1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Idea for a new gift

Discussion in 'UHall' started by RedRum, Dec 5, 2008.

1. RedRum

RedRum Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Now this would be pretty awesome for UO to offer a Christmas Mount of some sort (maybe Donner/Blitzen/Rudolph/??) that had:
    1.) Accessible pack while riding/mounted.
    2.) Could be on the same lines as a Charger and rideable by anyone.
    3.) When dismounted and its pack emptied you can double click it and have it go into your pack (like a boat).
    4.) Make it a reduced capacity (25 items and 500stones)
    5.) NON lootable and NON killable
    6.) However, once the rider/owner is dismounted or dead, a Thief can steal items if GM Snooping AND GM Stealing.
    7.) If, by chance, your character gets the RARE Rudolph, his nose lights your way like a torch or candle.

I got the idea from an email I got today from Age of Conan:
    "Purchase Age of Conan now and ride into battle in style on your free in-game Snow Mammoth!

To further aid you through the barbaric lands of Hyboria, you also get the Bag of the Mammoth Rider to increases your inventory slots. These items are available to all the characters you create."

2. Schuyler Bain

Schuyler Bain Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Sounds like a cool idea.

3. Littleblue

Littleblue Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

I'd love to have a 'Winter Steed'! An ethy horse, usable by any age, which looks like one of the current horse types, but hued a brilliant white.

Maybe another hue, silvery grey, for those of a darker persuasion.

The horse wouldn't have to have any special stats or anything. Just a fun mount for the festivities. :)

4. Divster

Divster Guest

non killable? no way, able to access its pack while mounted? no way. both of these features would be hugely unbalanced *shivers at the thought of someone running around with a rudolf mount*

5. RedRum

RedRum Sage
    Stratics Veteran

What is so "unbalanced" about these options when ANYONE can ride them? The option is there...you choose not to ride one, it's your choice. Balance for anyone that chooses it. Takes the "IMBALANCE" of things of late out of the Devs hands and puts it into the hands of the players. How the players chooses to adapt, overcome and capitalize on the option is left to each individual.
    **Also adds a bit of "Thief Love" allowing a thief to come in with their Snoop and Stealing skills to get some goodies.**

6. A pure white, or shadow black ethy horse with no age restrictions, would be cool by me. Given out by char karma.

7. Doireann

Doireann Guest

/signed. I'd love a winter horse. Maybe be festive and put a wreath around its neck?

8. Lady Arwen

Lady Arwen Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Wow that sounds like an awesome Idea. Id love a winter reindeer! :D

Btw, does anyone know when we get our Christmas gifts??

9. Hrmm but there should be some limit to them, or else the colours will burn ones eyes again, :|\

(I O U coal.... black card...
    Xmas North Pole...
    Santa stuff!!!
    Grinch stuff!!!) things i want :p

10. laurlo

laurlo Guest

sounds like an uber yet stealable ethy...

11. christy1221

christy1221 Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

/signed. I like it :thumbup:

12. RedRum

RedRum Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Since the "Season" is once again upon us and people are once again starting threads concerning "Christmas" or "Holiday" content, I figured I would kick a year old thread back up front for discussion once again.

13. How about a rideable ethy snowman?
    Bent over like a polar bear so we would sit on its back. Less animation art needed then.

And that magic hat he wares could cast spells.

Its not that I dont like the idea. Its just seems like a lot of work for a gift. Maybe as a 13th year reward.

14. Nastia Cross

Nastia Cross Guest

I wish they would bring back silver steeds...

15. edda

edda Guest

The ridable stuff is a wicked cool idea, but I think it would be a little elaborate for a holiday gift. I'd like a stuffed penguin! or an animated train for under the holiday trees we already have? Too bad stocking has been done, would be awesome as a cornucopia deal with a chance for semi-rare winter items.

16. Sweeney

Sweeney Guest

As someone who paid cash for a charger along with hundreds of other people.. a free mount that anyone could use would be spitting on us.

17. Yen Sid

Yen Sid Guest

Should have bought one with Gold like I did, then you wouldn't care :p

18. Stark_Atl

Stark_Atl Guest

It's a cool wish list for a mount, but it should stay just that.... a *wish* list.

Functionality aside, I'm not a ran of a reindeer mount either. Unless you could only use it when the holiday stuff was turned on. And even then, seeing a screen full of neon colored elves riding reindeer may send me into conniptions.

19. Miss Smoocher

Miss Smoocher Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

i think greeting cards we can give to friends on the hoildays would be great and maybe for rides magic carpets or maybe even a magic broom

20. KalVasTENKI

KalVasTENKI Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I think idea is pretty creative but ehhh....
    Specially on the part not being able to kill or loot.

6.5/10 :thumbup:

21. hen

hen Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Non Lootable and Non Killable? Non Thanks.

22. Fink

Fink Guest

Will this winter mount be deactivated when the season is over? Or will it only work on ice and snow?

Sounds a bit convoluted. How about just make it able to be snooped, robbed, killed and looted?

23. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

The penquin also doubles as a training dummy besides being deco. Wobbles about after being hit like one those punch bozo toys. Have it chuckle like lich at chipmunk speed while it rocks about. If anything moves near it the penquin breaks into some jingle till punched. And you thought the cat was annoying

24. Salya Sin

Salya Sin Guest

Ohhh... I second this!

As for a new statue mount... we have Chargers of the Fallen.. so it's definitely feasible... though I"m not sure the "access pack while mounted" part will go over. The only problem I see... is that they give rewards like that at the opening sale of new expansions... and well... they usually choose lesser gifts for Christmas.

On the other hand... I'd like a holiday mount (silver steed.. silver steed!) AND a token choice... advanced, transfer, name change... since we are wishing BIG..