1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

I wanna dye my backpack interior.

Discussion in 'UHall' started by NightRider, Oct 7, 2010.

1. NightRider

NightRider Guest

I wanna dye my backpack interior because it's too dark inside and hard to see some stuff.

2. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

If you use the EC their are mods that change the pack interior color!

3. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Thats fine for EC client ... I too would like to lighten up the bags interior. It can be a bit difficult to see some objects in classic client.

4. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Regardless of client, it will be difficult to see some objects REGARDLESS of what color the background is. I've done several different styles myself and because the objects are all free-form and in just about every color imaginable, SOMETYHING is going to end up being difficult to see.

However, as it stands now, the EC is the only legally moddable client and even then, the Legacy container view will only give the 2d container gumps that cannot be changed.

5. ress me plz

ress me plz Guest

EDIT

6. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor
    Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

From what I understand those are considered cheats, and you shouldn't have posted that. You might want to delete the url before a mod drops by. You can legally mod the enhanced client, you cannot legally mod the classic client.

7. ress me plz

ress me plz Guest

ops i'm sorry, i've edited the message

8. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Thank you. :)

9. Lord Frodo

Lord Frodo Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

:thumbup1:

:thumbup1:

10. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor

Which leads to an interesting question. Maybe UI mods should be legalized for the classic client. What do you think? Personally don't think hacks that alter the world art should be legalized, but what about those that alter container gumps etc.?

11. ress me plz

ress me plz Guest

I agree with you

12. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

I'm going to take a guess and say that they will NOT make UI modding in 2d legal because the UI is not separated from the internal graphics system, so the same access is granted to changing the backpack color that the "stump hack" uses.

Without that separation and control, it opens up all kinds of issues.

13. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor

You are probably right.

14. ress me plz

ress me plz Guest

btw, the only way to prove that a person use a UImod is control in his computer, so take it easy, and use mod if you want :) no one will come to your house and control your pc XD

15. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor

Beyond the fact that you have once again crossed the line by advising people to cheat, if they ever decide to use checksums for client files the way many online game developers do, that would be very bad advice... ;)

16. ress me plz

ress me plz Guest

I'm not advising people to cheat, I'm the fist that don't use cheats, I'm only telling the truth :)

Those "cheats" consist only in some modified .mul files...and there's no way to prove that a user have canged it

17. Llewen

Llewen Grand Inquisitor

They certainly could if they performed checksums on the client files, as do many online games.

18. Assia Penryn

Assia Penryn The Sleeping Dragon
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I'd like to dye the interior of my paperdoll backpack, but even more so to be able to dye the interior of the vendor backpacks. Many items I sell have to put into gift boxes because they are really hard to see against the dark brown and often get overlooked by customers. I don't use the EC client, so speaking about the classic client here.

19. Sevin0oo0

Sevin0oo0 Guest

Backpacks(same interior as small pouch ), metal chests, coffin box, & the small fancy wood chest are All too dark inside. put blackrock inside a metal chest, it disappears, and that's just not right, it's BS. The brightness is up so high on my monitor now, it's giving me a tan.

A little brightness/contrast adjustment of the pictures Will fix that, and It affects only the locally viewed graphics, quite sure they know this.
    Evil hacker, whatever...