1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

I wasn't around for Halloween...

Discussion in 'UO Crime' started by Llwyd, Jun 25, 2009.

1. Llwyd

Llwyd Guest

I wasn't around when begging received its changes. Could someone point me to a link that explains what happens on Halloween?

I'm seriously thinking about making a beggar when I return to the game, and since my time will be limited, it will probably be my main (possibly only) character. The halloween thread has me curious! :)

2. Barry Gibb

Barry Gibb Of Saintly Patience
    Stratics Veteran

You could say "trick or treat" to a nearby NPC. The NPC would either reward you with some candy or something special or play a trick on you. Some of the tricks I saw was you made a "spooky sound" when you walked, got polymorphed, met your evil twin, or exploded. Your begging skill gave you a bonus to getting the special treat.

Stayin Alive,

BG

3. Llwyd

Llwyd Guest

Thanks, Barry!

4. One thing that a GM beggar could get was a small web. (if your lucky) Outher than the web we got the same things. I found that it was best for me to just beg in a death robe. I just dyed it so it was not grey. Also you never need to bless or insure a death robe.

5. Barry Gibb

Barry Gibb Of Saintly Patience
    Stratics Veteran

I wore a costume, nothing insured just junk stuff that I either bought or made myself. It is easy and cheap to be a pirate...Arrrr.

Stayin Alive,

BG

6. Muck

Muck Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Did you had to use the skill "begging" on the NPC? Or just kept saying "Trick or Treat"
    in order to get that small web?

7. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I'm not 100% certain, but I think it was from saying trick or treat. GM begging just gave you that small chance of getting that particular special item.

8. saying trick or treat