1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Idea to renew interest in the game

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Nicholi, May 17, 2008.

1. Nicholi

Nicholi Guest

Generally I give little thought to ways the game could be improved because I tend to enjoy playing so much...well.. I just ignore the annoying things and putter right along. Had been considering something the other day though that I thought was worth a post.

Seems like they could renew some interest for both existing and retired players if they offered up a free transfer token. A single one, per account, to transfer one character to another shard. I know there are people out there who'd like to move to a new shard but don't want to start over from scratch and don't exactly want to drop the money on a transfer. Could even be limited to veteran players with a certain number of years under their belt.

Anywho, just a thought. I've done my good deed and made my contribution and suggestion. I shall now return to farming paragons. *tips hat*

2. Coppelia

Coppelia Guest

That wouldn't renew my interrest at all.
    What would renew my interrest would be a dev team with arms, hands and fingers at the top of them. We'll see if the new dev team member can come up with something better than annoying real players because of bots, features to encourage botting and dungeons with high-end spawn at the entrance (which requires 120 skills when the skill cap stayed at 720).

3. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

Agreed, a free character X-Fer would mean jack squat to me and as stated in another thread allow yet more abuse of the X-Fer system (and really, hasn't it been abused enough?).

Enough with making transferring easier, let's get the dev team rebuilt and get thing moving again. At this time over the past three years (last year, a year before and even the year before then), UO was moving in better directions... that movement has been slowed. We need it back, and hopefully we're starting to get it.

4. packrat

packrat Guest

I agree. I have been playing for 88 straight months and transfer tokens would not do a single thing for me. I sold the transfer tokens i got before. I think if they had better GM service, instead of sending the same generic answers to every situation. And devs fixing problems instead of trying to add new things on top of the old broken things. This game would be way better and the older players would want to come back.
    The biggest gripe I hear from old players i still keep in touch with is, the GMs and Devs not listening to their customers.

5. FenrirsFangs

FenrirsFangs Guest

Unfortunatly Nich I have to agree with the others that transfer tokens arent a panacaeia for disinterest, (I know i misspelled that, grr.)
    The people that are screwing the economy in UO ARE veteran players, so limiting it to vets still helps the xfer token abusers.

I do think exploring the other shards would be fun and I don't relish the thought of starting a new character. so i understand that.

It's unfortunate that they dont have a technical means to quickly implement a BLACK GATE system so that you can just hop to another shard but you cant take any items with you. that would let us explore other shards but the technical difficulties on that are alot worse than one might think.

So i'm gonna have to go along with the whole we need better balanced content bandwagon for now.

6. Saris

Saris Guest

Point is economy is in the dump cuase its 11 years old and in UO time its what lol alot older, our "coin" is simply outdated by now.

I would have to say we need more support and content but not just new stuff, new stories, things that give our avatars a feeling of belonging somehow to this world..EM events would be a start, perhaps hire some pro dm's to flesh out a few things from time to time, who comes up wiht the stories and the events and even how npc's respond to us?

Some ppl would probly even work for free or for some kinda perks.

I took place in an event a long time ago and I solved some sort of puzzle, my client then black holed but the next day a GM rewarded me with an item and by telling me how it eneded.

maybey bring back the seer program?

Also meeting Lord British in game made it seem more real too, with an empty throne and no player chars alowed to vie for power, sosaria seems kinda hollow.

Most though finish SA and do it right, put in in stores and on a game mag or too.

7. Emil IsTemp

Emil IsTemp Guest

10 year veteran reward:

Blue counselor robe. No special effects or anything...

Just a friggin cool looking blue robe.. only wearable by 10+ year players who dont have stupid names.

8. EnigmaMaitreya

EnigmaMaitreya Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

They can focus on removing the antiquated and obsolete annoyances that cause new to, returning and probably numbeb 10 year vets that are no longer rellevant.

They can bring the 2D and KR client to a close OR bring the plus's (not graphical) parts of KR to 2D.

They can reword things so that people trying to get in the game are not totaly lost and confused as to what to do to simply get the correct account.

I can use my own experience on the last one. I mistakenly bought 2 new SE accounts, that had 45 days free on them. I came to trhe realization that I had made an error and tried to pay an additional $30 US to upgrade one account to and start a new account (forfieting one of the ones I had bought).

I could not upgrade because the sales system at uogamecodes.com would NOT sell me the account upgrade package until I had been in the game for 30 days. As it turns out the 30 days is NOT after activation, it as after the first billing cycle. So I ended up spending less money outside the EA structure to buy the 9TH Anniversary Edition and accomplish the same thing but i was required to WASTE 2 weeks of my play time to find out I needed to do that. Does it occur to EAM just how frustrating that procedure is? How if I had been choosing between UO and oh say WoW, I would have moved on?

9. ColterDC

ColterDC Visitor

I'm pretty sure they did give us a free transfer token a couple years ago.

It didn't seem to help :)

10. Surindur

Surindur Guest

Yeah.. renew my interest in UO by fixing all the old screwed up stuff before adding new and exciting screwed up stuff!

Oh.. and, Stop blocking my runes!!!