1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Idea for Resisting Spells skill

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Edmond_Dantes, Feb 19, 2010.

1. So.... Not to say that the way the magic resist skill is broken at the moment, but a way it could be made more akin to what it used to be;
    You could leave the way resisting spells effects paralyze, poison, curses, etc. or tweak it a little bit or even leave out, and in addition (or subtraction:)) to that, you could have different levels of resist add a different percentage based on the skill apply towards increasing your armor resist caps.

So for example, John Doe at 100.00 Resisting Spells, has his maximum resistances capped at 75 (or 80 if you want to push it), etc. etc.

Why not? :lol:

2. Well just from the standpoint of elemental resistance,you can get 75's in all elements with mystic/focus and armor. Why duplicate that with spell resist?

3. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

It would be nice if the resists you get from Resisting Spells would stack with armor you wear. That way resist is a bit more helpful other than just for poison, curse, vana vamp, and paralyze and whatever spells I forgot.

Edit: Or at lest give a benefit/bonus to the resists on armor by a different percent based on the level of the skill.

4. A Rev

A Rev Guest

Id like to see it be able to resist hit spells.

Say 35% at 120

17.5% @110

10% @ GM

0% at less than GM

5. or actually... to add on to the idea.

It would be cool if at different levels of resist it would unlock different "moves" similar to ninjitsu moves, where on top of some certain passive abilities, it would allow you to increase the resistance of certain types of spells much more greatly (like you could chose to have X% chance to resist a curse, or a flame attack)

anyways, yeah maybe one day, hah!

6. Alezi

Alezi Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

How 'bout resisting spells giving physical and elemental resistance?

+1 at GM
    +2 at 110
    +3 at Legendary

7. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

Just give resist spells a chance to resist a spell based on circle... so even at 120 a magic arrow can still hit you, and you can resist a FS. Something like...

1st - 40%
    2nd - 35%
    3rd - 30%
    4th - 25%
    5th - 15%

All non damage spells(para, MV, etc) work as they currently do with resist.

8. deraiky

deraiky Guest

You guys are obviously all playing nubo Archers or arent thinking about how it will affect PvP.

roflol

9. Evlar

Evlar Guest

By definition, you would expect "Resist Spells" to be more resistant to, let's say, projectile spells.

Therefore I vote that the skill be re-named to one of the following...

Partial Resist Spells
    Resist [some] Spells
    Curse Resist (Though this clearly won't deflect insults at the same time ;) )

10. LordDrago

LordDrago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Given that resist spells is not "broken" at the moment (i know, some will say it is and some will say it isn't). Can we at least agree that it is not "as broken" as some other aspects of the game? I would rather the devs spend some time fixing some "more broken" parts of the game before "fixing" resist spells.

11. LordDrago

LordDrago Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

Given that resist spells is not "broken" at the moment (i know, some will say it is and some will say it isn't). Can we at least agree that it is not "as broken" as some other aspects of the game? I would rather the devs spend some time fixing some "more broken" parts of the game before "fixing" resist spells.

12. Speedy Orkit

Speedy Orkit Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

I've played a mage about 12 out of my 13 years. My biggest problem with resist spells is that trapped boxes makes it kinda fubar.

13. Silverbird

Silverbird Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Hmmm ...

What about armour resists scaling with magic resist skill? For example at 100 magic resist 100% of your armours resist are applied to your char. (Caps at 70 each elemental resist stay) For players without mr skill not punishing too much the scaling should be something like 50%+mr/2.

14. Black Majick

Black Majick Certifiable

Hey..all of us mages get 2.5x the damage per spell then...honestly...the best thing they could do would be to give one point in all elemental resists per every 20 points invested.

20 = 1
    40 = 2
    60 = 3
    120 = 6

Honestly though..it works find just the way it is...if they do anything to resist they need to do work to magery spell damage...

15. Black Majick

Black Majick Certifiable

Necro mages make it essential for everyone to carry a tbox...prime example...

A guildmate and I were figthing 2v2 in t2a on Sonoma. I was on the dexer and was able to keep one archer busy while he EO/Para the other. He feilded. We both hit the free one to get him off me..I went up..disarmed the one in feilds and chain AIed the guy to death. We then did the exact same thing to the other one.

It is ******** yes. That is exactly why TBoxs are essential.

I would be all for making 1pt damage trapped pouches that you have to recast the spell on to make them work. You have a way to counter, but it can run out. Just like pots do...

Sleep spamming noobs make it essential ot have box now as well...

16. Risso

Risso Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

If you read the whole post instead of just taking one line out of context you would see he said HIT SPELLS not SPELLS - aren't hit spells what 'nubo archers' rely on? How it will affect PvP is that there will be less archers on the field..

17. Stupid Miner

Stupid Miner Guest

70% Elemental Resist is better thought of as 30% elemental vulnerability.
    Increasing resist by 5% decreases vulnerability to 25% which means you're being hit 1/6th less hard, or in other words a 16.6% Final damage reduction.

80% Resist would be a 33.3% damage reduction: 30 damage would be 20, and 60 would be 40.

If you can follow that, you'll see that this would be very overpowered.

... basically, a Sampire could take a nap while fighting most Peerless.