1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

idea for stealables...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by peanutbutter, Dec 12, 2008.

1. peanutbutter

peanutbutter Guest

make "flawed" doom artifacts spawn as stealables in all dungeons (even ML dungeons). (like, random 1 per dungeon per month or something)

they will be just like the originals, but be called "flawed" and they will be missing 1 to 2 aspects of the original.

for example, one might find a pair of inquisitor's with no fcr. or another pair with everything, BUT no resists at all.

or a taskmaster with no damage increase... or no hit poison area... or neither

an orni with no lrc

hey. it's something at least.

2. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

For whom?

3. Katlene

Katlene Guest

hrm, im sorry but id have to say that, that doesnt sound very good at all.
    :blushing:

4. Inspector

Inspector Guest

nah not a big fan of this idea, there are already an abundance of doom arties around there really is no need for "flawed" arties to be introduced.

5. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

not keen on this idea, though I wouldn't mind a few of the decorative items in the older dungeons becoming stealable.

I did stop very briefly to try to come up with an alternative. It's not very well thought out as yet but:

Looking in my char's bag she has. 4k gold - a thief can't steal that, it's too heavy.
    23 blank scrolls - likewise. 705 iron ingots - same again.

Suppose a new resource became available which, when used, allowed a thief to bypass the 10 stone limit either for a period of time, or just for one steal? It would allow him to steal an item or stack up to 50% of his available carrying capacity. So, using the char I happen to have logged in. She currently has 222 stones in her bag. She can carry a maximum of 491. So if she were stealing under the influence of this hypothetical new resource she could steal an item up to (491 - 222)*50% . 134 stones.

He wouldn't be able to split a stacked resource, all or nothing, if the stack is too heavy he can't take it.

6. peanutbutter

peanutbutter Guest

works for me. 10 stone limit is stupid anyway.

where would this resource or item come from? a scroll of some sort? a pendant with a self decay rate when worn?

** yeah, my idea wasn't the best. i was just thinking SOMETHING other than decorations. still can't believe they had no stealable weapins with SE **

7. Petra Fyde

Petra Fyde Peerless Chatterbox
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

I'm thinking more in terms of something like an arcane gem, tribal berry, bottle of elixir? one use, has to be replaced. They could be mid-level monster loot. They could be cultivated from plants, but I rather like the idea that they'd have to be stolen in their turn. Especially with 'stealing from monsters' making a return with this coming publish.
    Maybe from priest of Mondain? I'd say 'the thief guildmaster' but that might be too tricky because of guardzones.

8. Harb

Harb Guest

Oh I hope dev can do better than this, though I understand your frustration with no additions at all and the consequent desire for at least something. "Flawed" items would be even less desirable than "cursed" ones!

9. TheScoundrelRico

TheScoundrelRico Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend Secret Society

Hey folks, these are cute ideas, but to fix the thief profession, there is no need for new items. There are plenty of existing items to be stolen. The problem is insurance and blessings. Unbless or uninsure regular items...and we thieves would be happy. Or at least look at a system to limit the amount of items that can be blessed.

To the OP, this idea would be grand for those thieves who actually go out and steal from Doom, or out of crates in town. For PvP thieves, we want to be chased by players looking to regain their stolen items. More artifacts is not going to solve that issue.

Sorry for being a downer on this topic, but I wanted to give you an honest opinion from a thief...la