1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Ideas for pardons

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Viper09, Jul 23, 2010.

1. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Since everyone seems to want to argue over pardons it seems ideas that are proposed for them get drowned in the arguments. So lets post some ideas that make pardons less straight forward than just removing one count.

One such idea I read was that if you murder someone after using a pardon the counts that were removed, be them 1 or 2, are brought back in addition to the murder count you just acquired.

Or perhaps you cannot use a pardon within X hours of a murder and/or you cannot remove Y counts within a certain time period.

Please, leave arguments in the other threads and no trolling. Just ideas here.

2. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I think its fine as is. People are blowing the impact these items have WAY out of proportion.

3. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

True that. But ideas are fun and perhaps there can be a understanding between both groups if certain limitations can be applied to them.

4. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Hmm.

Spawn on, say, 1 in 10 or 1 in 20 level 6 t-maps. (Based on my guildmate's tests it's more like 1 in 4 or 1 in 3 or so.)

(Or, put them on the same loot table as the Brittle Artifacts. So, say, you could get one of those shields, or a pardon.)

and/or

Limit their use to a certain number per week?

Five, say?

This is really all I've ever said; that they appear to spawn too often. I could find some excellent arguments against their existence, but I'm not voicing those, I'm restricting myself to saying they spawn too often.

*shrugs*

-Galen's player

5. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Not sure if they spawn in other levels, but they should be restricted to at most levels 5 and 6.

6. GalenKnighthawke

GalenKnighthawke Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Well, yes, that should just be a given.

Level 6.

And by the way, level 6 maps are not hard to get. Easiest, or at least most reliable, way would be Miasma chests.

-Galen's player

7. I'm someone that will likely be a user of these pardons, and I would support a reduction in the drop rate, and or limiting use to 5 per week as suggested. I'm part of a champ spawn guild and from time to time we have to fight off raiders. Sometimes, you'll get raided by a group with multiple blues, and they'll just rez and keep coming back so it can be difficult to avoid getting 2-3 counts in a situation like this. The worst are the faction guilds that raid with reds and blues, who get all the benefits of faction arties, auto-rez warhorses, etc., and I still have to take a count for killing them?

So yeah, it would be nice not to have to sit in the corner for 40 hours (which in reality is about 5 days unless you like leaving your computer on all day and night). I could foresee using maybe 1-2 pardons a month for my situation.