1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

ICQ Hacked

Discussion in 'UO Rares Collector' started by Guest, Nov 7, 2007.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

Since I had several other rares dealers on my ICQ, posting this here.

Not sure how, but as it states above. I have exhausted my methods of trying to get it back under my control. Yes, have multiple firewalls and virus protection.

If you get any messages asking you to do anything, borrow anything, links or whatever... it is NOT me. Please spread the word to help keep those in this community safe. Thank you.

2. Ryna

Ryna Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

:c(

I'm sorry! That's terrible.

3. Tomas_Bryce

Tomas_Bryce Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
    Stratics Veteran

I just got some strange uo site link from the last person I would expect to spam that. I am afraid he mustve gotten his icq hacked too.

Repeat with me: Don't go to any sites you have not heard about before.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

Assia, how old is your ICQ number?

My original ICQ number, 6840996, was originally linked to a very very old hotmail username before hotmail made it to hwere you can't register a username that went inactive. An unscrupulous individual created the hotmail account (it had been inactive for many years) and used that method to steal my ICQ # to get a password sent to them >.<

5. Basara

Basara UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter

Also, if you are using ICQ Pro 2003, get rid of it. IT was the "full-featured" version contemporary with ICQLite 4. Those older versions of ICQ (especially Pro 2003) has P2P elements in them that were easily hackable.

If you use ICQ, to be much safer, you really need to be using a modern version (I think the current version is 6.something). The more easily hackable elements were removed with ICQ 5 and the discontinuation of 2003 (Which I think you can still download, but it is heavily flagged as being non-supported software).

6. Nails Warstein

Nails Warstein Rares Festival Silent Auctioneer
    Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Campaign Patron Ultima Broker

<blockquote><hr>

Since I had several other rares dealers on my ICQ, posting this here.

Not sure how, but as it states above. I have exhausted my methods of trying to get it back under my control. Yes, have multiple firewalls and virus protection.

If you get any messages asking you to do anything, borrow anything, links or whatever... it is NOT me. Please spread the word to help keep those in this community safe. Thank you.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was asked to visit this site by you last night, but fortunately I didn't, cause you wouldn't respond to me afterwards. So everyone don't click or copy/paste this link, but perhaps find out who owns it and shut them down.

http://ultima-traders.t35 dot com

7. Guest

Guest Guest

I've been using this messaging client for years now so I'd suggest everyone look into using it. It's alot safer than ICQ and you can use aim,yahoo,msn,icq from the same client and share the same buddy list window etc.

www.trillian.cc

You can download trillian basic for free or pay or find the pro version yourself. Customizable skins with the features of every chat program for the most part.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

since the first part is a subdomain i looked up the last part.

WHOIS Underlying Registry Data:

=-=-=-=
    Visit AboutUs.org for more information about t35.com
    AboutUs: t35.com

Registration Service Provided By: NameCheap.com

Domain name: t35.com

Registrant Contact:
    WhoisGuard
    WhoisGuard Protected ([email protected])
    +1.6613102107
    Fax: +1.6613102107
    8939 S. Sepulveda Blvd. #110 - 732
    Westchester, CA 90045
    US

Administrative Contact:
    WhoisGuard
    +1.6613102107
    Westchester, CA 90045
    US

Technical Contact:
    WhoisGuard
    +1.6613102107
    Westchester, CA 90045
    US

Name Servers:
    NS1.T35.NET
    NS2.T35.NET

Creation date: 30 Mar 1999 00:00:00
    Expiration date: 30 Mar 2012 00:00:00

When you go to t35.com you get the following:

Welcome to T35 Hosting - Free Web Hosting with PHP

Free website hosting allows you to instantly store your web page to be seen by billions of people around the world! T35 Hosting is one of the nation's leading free web hosting providers and has hosted millions of web pages since it was launched in 1997.

T35 Hosting is also proud to be the only free hosting provider that has always offered services with unlimited web space and unlimited transfer. This is accomplished by placing small ads on free hosting sites --- the more space and bandwidth you use, the more the ads get served! When you're ready for ad-free paid hosting, T35 offers two great packages with features such as mysql, unrestricted php, email, and an advanced control panel provided by cpanel.

What are you waiting for? Sign up now for our free hosting plan and start using your free web space!

So it's a subdomain. Report it to the company that gives them free web space. I will be when I get home after appts.

9. Ryna

Ryna Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Trillian is much better than ICQ itself... not only for the security reasons but because you can also connect to irc, aim, yahoo, and msn - multiple names at the same time as well.

&lt;/plug&gt;

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Thanks everyone for your advice and support.

ICQ number is pretty darn old. It is the ICQ I have been using for many years, including my days when I used to broker under Centurio and De. Its connected to my email on my private server, so not sure how they got it and didn't find any "password retrievals" in my email so obviously it was a direct grab.

Obviously, I got something from something, but I'm really careful about surfing and such. To be honest, I would have much rather them perhaps hacked my accts (which so far appear safe) than my ICQ. Rather lose a billion+ gold than have people at risk over trusting my reputation and getting hurt from it.

My McAfee is updated regularly and scans and obviously didn't catch this, nor did anything ask to "access" the internet through my firewall.. Even after it happened, didn't get anything showing up, but obviously it has to be there. Trying my other scanners and we'll see how it goes. I might do a wipe if nothing brings it up as I'm paranoid about stuff like this.

11. Ryna

Ryna Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Perhaps it was just pure brute force?

I'm not sure if ICQ has a failed sign in limit or not...

12. Guest

Guest Guest

It does

13. Guest

Guest Guest

I woke up to an icq letting me know another person on LS was hacked yesterday....this has really begun to get out of control!

14. Ryna

Ryna Sage
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I had to move a post (and a few attached) that had the site linked.

If you get a site from the sub-domain "ultima-traders" at "t35.com", don't go to it.

It attempts to install a "flash plug in" .exe file that isn't.

15. Guest

Guest Guest

I'm going to be sending a formal email to the free site company about the subdomain and the malicious ware it has on it, as it's against their Terms and Conditions.

• About Us

Stratics is the oldest continually running MMORPG Fansite on the Internet. Founded in 1997 Stratics has served the Ultima Online Community for 18 years. We strive to provide the most complete social experience for Ultima Online players.
  • Subscribe Now!

Want to provide Continual Support? Subscribe and gain additional benefits as a patron of Stratics.com!
    Subscribe Now!

Stratics Professional Accounts feature the following advantages:

• Ad-Free Browsing of our Forums
    • Upload a custom Profile Cover
    • Unlimited media upload storage space
    • Use of the theme styler
    • Ability to collapse the sidebar
    • Premium background themes to choose from
    • Access to additional features of the Classifieds System
    • Ability to Customize Your User Title
    • No Post Delays
    • Additional Signature Allowances:
    • Special Professional Banner Display with your Account
    • PM Allowance Upgrade
    • Additional Thread Allowances
  • Support Us!

Don't feel like subscribing? Donations to benefit the further development of Stratics and for purchase and inclusion of additional features are always welcome.

Donate to us!