1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

ICQ and Stratics Integration?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Gamer_Goblin, Oct 27, 2015.

1. Gamer_Goblin

Did I just get really popular all of a sudden or did Stratics/ICQ integrate? I opened ICQ to about 45 suggested contacts and they all appear to be UO players. I mean I recognize Whiterabbit's avatar and a lot are fantasy oriented. Another clue that they are Stratics users is that there aren't any hot girls.

LOL I KID! But seriously what's the deal?

2. Captn Norrington

Captn Norrington Trade Forum Administrator
    Moderator Professional Campaign Supporter

That sounds more like ICQ is doing it by itself. It searches the contact lists of anyone you have added, and randomly suggests people to you based on how often you talk to the person it searched and how many mutual contacts you have. So, if you talk to UO players a lot it will notice that and will suggest people that the other person talks to a lot, which is other UO players usually.

3. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

I can tell you that Stratics and ICQ Didn't integrate, even if it was an option, which it isn't, I would be screaming at the Boss not to do it. ICQ's parent company is based out of country which is notorious for cyber criminals. I wouldn't want our community put into a situation where there is an increased chance for it being compromised.

I have a feeling Norrington's explanation is accurate though, and honestly I'm not fond of that tactic either which is why I limit my activity on social networks (they all do it too).

4. Arroth Thaiel

Arroth Thaiel Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

You must be loving all the new "helpful" tracking metrics in Windows 10 eh?o_O

5. Nexus

Nexus Site Support
    Administrator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Patron

Meh, That's why I have the Pro Version, I can turn all the mess off :p

6. Parnoc

Parnoc Lore Master

There's sure one time this tracking metric would have been helpful had it been activated and just one passenger had their tablet or laptop in use. Malaysian Airlines MH370, we might have found out at least which way they went and a clue to the place where it went down (if it did).

7. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot

Sure about that? I had a graphics program that gave me the option to turn off it's babbling with the manufacturer's website, turning it off only changed the menu listing to showing off, didn't affect the babbling to the website at all.

And anything you can turn off in software can be turned back on by software without your knowledge.

8. Dot_Warner

Dot_Warner Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran Britain [BRIT]

When you live under a government as backwards stupid psychotic evil socially repressive as theirs, not sure I can blame them... :oops: