1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Idea: Wearable Backpack

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Rainfo X, Mar 18, 2010.

1. Rainfo X

Rainfo X Guest

I think that would be a cool addition. I wear a Quiver of Infinity for the bonuses, and somebody mistakenly thought I was an archer because of it, not a bard. It looks silly to wear when youre not an archer. However, a backpack would also have its uses, you could store a small amount of something that normally stays on your corpse like bandages or regs, and insure the backpack.

2. Fink

Fink Guest

Sporran. :thumbup1:

3. A Rev

A Rev Guest

Good idea, id like to see it carry the same properties as the quiver [5dci and lower weight] but i agree it would be cool.

Maybe could have a sword sheath as well...adds hci?

Just a few more back slot additions would be nice.

4. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Am I going loco, or way way way back, didn't models have backpacks? Maybe in Alpha? Yeah... check out the pics on this site. Hehe. Eh, I don't know.

Like A Rev says, A sword sheath would be cool, like maybe +5 HCI. I like that. I'm not sure about a bag. Hard thing would be making a sheath functional though, like maybe an equip/selection.

5. Warpig Inc

Warpig Inc Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

When fishing with something in hand and cast the item auto disarms and pole pops in hand. Could have a sheath with use item hotkey that auto disarms and pops that weapon in hand. Still waiting for the bolt thigh quiver.

And how bout a gem pouch for the apron slot. DC / Hotkey use item the pouch and target corpse and loots gems to the pouch. Could get additional use of coding and have a regeant pouch that has options table all/mage/necro/mystic. There is already coding for corpse looting and bagging. Just need artwork and a title.

6. Merion

Merion Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Good ideas all around!

Also, on those alpha screenshots I saw something cool:
    http://www.andrew.net/uol/images/uolauri2.jpg

I wonder why that never made it into the game. Looks like a very interesting spell - maybe for necros?

7. Rainfo X

Rainfo X Guest

Wow, it looks like they really did have backpack art on the models back then!
    Thanks for posting it.

8. Yalp

Yalp Guest

I'd just be happy if Gargs could wear a quiver!

9. We should have craftable backpacks that can be imbued with many properties. They should also be dyable to any color in the game.

10. Guido_LS

Guido_LS Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Sarcasm doesn't become you :)

11. Jhym

Jhym Guest

I think only people who have the camping skills should be able to make and use backpacks.

:stir:

12. Awww...I thought it might...I am a b**** after all. Oh well... :lol:

13. Fink

Fink Guest

I wonder how many people ragequit when those graphics were updated to what we now term "Classic". It's just not UO, maaaan! Revert! Revert! 2D is too modern! Sell-outs!

14. Interesting, this is my first time learning this term:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=ragequit

Yet it leads me to ask, who is the person that is 'ragequitting'? The person that has no clue what 'ragequit' means, or the person that uses it to describe those that have no idea what it means, but has some issue with the game?

15. Fink

Fink Guest

It also extends to people who leave a game or situation permanently based on some change or perceived change to the status quo they don't like, as long as it's coupled with or motivated by an intense dissatisfaction or dysphoria; basically an enormous or unfathomable overreaction.

16. Yep.

But, some of us dysphoric types remain...and are vocal.

17. I'd love it even if it was just a graphic option, maybe an over the shoulder satchel as well, would fit some of my quasi-role playing characters well.

18. Oooh...a purse! Sweet!

19. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Not sure many people quit between alpha and beta, but perhaps, hehe :).