1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

IDOC Question...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Capt. Lucky, Feb 22, 2015.

1. Capt. Lucky

Capt. Lucky Babbling Loonie

Things are changing and I was hoping someone knows this. A house falls and it looks like a nice spot. I have a house now. I place a new one... How long do I have current have to move outta my old place before it drops?

2. The Craftsman

The Craftsman Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

Im assuming as per the pub89 patch notes? So five days?

3. Capt. Lucky

It's that assuming part that worries me lol

4. Scribbles

Scribbles Babbling Loonie
    Professional Alumni

@Capt. Lucky At this point I wouldnt ever trust UO when you are trying to move a house. Have your stuff boxed, have 5 packies and house teles ready to move in under 30 minutes. Do not trust the system.

5. Zeke

Zeke Lore Keeper
    Governor Stratics Veteran Knights of Terra

This was fully tested on TC 1 for over a month and all known issues were resolved prior to publishing on Origin.

Oh, Wait! No it wasn't. Never mind.

6. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

And yet things still manage to be broken/buggy once a publish goes live to the rest of the shards.

There are still a ton of bug fixes that I haven't seen anyone mention testing/verifying that they work which worries me....this publish had NOTHING to do with IDOCS yet everyone seems to have horse blinders on.

As far as housing..I placed a new house on Origin Friday morning at 10:20 AM Central. It is currently Somewhat worn.

Edited to clarify...I HAD a house and placed a new one which condemned my first one.

Capt. Lucky likes this.
  7. Smoot

Smoot Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

personally i wouldnt move until at least a few weeks after the publish so any bugs might be revealed by unfortunate players. if it does appear stable, i would move as fast as possible. in years past, i was very casual with moving taking about 3 days. i wouldnt do that anymore. next time i move i will be moving in the immediate hours following the condemnation of the first house.

Capt. Lucky likes this.
  8. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

I second what Scribbles says. It "should" be 5 days but do it ASAP. Grab some house tele tiles and a few pack horses and off you go. Don't forget to check moving crate also.

Capt. Lucky likes this.
  9. azmodanb

azmodanb Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

and don't forget to pre deed up resources... makes it quick

Capt. Lucky and sablestorm like this.
  10. Gem

Gem Lore Keeper
    Professional Stratics Veteran Campaign Supporter

I would do it in three days or less to be safe.

Capt. Lucky likes this.
  11. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager
    Editor Reporter Moderator Professional Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Editor Fallen Lords

Right now I've been hearing that all the houses that are falling right now fall exactly 4 hours after they go into IDOC status.

I am sitting at one right now on Origin that has been in IDOC status for over 7 hours.

I think with the new publish, things are going to be very different :)

Edited to update...I posted this at 6:38 my time..it's now 11:24 and the house is still standing...ZzzZzzzz

So I hope other people are testing the OTHER bug fixes PLEASE! :)

#11 Larisa, Feb 22, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 23, 2015
    Capt. Lucky likes this.
  12. Capt. Lucky

Much excellent advice! Thanks all!

13. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager

Te IDOC That I was sitting at fell around 5:30ish in the morning....from the way this one looks that I am at now..it could be the same time.

Currently it has roughly 2 hours before the first 5 hour fall time.

My own house is now Greatly Worn, so should fall sometime tomorrow, putting it at exactly 5 days from Like New to Collapse.

14. THP

THP Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

pretty sure its 5 days exact...then again u would do it a 2 or less wouldnt you???,,..or do some folks like to teeter on the edge....???

15. Larisa

Larisa Reporting Manager

There have been instances of houses falling before the 5 days so it's always better to be safe then sorry.

On a side note, I was at 2 IDOCS yesterday...YES I finally got to be at a few! But alas no grubbers spawned. Now, granted there was very little inside the house...so my question would be, will grubbers spawn at EVERY IDOC or just the ones that have *good* items in them.

Capt. Lucky likes this.