1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Greetings Guest! Tonights Maintenance is complete and the Stratics Community Wiki is now live. Please see this thread for more details.
    Dismiss Notice

Idea to change the way carpets work

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Kas Althume, Dec 19, 2010.

1. Kas Althume

Kas Althume Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Feb 25, 2004
    i sure do love the carpets that came with SA but there are 3 things i'd like to get changed.

(1) Each and every carpet tile has its own item handle when htting shift+strg. This makes it really hard to find items in your house.

(2) You cant drop items on the carpet via drag and drop. This makes decorating a pain in the butt.

(3) Of i release a carpet part by accident because of a lagging cursor (misplaced double click). Those parts decay ..

My idea:

Have gardeners or alchymists make some carpet glue. 1 bottle per carpet tile. When you use the glue on a carpet tile it becomes a solid item like the older carpets, can't be released with a double click and does not have its own item handle.

To release such a carpet tile you must use a carpet glue remover liquid to nullify the glue.

Please .. ;)
  2. Or perhaps a Tailor can sew the pieces together into one continuous piece. However it's done, I think it's a good idea.
  3. Cailleach

Cailleach Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

May 13, 2008
    I think the sewing together would be best.

Another problem with carpet - working it round shapes. We laid a whole load in a friends house, but, where his stairs are, we had to leave the fringe off because there aren't the fringe corner pieces to accomodate L shapes. Can we have those added please? Or the ability to use a deco tool to turn the corner pieces through the full 360, that would probably do the job too.
  4. Mapper

Mapper Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

Oct 24, 2005
    They could simply make them deeds, That way they won't highlight (like bear rugs etc) you need to axe them (So won't accidently be released) and so you can place items on top of them. (Although the EC client lets you do this atm)
  5. Babble

Babble Guest

To 1 I am not sure that is easily solved - items which you can place and do not highlight have to be precompiled I think.

2 is sort of same as 1 I think

A solution might be to have a few hundred ready designs and put them in as graphics. or to just make a rug tiles as floor tiles