1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

I thought I read there was a way to password protect your account

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Widow Maker, Jun 4, 2010.

1. Widow Maker

Widow Maker Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

on the uo.com website. This was to help prevent a hacker from changing your account passwords and such. Is this correct?

2. Kojak

Kojak Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

yes, but it's done kinda counter-intuitively and it only lets people not get your password emailed to the email address using "i lost my password, email it to me"

you have to go to the create account button of all things and then enter your existing account info and then it brings up the extra protection dialog

3. Widow Maker

Widow Maker Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

Much thanx. Some folks on sonoma got hacked by some genetic wastes. Helping them rebuild and security is first on the list

4. LordDrago

LordDrago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

counter-intuitive doesn't even begin to explain it.

When I click on the create account button, it gives me a box to enter my login name and password if I have an account already. I do so, and it tells me that they are invalid. Yet if I go tot he modify account page, and enter the exact same information, it lets me in.

If I go to the create accoutn page again, and eneter my information to create an account, it tells me that the account name is already in use.

So, my account name is already in use (no duh), but if i enter it in the fields they provide to login to an existing account, the login name and password are incorrect. If i enter it in the edit account fields, it works.

Oh, and if I ask them to send me my password, they say they sent it, but it has not gotten to my e-mail in basket (or spam), and yes, the e-mail account is correct because I have checked it when i logged in under the edit account page.

EA, go figure!!

5. Just Do It

Just Do It Visitor

I do that and it asks me to put in my product reg code :confused:

6. Kellgory

Kellgory Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran