1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

[Gardening] Idea for a new Vet Reward

Discussion in 'UO Botany and Nutrition' started by DHMagicMan_1, Sep 19, 2008.

1. DHMagicMan_1

DHMagicMan_1 Guest

Maybe a something between year 1 or 3 or something like that?

I posted this in another thread but thought I'd start a different Vet Reward Ideas thread...

I'd like the idea of a "Grow Box" or "Green House" as a Vet Reward... but hear me out... Holds no more than 12 or 24 plant at a time, you load it and hit start and you leave it alone through minimum of 2 down times... if it hasn't been long enough you get "It's not ready yet" and if it's been more than 3 down times you get "They've been neglected and died." but if you check it after either 2 or 3 down times you have 12 or 24 plants at stage 7 all Vibrant with random yellows for water, bugs and fungus... All plants loaded in Green House must be loaded with Fertile Dirt.

You wouldn't have to load it full if you don't want but you can't add or remove in the middle of the cycle.

2. Umfufu

Umfufu Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Apr 3, 2007
    My reply would be the same as also stated in the other thread:

3. Sorry but as much as I like the idea about a Green house box I don't like this part. I rather they came up with a seed bag.
  4. Beastmaster

Beastmaster Guest

A golden trowel that sets an appropriately aged plant to deco mode and adds a "grown by" tag to the plant. double click trowel, target plant, presto.

Possible addition, trowel could be charged by a runed switch and the charges could be used to dig fertile dirt from normal dirt areas. double click trowel, target dirt, 5 fertile dirt in backpack. (runed switches are a pain to make, hence 5 dirt, maybe even more)

Another possible use, trowel could be used to identify unknown seeds after they are put in bowls. double click trowel, target bowl with seed, plant type becomes known. (uses a charge if above addition used)

Several uses for a single reward that would surely be easy to code.