1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

I was killed in Luna and don't know how.

Discussion in 'UO Atlantic' started by Sir Ophid of Yew, Mar 2, 2012.

1. Sir Ophid of Yew

Sir Ophid of Yew Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

The strangest thing happened. I was shopping in Luna, and got tired. So, I logged off on the sidewalk in the NE corner of town. When I logged back in this morning, I was shocked to see the screen was black and white. Somehow I was killed.

I lost about 15 million in items that I had purchased. What's worse is that they were items to help me complete my suit for one of my characters and some lava and swamp tiles for decorating.

I was just wondering if this has ever happened to anyone else. Do you guys think I was griefed, and someone released a tame monster on me? I've never seen a hostile animal inside Luna walls, ever. I am baffled.

2. Xseries

Xseries Guest

Guildmate or lured mob most likely

3. Sir Ophid of Yew

Sir Ophid of Yew Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

That character is not in a guild. Is there any spawn close enough to lure. Have folks been luring to Luna lately?

4. Arrgh

Arrgh Sage
    Stratics Veteran

I mysteriously got deadly poisoned recalling to Tram Minoc bank a few weeks ago. Not guilded and def was Tram so no idea wth is up plus NO mobs.

5. Tazar

Tazar Guest

I don't think a lured monster would last a second in the Luna Vendor area... Wouldn't the vendors would call for guards?

6. Barok

Barok Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

The racetrack around luna with all the vendor houses isn't a guard zone. Someone could have popped a harbinger.

7. Thunderz

Thunderz Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

A NPC will only call guards if there facing in the right direction and "see" it happen. there was lots of reports of random killings from poison, so it is most probably that [especially if your a tamer it seems]. but luna isnt a guard zone only the middle bit so a released pet or something

Thunderz

8. Decadence

Decadence Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I have heard of this happening to several people lately. I was stocking my vendor the other night, and I believe I may have gotten a glimpse of the foul beast that has been wreaking havoc in luna! From my hiding place I was able to grab a picture. Could this be the scary mysterious luna serial killer????!

[​IMG]

9. tuuvaak

tuuvaak Guest

LOL that little fcker got me too !!!

10. Ghost of Gramps

Ghost of Gramps Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Sometimes dem dang Rune Beetle pulled street cleaning contraptions comes on by and runs peeps overs rights befores da servers goes downs.

11. Pennywise

Pennywise Guest

I-I-I hads dat once, and i-i-it put meez downs fer months!