1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

Idoc Scripting Still possible?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Cear Dallben Dragon, Oct 22, 2010.

1. Cear Dallben Dragon

Cear Dallben Dragon Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

I thought one of the changes was that when a house falls, its impossible to place on that plot for some amount of time.

A house just fell before me and a plot was placed instantly.
    Wondering whats up with that. Anyone else get this?

2. Omnius

Omnius Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

the timer is random. someone tried and got lucky.

3. Snakeman

Snakeman UO Forum Moderator
    Moderator Professional Premium Wiki Moderator Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Random after 1 hr it was set up originally set up for when they changed it. Looks like something else is broken too:(

4. Cear Dallben Dragon

interesting. this was instant after the house fell. Thanks guys.

5. BlissMarie

BlissMarie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Was it an OSI house? When a house owned by OSI falls, there is no waiting period to place. A new house or plot can be placed immediately.

BlissMarie

6. Cear Dallben Dragon

No it was owned and replaced by one of the few UO Realty companies on atlantic.

7. Flutter

Flutter Always Present
    Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

False.

8. NewThunder

NewThunder Guest

Perhaps the owners dropped the house and placed the plot.

9. BlissMarie

BlissMarie Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Interesting. So you are saying it was IDOC and spent its hours in that state of decay, then fell, like normal. Then the same people who had owned the house that just fell, placed a house there immediately?

I have never tried to place at an idoc of one of my own houses. What you are saying makes me wonder if there is no waiting period, if the placer was a prior owner of a house or plot in that spot.

BlissMarie

10. JC the Builder

JC the Builder Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

It sounds like the house owner dropped it and had someone else replace. It would be pretty safe since everyone knows there is a delay and wouldn't be attempting to place right away.

11. Freelsy

Freelsy Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

I've done many many IDOCs on Siege and i would say 3 or 4 of them I was able to instantly place right after the fall. I always try to place just in case, and those times it worked out. Two were castles and two were luna houses.. I don't think its an error in the system, just an RNG on the time it generates from when it falls.

Also, each of these houses went through the full IDOC process and were NOT dropped by the owners. Owners were long gone before these houses fell.

12. Tom_Builder

Tom_Builder Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran

I seen a luna house fall, and I placed one right away also. 20 people called me a cheater, but I just happened by, didnt even know it was idoc. So I say it is just random.

Tom

13. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

This. What ever timer they thought they had does not work. Take this from a very sad idocer. The houses can go up instantly.

14. claudia-fjp

claudia-fjp Lore Master
    Stratics Veteran

"When an IDOC drops, housing cannot be placed on the lot for a random amount of time"

This random amount of time is said to be from 0 to 2 hours. For every one that makes you wait the full 2 hours there is probably one you can place immediately. Think of it like the server rolls a die 1-100, a 1 roll you can place immediately, a 50 roll you can place after 1 hour, a 100 roll it waits 2 hours.

On Pacific we had 2 max storage Luna houses fall this week, neither was placed instantly. First one took about an hour I think, second around an hour and a half. If there was a bug to allow instant placement it surely would have been used in both cases.

15. Winker

Winker Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

You can place a house as soon as the old one drops if: Your new house only ocupies part of the old space and part of a new space that was not part of the old IDOC.

Yes if you try and place a 18x18 with and 18x18 on the same spot it can't be done as soon as the old one drops but... If you place say 9 tiles to the right, left or to the front or back of the old space you can place a new house right away

16. THP

THP Stratics Legend

errrr... lol....oh forget it ...........me......daddy idoc was gonna tell ya all

.... but seems u all have got ya own ideas already..... good luck