1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Discussion in 'UO Pacific' started by TeslaTyson, Jul 19, 2011.

1. TeslaTyson

TeslaTyson Adventurer

Jun 23, 2011
    Man, I get SO MUCH spam on ICQ... Makes me not even wanna log on. How can I get rid of this. I get the "Uh OH" every 2 mins it seems.
  2. Destiny<3

Destiny<3 Guest

You can change your privacy settings to where only people on your list can contact you.
  3. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Sadly, that hasn't seemed to work in the last 4 or 5 upgrade versions of ICQ. I really wish it did!
  4. Destiny<3

Destiny<3 Guest

Oh thats too bad, I use a universal chat program called Pidgin and it works for me hehe :)
  5. Black Sun

Black Sun Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

Mar 19, 2003
    I used to have the same problem with ICQ. I switched to Trillian and it solved the problem. Plus it allows you to condense other IM services (Yahoo, AIM, MSN, etc.) into one client.
  6. Pink Floyd

Pink Floyd Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Jun 9, 2008
    Pidgin is like trillian minus the high resource usage and frequent crashes.