1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

I thought this was New Magincia?!?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by MrAlien, Apr 2, 2011.

1. MrAlien

MrAlien Guest

Hey guys, I just marked a rune in New Magincia and the rune only says "Magincia" on it. No this is not an April Fool's joke I am being completely serious. They fixed the moongate but they didn't fix this? Now I'm going to be depressed all weekend.

2. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

...oh no. Stop the presses...UO is done for.

And yes, I am being sarcastic. I thought this was a serious thread before I clicked it.

3. Lord Essex

Lord Essex Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

:violin:

4. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I don't think you should be depressed the whole weekend over that but I did list it on the Test Center bug thread, EA just didn't acknowledge the bug. Keep in mind Delucia and Papua were unknown for the longest time, as they were, of course, "the lost lands," so when you marked runes there it never said Delucia or Papua, hehe, but of course this is just EA being lazy. I mean seriously, how hard would it be to do a search through the code and replace all instances of Magincia with New Magincia?

5. RaDian FlGith

RaDian FlGith Babbling Loonie

Yes, because god forbid Mythic actually release a properly tested, well-checked publish.

We wouldn't want them to improve their standards of publish release. That might actually create expectations of good work.

And yes... I'm being sarcastic. I know there isn't a chance in hell of it happening these days.

6. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Comparably this was actually well tested and not as rushed as the others have been. A problem with a rune not saying New Magincia is, well not a big deal. Not hard to fix of course, but hardly an issue worth immediate attention or loss of sleep.

7. MrAlien

MrAlien Guest

Thanks G.v.P you really cheered me up. I won't be depressed the whole weekend now, I'll only be depressed for half of it! That's cool you reported it already. I wonder if they even read that thread. Can you post a link? Your right about Delucia automatically filling in when you mark runes there now so maybe they will fix this issue too in a couple of years after people stop coming to New Magincia as well! We can hope right? Keep your fingers crossed! Sadly it appears it is too hard for them. But I guess we have to give them a break, they are only hamsters afterall.

8. MrAlien

MrAlien Guest

Not a big deal?

Not a big deal?!

NOT A BIG DEAL?!?

*takes a deep breath*

5...4...3...2...1...Not a big deal to you maybe!

9. Lord Essex

Lord Essex Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

10. MrAlien

MrAlien Guest

Aww, those are so cute! Which one is Cal? Which one is Mesanna? And wait a second who is that 3rd one I didn't know UO had more then 2 people working on the game! :lol:

11. Woodsman

Woodsman Guest

It all depends on whether Magincia the island was also named New Magincia. You might be marking in an unincorporated part of the island and if so, would technically be outside of New Magincia city limits.

If the island was completely considered to be New Magincia, then that's a different story.

12. Lord Essex

Lord Essex Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

The grey one is Mesanna.. As she's obivously going around in circles trying to keep up w everything..

The one on the treadmill is obviously Cal as he's just full of hot air..

N the last one is In-Game support as its actually a mouse not a hamster n has no clue whats going on w/ anything but showed up because he was promised some cheese..
    :D:D

13. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

While I wasn't the first one to notice that the Moongate and other things were labeled Magincia and not New Magincia, I do believe I was the first one to make an actual post stating it rather than hinting at it.

So, obviously, this, meaning the naming of places properly, is an issue that I think it makes sense to care about.

And I still don't think the rune name is a big deal.

It would be worse if the name were radically different, like it said "an uninhabited island" or something.

This is something they should indeed fix, next patch. Perhaps along with other, more pressing, bugs.

-Galen's player

14. RaDian FlGith

RaDian FlGith Babbling Loonie

Hey... Magincians, new or old, have feelings too! It's sort of like the Jhelomites or Occloians whose runes are marked O O Occlo or O O Jhelom... I mean... that's almost inviting it to be Q Q Occlo or Q Q Jhelom, and that's just not nice.

15. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

2-part picture..
    [​IMG]

Looking at all the Debris Left Over in the New Place, it must have been Dev Cleaned, as usual=FAIL
    Looks like an Invisible boat there. H.S. has been here How Long, and it Still doesn't work correctly?

I think they should let you buy tickets w/ IRL money

16. Luvmylace

Luvmylace Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Nit Pick gees

17. Gilmour

Gilmour Certifiable

18. BIGJON

BIGJON Guest

We'll see once the house's go up how well it was tested.

19. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Well, the housing system is exactly the same. So if the houses all go up then don't see where the potential for a bug unless there is an issue with the unclaimed spots not decaying after 30 days and becoming free-for-all for a placement.

20. Zayin666

Zayin666 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Poops is that you on an alt account? :D

21. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Obviously not. Some people just seem to think these houses will run differently than the normal housing system.

22. BIGJON

BIGJON Guest

No I don't think they will run differently. I do know the spot I had on test would only fit a 14x14. I am not a novice house placer either............

23. Rodan/Linu

Rodan/Linu Guest

I like this thread

24. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie

me too dude, i'm with OP.

25. Vlaude

Vlaude Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Welcome to New Magincia, where cheap hoes are available on every corner!

26. MrAlien

MrAlien Guest

LOL!
    Mmm...cheese! :popcorn:
    :yell:
    "Get off my thread!" - Clint Eastwood?

Haha it should say "Las Vegas" when you mark a rune since everyones throwing their money away!

Ok you can stay in the thread. You redeemed yourself. Sorry I got so upset a moment ago I am just very passionate about my runes.
    And maybe have a slight case of schizophrenia.
    May I ask why you like it? Lemme guess, it's because of the cute hampsters and mouse huh? They're so adorible!

Are you depressed too? Maybe UO should start selling prozac and zoloft. Wow what a gold sink that would be! Or heck put it on UOGameCodes and make millions of dollars! :D First they get you addicted, then they disappoint you and make you depressed, then they sell you drugs! It's pure genius!

LOL! I pounded my hoe into the ground! Then I planted my seed! It was so much fun! And it felt sooo good! I'm actually starting to like this town! I might not like it anymore in 9 months but right now it's pretty awesome! Too bad my hoe is dirty now. I think I'm gonna go get myself a new one.