1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Ideas needed on recreating this tree

Discussion in 'UO Homes and Castles' started by Falon of Eldor, Nov 29, 2011.

1. Falon of Eldor

Stratics Veteran

Help!

I found this great design and need to replicate it but I am stuck.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

(I thought I already posted this request...but don't see it... do do doo dooo)

[​IMG]

2. Tazar

Tazar Guest

To me, it looks like a single pole from the house design menu as the trunk, then they used short hedges to build the green portions of the tree and covered each with a snowdrop for the color/texture. Deco with gold boxes, candles, etc.

It probably took a lot of ladder/goza work to build it.

3. Falon of Eldor

Stratics Veteran

Hmmmmmmmmm...Hedges! I hadn't thought of that! Thank you!

*runs off to try*

4. EvilPixieWorks

EvilPixieWorks Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Besides the clear idea that it involves our old friend the gaza mat... and deeded ladders, used as CASTLE size... I'd really love to see a non-lit picture of this one to be able to give an idea how to build it.

There are little extra tricks to make levels of decor that are not attached to something like this, like putting candles a full space in front, but it looks like it's part of the design. Or garland. Or big gems for decorations. I'd also use junipers, not hedges... not even being able to see a clear image.

Still... in all honesty, understanding things like this... its really best to do something a little more within your own unique style, not copy someone else's work.

5. Herman

Herman Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

It is a bit hard to see but to me it look like green champion flowers not hedges

6. Damia TMC

Damia TMC Sage
    Stratics Veteran

yes that's bright green campion flowers you're absolutely right

7. Tazar

Tazar Guest

Maybe Campions over Hedges? there is a very block shaped pyramid to the design that really looks like short hedges to me.