1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

I wish you guys could see this or Can you really macro Armageddon?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by ACB1961, Jul 15, 2009.

1. ACB1961

ACB1961 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

:popcorn:

I've been watching the hut most of the day as I run around getting arties. It's been a laugh riot, but now its really funny.

We've got 2 guys macroing Armageddon. (IF you can even macro Armageddon). We've got about 10-12 other people, dragons, Earth Elementals, Wildabeasts, Emus, and God only knows what standing around. Then, we have 2 or 3 other people luring all the undead here as fast as they can.

Disclaimer: There aren't actually Wildabeasts or Emus, but you see what I'm saying.

2. slaveone

slaveone Guest

All it takes to cast that spell is saying the words and a piece of blackrock so technically they could just spam the words and hope it goes off as soon as one of the SL's spawns. That's probably what they are hoping for at least.

3. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

if they're saying the words and carrying blackrock, why aren't they blowing themselves up?

4. Zodia

Zodia Guest

doesn't blow you up if its in your pack now

has to be on the ground at your feet

5. ACB1961

ACB1961 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

But seriously we're talking about the words coming up hundreds of times for each character. You think they have 500 pieces of blackrock on them or something? OR is there some sort of scam where they can cast it and it not go off unless the ShadowLord spawns.

I mean I've been on Atlantic a looong time, there's no telling what sort of cheat some of these folks can come up with.

6. Storm

Storm UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I blew one up yesterday and it was in my pack! and it only would blow when shadow lord was present

7. It's not a scam. That's how it's designed to work. It will only go off if a Shadowlord is close enough.

8. ACB1961

ACB1961 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Thanks Connor, you're always so helpful.

9. Demonous

Demonous Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

smart players cast armageddon right when it spawns and then let everyone else finish killing the shadowlord so that the cloak pops in their pack

10. Pfloyd

Pfloyd Colorblind Collector

Blackrock only does 1000 damage and only once. If there are only a few other people there then that person isn't going to get a cloak as they won't out damage the other people...

Now if there are like 20 people then 1k of damage is probably good.

Plus who is smarter, the people that save their blackrock and get a cloak by doing enough damage or the one that just can cast Armaggeddon and potentially not get a cloak?

11. THP

THP Stratics Legend

The first 3 peeps to cast armageddon on the SL will get the 3 cloaks...[full stop]...that how it worked last time and i presume its the same this time...aint seen a SL yet as they say its a real time 12 hour spawn??WTF??

12. Pfloyd

Nope, that's not how it works now...
    The first blackrock only does 1000 damage and makes it take normal damage afterwards...i havent tried attacking one without the blackrock as the people on test have already tried that and it didnt work.

13. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Just toss some blackrock on the ground at their feet a few times... they will stop spamming the words.

14. Pfloyd

Hehe, thats awesome

15. No, that's not how it worked last time. If you were 3rd, and sometimes even 2nd, on the list of damagers, the 4th & 5th next can do enough damage to bump one or both of them down. I did just that many times during Moonglow when people did exactly what has been said already; use the rock then wait for everyone else to do the work. More than a few people lost cloaks from doing just that.

16. Pfloyd

True, all the first 3 blackrock people did was do 1/2 the current damage to the SL. So the 2nd and 3rd BR users if not used right after the first while it was being attacked did even less than normal.

17. Also, any archer that managed to get Honor on the SL would automatically bump the 3rd person off the list, regardless of whether they actually participated in the fight or not. If I got Honor, I wouldn't use blackrock on the SL because I knew I'd get top 3 no matter what anyone else did.

18. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

You are awesome.

19. javeevajones

javeevajones Guest

Please do tell how this works out...:gee: