1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

I'd like to go test the petball changes on TC but there are no petballs on TC?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by imported_MoonglowMerchant, Mar 20, 2008.

1. How am I supposed to test this?

2. Jeremy,

You are checking on this right? How long does it take to find an answer?

3. Guest

Guest Guest

I was on test a short while. As I believe someone(a gm/dev) was putting them on the ground at Brit bank. Dunno if this was automated but I don't believe it was. Would be nice if they could just take the code used for the thorny briar in the weald and use that to keep one spawning somewhere.

4. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I was on test a short while. As I believe someone(a gm/dev) was putting them on the ground at Brit bank. Dunno if this was automated but I don't believe it was. Would be nice if they could just take the code used for the thorny briar in the weald and use that to keep one spawning somewhere.

[/ QUOTE ]

I been to the brit bank several times on test looking for anyone knowing about the pet balls. Went and tamed a nightmare in malas and got it bonded so I could test this.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Well, I was on Test when the GM/Dev was there announcing the changes on broadcast chat, and several times said was dropping the pet balls for us, and asked if everyone received one. I was in the middle of customizing a house at the time, and didn't go get one. That was sometime in the afternoon EST. I was on Test a LOT yesterday throughout the day, but not in the evening. After that one time, I heard no more mention of pet balls being left for players to pick up. I did log out restarted the client, and logged in again to make sure I wasn't missing a patch, but other than a gift box showing Megacliloc errors in my pack, there was nothing different.

-Skylark

6. Guest

Guest Guest

well I am baby sitting my grandson, his mom is at work and I cannot sit at the PC waiting for a pet ball to drop in my pack

7. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

well I am baby sitting my grandson, his mom is at work and I cannot sit at the PC waiting for a pet ball to drop in my pack

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL...I wasn't suggesting that the distribution method was effective, just that my observation was that it was not an automated process as someone wondered, and we all hoped. All I could say is that they did leave pet balls on Test Center, but it was apparently a one time deal when that EA/Mythic staff member was there sprinkling them around. If you were there and went to get one, you could. [​IMG]

-Skylark

8. Guest

Guest Guest

Maybe I am just being stupid here ... but why not take your newly boded pet to the ant caves and GET a ball off a matriarch??

9. I'm not going to do that and I'd be happy to tell you why.

1. I think this design for petballs is flawed, I've made it clear what I think the flaw is, and I've offered alternatives that are not part of the current design.

2. I pointed out several days before the publish that petballs would be needed to test the changes.

3. If EA wants me to be a QA, then they can pay me. I'll work part time from home. Since they don't pay, and want me to do it for free, then the least they can do is put a freaking petball with unlimited charges in my bank box.

4. I'm not going to go out and run bod's on TC to test the runic kit changes. I'm not going to train magery from zero to test the archcure changes and I'm not going to go farm freaking solens for hours just to confirm a bad design after I've already explained the problem.

Now, if they want to give me a petball, I'll go there and briefly confirm what I already know to be true, but they don't possess the gumption to do that.

They would rather go live with the changes and create another imbalance that will be added to the list of things that could have been avoided if due diligence had been done.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

What's the flaw?
    I don't fancy trawling the giant thread it'll make me question my sanity I'm sure.

11. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

What's the flaw?
    I don't fancy trawling the giant thread it'll make me question my sanity I'm sure.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well for one thing we have no idea if there is a flaw till we can check ourself, look at the thread on test about bonded pets vanishing when they had died, that is a main concern for me as I have had some of my "pets" for a very long time and I don't wish to lose them to some bug with bonding and coming back as a ghost to be res. This was found by a player, not an employee of EA on TC and I sure like to check pet balls before this goes live on my home shard.

As it is I had to run all over to get the mare I tame today to test this, and I am not up to running all over to places to kill stuff to get a ball off some ant in some ant hole I don't have a rune to. I asked for pet balls to be placed in our bank boxes on test and was told that was a good idea. Its seem a good idea was as far as it got.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

Well I got a WW now on TC, just wish we had pet balls in the bank?

13. BajaElladan

BajaElladan Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I write mainly to address the "bonded pets vanishing" issue.

My bonded Greater Dragon, one of the finest on all of Baja, was linked with a pet summon globe. In combat in Destard, I lost conn and was killed. However, my dragon was apparently auto-stabled. Once rezz'd, I recalled to a stable. I logged out and back in and my Dragon was beside me. I fed him, and stabled him. I helped a few others tame some Greater's before I finally logged off from my house. The next morning when I went to fetch this Greater from my stables...It Was NOT There!!!

Panicked, I called a GuildMate and explained the situation. Together we back-tracked my actions of the previous night. On the Upper Level of Destard along the Western Wall, I found my Greater, alive and WILD. I re-tamed him and thankfully he has again bonded.

This MAY (capitalized for emphasis) be linked to the pet summon ball "problems."

I am truly lucky, and thankful my Greater didn't die while wild, and was not tamed by another.

Beware Folks!

14. Guest

Guest Guest

Eledain,

The petball changes are only on Test Center right now. What you are describing is something totally different. Did you submit a bug report? I know it doesn't seem anything ever comes of those, but we should at least file them through the "proper" channels as a start.

-Skylark

15. Guest

Guest Guest

i had the exact same thing happen ages ago with my old as the shard ww, only mine went wild at luna, thankfully a friend of mine recognised the name and re tamed him for me and gave him back to me the next day. still have never figured out the problem.

16. Right then.

So, these petball changes are going to hit production shards next week completely untested.

Fantastic.

17. Guest

Guest Guest

TC should be updated this afternoon with a bunch of stuff, including yanking the archcure change (more in the FoF on this,) petballs and some other goodies on TC bankboxes, and a few other bug fixes

18. Guest

Guest Guest

Sweet, thanks Jeremy. [​IMG]

19. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

TC should be updated this afternoon with a bunch of stuff, including yanking the archcure change (more in the FoF on this,) petballs and some other goodies on TC bankboxes, and a few other bug fixes

[/ QUOTE ]

Yay!

20. Otis Firefly

Otis Firefly Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

yanking the arch cure change??? NOOOO !!!...i just made my nox fencer!, * kidding*

21. Guest

Guest Guest

I guess to get a pet ball in my bank box I'd have to make a new char?

heh, and I just spent the last hour testing pet commands in the solen hive getting pet balls and powder too! [​IMG]

22. <blockquote><hr>

I guess to get a pet ball in my bank box I'd have to make a new char?

heh, and I just spent the last hour testing pet commands in the solen hive getting pet balls and powder too! [​IMG]

[/ QUOTE ]
    [​IMG]nope ... logged with an established char ... pouch in the bank box, Pb and powder .... mmmmm
    [​IMG]

23. Guest

Guest Guest

heh, seems like I'm destined to get my own.

I made a second char, opened her bank, found I got a bag with powder in, but no ball! [​IMG]

Not to worry, I have 3 balls and 200 powder I got myself.

24. I see what ya mean ...(cheers on being self-sufficient btw)
    saw the "powder only report" ... went and checked my other 4 chars ... yep![​IMG] 1 with only powder[​IMG]
    (edit: *Ahem!* 1 with only powder ... the REST had a full set ...pb and powder ... [​IMG])

hmmmm nooooo ...all had 200+ items IN the box before the spawning ...

*shrugs*
    go figure

(Thanks again for the catch on the bonded 1 death limit)

25. Guest

Guest Guest

ok since charactor already made are not getting pet balls on Test I went and made a new one and all I got were 100 translocation powders, no pet ball??????

There was no pet ball in my pack, nor in the bank box?????????????

All I want is a pet ball to test this that EA made changes to, what wrong with giving all char a pet ball in the bank with charges on it already like the rune books you pass out now?????

Dang it, I am not about to run to an ant hole here and hope to get a ball fighting queens on test center. I got better things to do on Sonoma.

26. Guest

Guest Guest

I chucked some of the junk out of my bank box this morning

and a bag with powder and ball appeared in it. Problem was caused by my having claimed artis as a quick way of dressing the char, no more room in the bank box.

Same with the new char, not enough room in the bank box for both items

As for being self sufficient, well I always like to kill more than one bird with a stone if I can manage it, I could test pet commands while fighting solen and get the balls at the same time.

27. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

I chucked some of the junk out of my bank box this morning

and a bag with powder and ball appeared in it. Problem was caused by my having claimed artis as a quick way of dressing the char, no more room in the bank box.

Same with the new char, not enough room in the bank box for both items

As for being self sufficient, well I always like to kill more than one bird with a stone if I can manage it, I could test pet commands while fighting solen and get the balls at the same time.

[/ QUOTE ]

ahh thanks for this informations, went to the bank and dropped some stuff.