1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

I would love to have a "grab" command...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by popps, May 19, 2014.

1. popps

popps Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Mostly for gems..... I find it quite annoying to have to pick them up individually (sometimes the mouse misaligns with them being so tiny), and quite also time consuming. Intead, having a "grab" command and then targeting the corpse or container, would "grab all gems" and nicely stack them up in one's own main backpack....

If it wasn't that they are needed in loads for imbuing, I would just leave them alone and not have to deal with the annoyance of picking them up.....

#1 popps, May 19, 2014
    Last edited: May 19, 2014
  2. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

you use Pinco's I thought?
    watch my stealing in exodus video, you can see how using an organiser can do what you're asking.

3. popps

popps Always Present

No, it delays too much my playing..... cannot use it for hunting with this computer.
    I just use it occasionally for some things but only if I am in safe locations where lag is not an issue.

4. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Ooooh is there a guide to using this? I'm very interested.

5. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox

DJAd likes this.
  6. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Yep Pinco's has a very awesome loot feature.

Besides that anyone remember how years ago you could tell your pet to "fetch" for you? I miss that also miss when you could have them guard a door, tree or bag too...

Widow Maker and G.v.P like this.
  7. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

Thats great for the EC users but us who cant use it... we are not happy hehe

8. Zerbee

Zerbee Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

The EC w/ Pinco's UI has an auto loot feature?
    Then it's only fair for classic client users to use an "illegal" script to aid in autolooting as well.

9. Great DC

Great DC Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

"grab" command huh. *mind in the gutter* . Oh sorry you talking about looting. haha

10. Uriah Heep

Uriah Heep Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

My first thought as well, what's Popps wantin to grab? :eyes:

11. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

He was making a comment on things in his own pouch.. like black rock cant have them stack as they are converted gems so dont have same code.... Lighten up inside of pouch would help greatly.

12. MissEcho

MissEcho Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

No it doesn't have an 'auto' loot feature. It has a feature when you can ask it to 'loot all' where you have already clicked open the corpse, clicked the bag to start the loot function, and then have to continually 'move' your mouse for the function to actually work. The only thing you don't have to do is actually 'target' the individual items, there is pretty much the same amount of 'mouse' movement as you would have to use if you did it manually. Unlike the illegal scripts where you don't even need to be touching your mouse.

Storm likes this.
  13. MalagAste

Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

You can though right click on everything and it quick loots it into your pack.

Also .... it puts everything in neat little squares so there is no crap going under your spellbooks and being hidden in your pack..... as well you can make it a checkered pattern of lights and darks so you can always easily see stuff.... and if you put all the stuff you have on hotbars in the bottom of your pack then "new" stuff that goes into your pack drops in the top and you always see what you just got easier.

Yadd of Legends likes this.
  14. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

I remember reading about the fetch command in the manual, but I forget if it ever worked for me. I do miss being able to have your pets guard another person, though, or rather, how a friend of the pet could issue forth kill commands (although, the all follow macros could get annoying).

15. MalagAste

All follow macro's are still very annoying. But I do miss when friends could issue the kill command.

16. Yadd of Legends

Yadd of Legends Certifiable
    Campaign Supporter

Well, real-life backpacks don’t have little squares, do they? So how can you claim to be a role player if you demand little squares on your backpack? Don’t hard-core role players love spending most of their game time moving things around in their backpacks and digging through it find what they just looted? Wait, that’s not real-life, either, is it? OK, sarcasm alert, just kidding. I love the little squares, can't imagine how I played without them.

17. Ludes

Ludes Babbling Loonie

I sure don't miss digging around in that little pack either.. and since my eyes aren't as young as they used to be I make full use of the Scalable option.
    With just a roll of my mouse wheel I can zoom the pack up to the size of my screen and see everything so clearly now.

Much easier on us older players.

Njjj, MalagAste, Storm and 1 other person like this.
  18. MalagAste

Real life backpacks don't hold 450 stones of crap. Nor do they hold bolts of cloth, ethy horses, 8 different bows, 3 quivers of arrows, etc... LOL.... but yes I wouldn't dream of playing without my nice neat little squares to fit all my stuff in...

19. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

I understand that for pvp people the dark pack hides important things that a fellow pvp artist might steal if seen....
    but pvp is not the whole world of UO. Eyes cant see those tiny specks of black rock and there is also the nights kiss dagger... I cant tell you how many times i have lost that bloody thing in my bag! And that was when my stroke didnt effect my eyes. Hunting for something in my pouch I cant see is fustrating.
    Some here told me to turn up the bright on the monitor, what makes you think the pvp guys have not done just that to find your little hidden objects??
    plus did you say in EC its so easy?? How many of them are running in EC? So your point is moot.
    I have a legitamate reason as do many who also need this tiny bit of lightening of the tanning of the inside of the packs.

Wait til your eyes go buggy .... it wont be me who tells you to go get glasses or a magnifying glass kiddo...
    I'll just say I told you so...

20. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Lady Storm... The PvPers that have transitioned to EC do have an advantage. I use EC just for this purpose. So I can see what is there.

21. Kayne.

Kayne. Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

horde minion!

G.v.P likes this.
  22. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot

I figured as much Kelmo.
    I would only be logical. If anything gives them an advantage over their prey... they will do it.
    So I dont see why any would fight to not let the CC have a slight change that others in the EC have with their options.

23. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

*has nightmares about pumpkins*

24. Yadd of Legends

Yadd of Legends Certifiable
    Campaign Supporter

Does anyone actually use those things?

25. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Yes.

26. MalagAste

They are awesome trash cans. Instant delete of items. (Though you don't get points for it, but I'm fairly sure that stuff deleted in a horde minion also doesn't end up in the cavern of the discarded either) Also good for picking up bunches of things on the ground. Pumpkins for example at Halloween. Good at an IDOC sometimes.