energy or are too lazy to work up a newbie chr. in a game on Siege, maybe they too lazy or cushy... to BE here to begin with !

Yes Siege can use some help but .........not insta transfer your all done worked up chr. from other shards to here. Even with nothing permitted to come with em, working up their chrs. HERE in this set up, with it's rules, in the midst of and around the players whom do play here teaches them more than auto transfering in all done. It will do them more good begining HERE, than begining and finishing their chrs. ELSEWHERE only to then mosey on over here all done, never even risking being killed HERE as a newb, cuz they probably worked their chr. up in Trammel, unlike the rest of us whom began skills on a new chr. HERE. Also coming to Siege with some all done chr. they will still be clueless about being HERE, yay their chr. will be skilled from elsewhere so... they learned nothing about SIEGE, cuz did their 'basic training' elsewhere.

If they want to BE here, then BE here, via starting HERE, learn like the rest of us have done, on Siege, from the get go, as UO vet with a newbie chr. starting HERE/ working up their new chr. HERE on Siege !

And if we actually received chr. transfers TO Siege, the whines of those and other players too, would also sooner or later cry for transfers FROM Siege to be ok'd too, Siege would become a revolving door of transiants and folks too darn lazy to work up their new chrs. HERE, like we all had done, amongst others HERE ! Do we really want folks to come here to Siege, on some cushy passageway, scrolled out yet clueless, but 'all done' chrs. never having learned Siege from the bottom up ?

48. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I think this is the best argument against transfers I've read yet.

49. I worked many skills up from the bottom and still going, you can to.No Transfers is what i say.

50. Mook Chessy

Mook Chessy Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Funny, anyone who wants shard transfer open to Siege (with any items) shoudl go make a toon an Atl and take a look at vendors in Luna, the sell more duped Val Hammers, Barbed kits and Heartwood Fletch/Saws in one hour then in the history of Siege, ok maybe not the history, but if you go look you will get my point.

True Siege players have no idea of what shard transfer (dupe) has done to the game.

Sure it will be a quick fix, but in the long run I think it would screw up the shard more.
    it would bring the kiddie power gamers and our screen would be filled up with [email protected]$()[email protected])(#*UR@#@)@#MOmNS JU

Trust me, I would rather fight the same 25 peps everynight then face that crap again...

Not to mention I enjoyed well over 8 hours of non faction pvp this weekend, without logging on Sunday!