1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Id like to build A PvP characture and find a guild.

Discussion in 'UO Sonoma' started by Guest, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

For fun. What else.

Id like to build PvP characture. Equip him or her the old fashion way from my humble earnings as a merchant.

I dont know which guild to choose. That will come later.

Looking for specific template advice, including the 120's. Which obviously I cant afford. But I have to get to 100 first anyway.

So where do I start. Ill train up and build and look for a guild later on SONOMA.

Help? Thanks.
  2. Hi, Welcome to Sonoma and Welcome to the most diverse PvP Shard in UO. Sonoma packs all sort of PvP guilds and all matter of PvP Templates. Many people will suggest one template or another. I'll just go over a few things and these kind of reflect my personal conclusions others may say otherwise.

Mage Templates - If you want to be known by reputation this is probably the ticket. Mage templates are challenging to run. It takes timing, skill, memorization and experience. Since the last Publish gearing up a PvP mage is now more affordable and within everyone grasp with the changes in doom.

Warrior template - Chasing down and killing an enemy takes a bit of pac man skill to boot besides macros.

Archer Templates - umm.. can be effective, but takes less skill. I'd say go with a Mage and have fun..
  3. Warlock\P/

Warlock\P/ Guest

Dexxer or Mage?

personally i think DP is the the most effective Dexxer wise

120 fencing
    120 resist
    100 anat
    100 healing
    100 poison
    90 tactics
    65 chiv
    rest in med maybe for extra bit of regen

very effective versus necro mages, which is the majority now
    pretty good against archers, less so against other melee since alot have parry

Mage wise its-

105 necro(kinda useless past 105 imo)
    120 spirit speak
    120 resist
    120 magery
    120 eval
    120 med

hard/expensive to fit DCI or be able to chug potions with this so youre very susceptible to dexxers. smart ones can always disarm you. good against other mages and alot of utility with forms and unique spells

or my favorite-

120 magery
    120 eval
    120 resist
    120 med
    120 wrestle
    100 scribe

very defensive template, easier to reach 45 dci cap with this temp, and leaves a free hand to drink potions. does very well against dexers

not so well against other necro mages, as strangle will shut down your offensive power alot

still overall my favorite as i think it has no glaring weaknesses

there are too many diff combinations to list, these seem like the standard, in my opinion anyway.

good luck!