1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Iakas the Zoologist

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Tina Small, Dec 18, 2008.

1. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Has anyone been able to get a quest from this new NPC at the zoo, either in Fel or in Tram?

2. Ceridwen

Ceridwen Guest

The quest giver is Lyla - no clue where she is - and you need to fullfill the quest and bring the item to Iakas.

3. christy1221

christy1221 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I've been trying to find lyla no luck yet :sad4:

4. Ceridwen

Ceridwen Guest

She's at the north docks of Jhelom, inside the wooden... uh... thingy before the docks.
    (at least on Drachenfels)

Now only to find slimes on our homeshards... :/

5. MorganaLeFey

MorganaLeFey Guest

In Napa, Iakas says that he has nothing for me at this time. Also, I went to Jhelom to see if Lyla was there, she wasn't. I'm guessing she's either elsewhere or we'll just have to wait for the next fix?

6. Rotgut Willy

Rotgut Willy Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Lyla is there. I saw you in Jhelom looking at the same time I was. :) Look at the northwest docks on the main island. (Not the southern docks.)

7. MorganaLeFey

MorganaLeFey Guest

Nevermind, I found her. Evidently I "flew" right past her. I feel like such a newb. :p

8. ^Wolfie^

^Wolfie^ Visitor

I Found Lyla and she gave me a quest. I have 3 basins in my pack I have to dye with the slimes. Now to even try and find the slimes.. blahhh!

I talked to Lyla again and she referred me to other "adventurers" around me to assist me.

This was the original thread for the asian slime event:

http://vboards.stratics.com/showthread.php?p=68218#post68218

9. Leanan Sidhe

Leanan Sidhe Guest

Do the slimes have to be a certain type? Or will the ones in Fire dungeon work ok?

10. Tina Small

Tina Small Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran 4H

Not sure what all I'm getting into here, but for the benefit of anyone else that hasn't started it yet, here's what Lyla the Researcher has to say:

Pursuit

Oh, I beg your pardon! I am Lyla, assistant to the Zoologist Iakas. I'm searching for samples from the gelatinous family of slimes -- such an amazing species! -- for him. They have some monetary value as well, as they excrete a pigment that can be used as a dye. Yet I can't even seem to catch one! They're moving so...well, I've never seen anything like it. If you think you can do better, would you collect three samples and deliver them to Iakas as [sic] the Royal Britannian Zoo? Use these basins -- they can hold the slime safely.

If you accept the quest, the objective is to "use the slimes to dye three specimen basins" and the reward is "a Token of the Zoologists' Gratitude." You receive three white blessed "Specimen Basins."

If you go back to Lyla and click on her without doing something with the basins, she says, "If you have any trouble finding it, ask other adventurers around you and I am sure someone will aid you."

If you click on Iakas without completing the quest, he says, "Oh, you're collecting the samples for Lyla? Do you have three?" If you press Continue at that point, you get a message that you do not have everything you need and have x number of items but require 3.