1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

IDOC collapsing question

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Yadd of Legends, May 5, 2014.

1. Yadd of Legends

Yadd of Legends Certifiable
    Campaign Supporter

Riding around fel tonight, I ran across a bunch of boxes on the ground - my very first ever collapsed house. It was exciting going through all the stuff (and hoping nobody else came along) but also kind of sad seeing somebody's memories ending like that. I didn't get anything great but picked up some helpful supplies. The question: When a house collapses, how long does the stuff stay on the ground before disappearing - one day and gone the next morning?

2. Mandrake of DF

Mandrake of DF Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Few hrs, it decay in same rate as it does normally.

3. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

It's relative to the weight of the object but as a general rule most things last no more than 2 hours on the ground.

4. Yadd of Legends

Campaign Supporter

Thanks, I didn't know things disappeared so fast. Do the heavy things decay the fastest or the slowest?

5. Gidge

Gidge Sage
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend BoE

Not sure but a good idea is to pick up everything and set it back down to refresh the decay timer. Things will poof out of the container first then the container will poof.I have found idocs before and at my first one stuff starting poofing. argh!!! :)

6. Yadd of Legends

Campaign Supporter

Good idea - if I ever happen to get lucky and find one again (!). I tried to pick out the most valuable stuff first but noticed crates that were there before not being there when I took stuff home and teleported back, like you say, decaying before my very eyes.

7. MalagAste

Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Heavy things decay slower.... supposedly.

But if you want to loot more and have more time and you come upon such a place i recommend picking items up moving them a wee bit and putting them back down restarting the decay cycle...

But as a general rule 2 hours is the time frame pretty much before stuff starts to poof...... Sadly though the really nice stuff...... Old Newbie items are "newbie blessed" and decay almost instantly. Things like the old wristwatches and stuff.... they vanish almost instantly.

Yadd of Legends likes this.
  8. THP

THP Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

yes about 2 hours.....roughly....iam guessing on some of the quieter shards a huge houses will have fell un-noticed and everything will have decayed in that 2 hour spell.....obvoiusly this wont be the case on the fuller shards....oh well its food for thought...ding ding....ive ran into a few in my time - deco all over the floor.....some have been probably picked over and left while others were virgins for the taking....

Yadd of Legends likes this.
  9. MalagAste

On a lonely shard one time I caught an IDOC in Luna..... all to myself.

10. Bobar

Bobar Babbling Loonie

And I once had a castle on Marble Island to myself. Strangely it was empty but that was ok because I now live in it.

drcossack likes this.
  11. Yadd of Legends

Campaign Supporter

Aha, is this why people create characters on multiple accounts, to spend their time running around like ants looking for free stuff? :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

12. flappy6

flappy6 Sage

Its by far the best way to make money, i made a miner when i first started playing uo like 14 yaers ago..... then i found out about IDOC's and havent mined another day of my life,i have more ingots and wood than i know what to do with.

THP and Yadd of Legends like this.
  13. THP

THP Stratics Legend

idocing is by far the second best way to make easy gold

multishard EM eventing is by a yard mile the easiest

14. Yadd of Legends

Campaign Supporter

I've never tried it. Doesn't that assume you're going to win something valuable?

15. Krinkle

Krinkle Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

There is no assumption. You see event followers pull all kinds of non-standard actions to get looting rights. Actually spending time killing the boss isn't essential.

16. Yadd of Legends

Campaign Supporter

Frankly, it sounds like a Black Friday sort of feeding frenzy that I've avoided for that very reason

17. THP

THP Stratics Legend

Well i dont like the eventing either.....far too clicky for me....but with each EM throwing down bling bling items every week its big big business...just read the rares boards for the crazy sums of gold or cash these collectors will pay.....each to his own....im with you or was a while ago with the odd idoc fall....have a great UO day.........