1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

ICQ Hacked!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'UO Europa' started by Argantes, Jul 25, 2009.

1. Argantes

Argantes Guest

Hi,
    for anyone who knows me, ive uninstalled icq and will no longer use it. I have been made aware that someone has been using my icq account and asking people for account details. Anyone who knows me in ultima I'm sure would confirm I have never asked for their account details and never will, so please be careful and aware that any future messages from my icq number are not me! Username was argantes - 249621266

thanks

2. cheerful

cheerful Guest

It was always my understanding that people could only get access to your icq account if you accepted a file download from them and that 'normal' chat use of icq was safe.
    Is this still true?

3. Argantes

Argantes Guest

i have no idea how this has happened, but there is a topic ongoing about this on uhall. seems one person so far has given out details. :(

4. Divster

Divster Guest

I got a question from you yesterday asking for a new suit for a new char which i found kinda amusing hehe silly human!

5. Escaflowne

Escaflowne Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

I got an ICQ from the hacker on Friday saying "Can i log on your mage later if your not busy" etc. Didn't hand him over anything though, i just barraged him with a ton of questions and he signed off eventually when he couldn't answer them.

6. Tia

Tia Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

So far ive had message`s from

Argantas account
    OMG ITS CHAZ
    Multi Dwagon

all asking if i still play uo... if they can log my account...use my mage.. seems quiet a few ppl have been hacked

7. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I'm on Argantes contact list, and I had an enforced upgrade, which I refused to install when it popped up in what looked like arabic. I won't be using ICQ again, folks can find me in game, either personally or via any member of my guild or via PM here or my own message board. As for the hacker; well, all I gotta say to him is 'may the fleas of a thousand camels infest your bum and your arms fall off'.

8. Hi, I just had the following pop up as well

Argantes ‎(11:15 AM):
    hey emily
    can i get on ur account

Seems this 11 year old thinks its funny to do stuff like this. As if I'd place any personal details on ICQ about me or even use the same email details etc. Some people are so .... lame.

Never mind, you go back to school soon. Maybe that will keep you amused.

Melissa

9. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

it has been discovered how this person is accessing people's icq accounts. If an apparent 'friend' on your list gets chatty about stuff you don't normally discuss with them, be suspicious, he is attempting to get people to give him the answer to their icq security question.

10. Escaflowne

Escaflowne Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

God and i can't remember mine either its been so long lol :p