1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

I would love more writing competitions. :)

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Alouenikah, Feb 10, 2013.

1. Alouenikah

Alouenikah Caretaker of Sudiva
    Stratics Veteran

Or art contests / design contests / any sort of contest where the reward is an opportunity to affect the world in some little way. I love UO, and getting to contribute a tiny little bit to the lore in the form of my Sudiva story was the most rewarding thing I've done in almost nine years of playing.

I understand the barriers to this sort of thing in terms of staff and time demands (having to read through a novel's worth of player fanfiction must be exhausting, let alone setting up player-made environments on every shard like the bank design contests), as well as controversy over winners and other issues that make it a formidable sort of thing to organise. So if these opportunities remain rare, that's okay. I just thought I'd mention it.

(I also never got around to publically thanking the organisers of the Sudiva competition, so - a very belated thank you to the judges, Mesanna, and the Stratics staff for the time and effort. :heart:)

2. KLOMP

KLOMP Sage

I'd love some more writing contests too. Muahaha...