1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Identical names

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Wolfways, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Wolfways

Wolfways Guest

I made a character and set up a basic UI layout, then made another character with an identical name and he shared the same layout and macro's as the first one. I made a third character with the same name followed by a full stop, but again he shared the others layout and macros.

Is there any way to have two or more characters on the same account with the same (or nearly identical) without sharing the UI?

2. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

If they are one the same shard I don't believe so.

3. Wolfways

Wolfways Guest

There goes that idea :(

Thanks for the reply

4. Viper09

Viper09 Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

There might be a way to do it with UOA but since I don't use UOA I wouldn't know.

5. Wolfways

Wolfways Guest

I haven't used UOassist since 3D, but only play the EC now anyway.

6. Tazar

Tazar Guest

I have multiple same-named characters so I ended up creating a universal setup that works no matter the template. It's still a pain though... how hard would it be to tag the macro file by character slot number instead of name?

7. Fink

Fink Guest

I remember a guy who had 5 characters named the same. He'd replace the character files using a DOS batch file before logging in. Maybe someone here savvy with such things could write one for you.

8. Wolfways

Wolfways Guest

Thanks but technology and me have an agreement. I don't mess with it and it doesn't break....mostly :p

9. BartofCats

BartofCats Guest

you can do it simple by making charA screen the way you want it, save it and then go into the character file and copy the file to somewhere you will find it later. Setup your charB screen and copy the same character file to somewhere you will find it. Before you start up, determine which char. you want to use and copy their file into the character file for the game and your ok to go. I found this route so much of a pain in the arse that I ended up deleting the char with the other name.

10. Zayin666

Zayin666 Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Making a batch file that copies the files are not that difficult... do something like this:

Make the individual setups as mention in the thread. Copy each setup to its own folder. Now make as many batchs files as you have samenamed chars. A batch file could look like this:

Code:
    DELETE c:\users\yourname\My Documents\EA Games\UO SA\User Data\Accountname\Shardname\charname
    COPY c:\mychars\char1\charname c:\users\yourname\My Documents\EA Games\UO SA\User Data\Accountname\Shardname\
    c:\gamefolder\UOpatch.exe

What the above will do is:
    1. Delete current charfile
    2. copy the wanted charfile into the right place
    3. Launch UO

The above file paths are the ones that the SAEC client makes, I dont know if these applies to the classic client aswell, but the principal is the same.