1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

IDOC Changes?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by DVDA, May 3, 2009.

1. DVDA

DVDA Guest

I was informed that IDOCs have been changed....

No longer when a house falls the scripters instantly place, there is now a 1 hour delay...is this true?

If so what purpuse does this serve? If people are scripting they will be able to place 1 hour and 1 second from the drop...

Also does anyone have the official release link to these changes?

2. UltimatePower

UltimatePower Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

There is a delay to place, it can be anywhere from 5 minutes to 4 hours or something like that. Also if you try to place too many times too fast, it locks your housing tool, and you have to let it cool down before trying to place again.

3. DVDA

DVDA Guest

I still think this is more benefitical for scripters cause they have 4 hours to kill since they arent even there...

Why not make it so once you place you have to type in a code that appears on your screen?

Example:

You have placed a house please type "x72ns02ne9k" to confirm, you have 5 minutes to comfirm

4. miss uo

miss uo Guest

I guess you missed the part about the cool down period on the house placement tool. If you click the tool too many times in a given period, your tool will be locked for a period of time.

5. DVDA

DVDA Guest

Cant the scripters use more then 1 tool?

If so then they fill their bag no biggy...if not scripters use multiple accounts (mostly free ones)

They can script with one for how long it you can before getting locked then move to next one

6. Demonous

Demonous Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

the tool regardless of how many u have is character based so if u burn out a tool u cant use any for like 15 minutes, also trial accounts can't place houses anymore

7. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

Dont believe is a tool lock it's a account or character lock on the tool. So it's now useless to use unattended scripts, to place a home not to mention useless to try to place a home when house collapse as well useless with trial accounts. Lets add in all the available house spots that every shard has and well let's just put this way it's useless to bother.

8. PlayerSkillFTW

PlayerSkillFTW Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Nowadays, placing houses at an IDOC is basically just getting lucky, considering the lockout period on House Placing Tools. I used to IDOC ALOT back in the day when we still had House Deeds, back before Scripters took over the IDOC market.

9. DVDA

DVDA Guest

So what happens when a Luna (inside walls) house falls? Chaos? people go give it 15 tries then give up

So the person who wins is kinda like King Arthur (Sword and Stone)

10. UOKaiser

UOKaiser Guest

In the very very and I mean very rare occation a house fall in luna then you will have a multiple of people perhaps the whole shard,people taking of work, neglecting there wives, kids, school,court day and the swat team knocking down there door in a nice bloody raid standing around for maybe 5 hours after it falls trying to not lock out there tool and may the luck goes to that lucky fellow sadly real life conciquences might be worst :)

11. DVDA

DVDA Guest

So does that mean no more barrel hell?

12. IanJames

IanJames Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

correct, barrels will no longer block house placement

13. Zodia

Zodia Guest

No.
    I was trying to place a house recently in a tricky spot. I didn't know about this change, and after about 2 dozen attempts, it said "you must wait". You cannot use another tool. I had to wait like 4 hours.

14. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

Yah it's totally luck. Helps if there are less people there than you'd think there would be too.

BTW does anyone know how often you can use the tool till you get hit by the cooldown thing? I was doing like 8-10 seconds to be safe but I think I could step it up a little bit maybe...

15. THP

THP Stratics Legend

no more barrel hell true

alas if u got to a luna faller today u will be greeted with ''gating hell'' , casting gates stops placement, so u will see 2-3 peeps gating leaving a small placeable spot somewere in the middle..

also non moveable items stop placement so watch out for those!

16. Anakena

Anakena Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

It was implemented in order to enable people to safely resize their house plot, without being scared that a hidden scripter steals it. During that one hour delay, only the owner of the fallen house can place on that spot.

17. As said above you dont know when the timer will let you place a house so you just have to stand there and keep trying. However you do have to be careful how fast and often you click the houseplacement tool. I was trying to place a house and get it 18x18 and I didt know about that and i was just clicking normally trying to place it and got the 15 min timeout. So you have to do it pretty slowly. Its also very nice not to have people placing plots all over to just try to get the stuff that is in the house such as heavy chests ect.

18. Hanna

Hanna Guest

It was done not ony to stop script placers, but the placement delay was also to stop those script placers from scripting most of the idoc contents onto the plot.

19. THP

THP Stratics Legend

As they have basicly distroyed any reason to PVM, Quit UO 6-2-2008

Lol always makes me wonder why peeps who have jacked still read the boards?? weird and crazy...

Awesome pvm action lately ...great fights at the tram champs too with awesome replica rewards...and sots etc etc... keep up the good work

20. Sarsmi

Sarsmi Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

OK so seems like the 'get hot' timer is about 8 seconds or so. I was fine at 10 but when I'd start to go faster I'd get hit. The wait was hrm about an hour and a half I think?