1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

I thought this was illegal?

Discussion in 'UO Siege Perilous' started by Speedy Orkit, Oct 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

It used to be in faction days. Placing items to block players. I'm not sure if it still is, as it was more of a faction issue which I rarely played(O/C for life)

[​IMG]

2. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

they amde soem sort of ruling that created a weird grey area... so I don't know anymore if its illegal....

3. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

*Snickers*

4. Mogluk

Mogluk Guest

yes??

do you have soem knowledge about this maybe youcan enlighten us? its a valid question and if factions is going to be come more popular an answer might be nice....

5. Goron

Goron Guest

*snickers*

6. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

No, I just think its funny! :lick:

7. Turtle

Turtle Guest

It's completely illegal. Whoever did that should be banned.

8. Mr X

Mr X Guest

It has never been illegal to block players on siege. The only exception was for faction strongholds. This point has been made clear many of times over the years. I am sure if you call a gm and wait patiently for a 3-4 hours they can help you though hahahahaha.

9. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

I'm not asking because I want anyone banned, I'm asking for my own personal knowledge...I wouldn't ruin someones account over 500k in items, I'm not that petty.

10. OldAsTheHills

OldAsTheHills Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Hmm, if this blockage was gone then can you enter as a ghost?

I have seen massive blockage of other areas which are more important than
    the one you seem to wanted to go in.

Go get raised and just pick up those Minotaur artifacts, some people will pay
    you for them!

Where is your corpse on the screen... hard to see?

*stares*
    Yahaxithonix

11. OldAsTheHills

OldAsTheHills Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

No, no... let me guess... you were inside soloing for keys... and when you tried to leave
    you could not... so the corpse is inside the cave of the hydra...it does seem unfair...does
    it not?

*sigh*
    Yahaxithonix

12. Turtle

Turtle Guest

I'm that petty, I would have paged on them right away or at the very least icq'd them (if I knew who it was) and called that person names to make myself feel better. I hate people that do things like that. I would tell them they are nothing but a shallow no good cheat and it shows that person true character to stoop to something that low. This game is about having fun and things like that have no place in UO.

13. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

My body is by my horse

14. Kat

Kat Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran TnT/TnA

It's a fair bet whoever was behind that, probably did get such a talkin' to! :scholar:

15. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

I have pictures of the perp too, I just didn't post them, wasn't sure if it was due to the RoC. I knew I was going to die when I came out to 2 EVs, poison field, and a tamer on the other side.

16. Sunchicken

Sunchicken Guest

There is a thread in on the Great Lakes forum discussing this. From what i read it is not illegal as long as the items are movable within reason. You can stack 10 bagballs on top of one another, but you cant bust a crate and sit out 120 candelabras in one tile.
    Should be illegal, but good luck getting help from an actual gm i havent gotten anything but canned responces in the last 4 year.

17. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

It's illegal to totally block, unless it's within a faction base - which this is clearly not. However it is legal if there is a path through, even if it's only one tile wide.

On the other hand is it worth the wait for a GM to report it? By the time you get an answer to your page you're rezed, the stuff's all cleared up and the person/s who caused the aggro are long gone.

I tend to fume for a bit then shrug it off and carry on.

18. RedDaTeef

RedDaTeef Guest

This is a bit different but, not too long ago myself and one of my cohorots filled the luna bank and surrounding area with food using the create food spell, I mean totally full. It's wasn't blocking anything, but some players there at the time didn't like it and page on us. Shortly after that a gm messaged me to stop doing or it would result in some punishment.
    I'm also pretty sure recently someone was warned by a gm for putting blocking items around luna bank.

19. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

I didn't bother waiting around for a GM. I just emailed the 3 pictures I got of the offenders along with journal logs to EA's complaint dept. No waiting for me.

20. Mr X

Mr X Guest

If you were so concerned about illegal activities you would probably have to quit your guild. Oh ya, only YOUR guild can do illegal stuff. If anyone else does it to you it is bad.

21. Speedy Orkit

Stratics Veteran

I don't do anything illegal, and if my guild does I don't know about it. And if they do, page a GM or take screen shots, not talk on a forum Mr X. By the way, are you that guy that came to Chessy, got wiped off the shard and then cried that !C! hacked?

22. Mr X

Mr X Guest

Just making light of your hypocrisy. I think it is very ironic that of all people asking about illegal stuff it is a member of the guild you are in.

23. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

This thread has run it's course.:yell:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.