1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

I welcome new Bard changes (more weight on real skills..)

Discussion in 'UHall' started by popps, Jul 22, 2010.

1. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I welcome the change to give to "real skill" (as compared to item skill points) more weight and bonus.

Even if a small change, I think it is at least a small move in the right direction to give to real skills the bonus they deserve over items skill points which can be swapped like a robe.

Skills define a template, particularly in a role playing game.

Hence, "real" skill points deserve a bonus and an advantage which items skill points should never be able to provide.

I hope we will see more of these bonuses which gratify real skill points over items skill points.

Good design change Devs !!!

2. Lord Chaos

Lord Chaos Always Present
    Stratics Veteran

I agree, the bard changes are good. Though it worries me that it says slight, because that likely just means that they're still unmaintainable. They really need to realize that true bards can't fit both Meditation and Focus onto their templates if they want to have any other skill to be able to actually fight.

3. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Ditto.

A true Bard Template takes up 4 (Musicianship, Provoke, Peacemaking, Discordance) x 120 points, "real points" thus leaving only 240 points to play with.

The bonus for carrying the weight of maxed out real skills over items' skill points should be a much, but really a much better one.

4. Fink

Fink Guest

I think there should be a bonus for having all four skills over GM, if they're going to reward "pure" or skilled bards. It's very easy to do two or three skills and cram in another half a template, not so much when you do all four.