1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

If I had a wishing well...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Repowski, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Repowski

Repowski Guest

I'd wish EA would get me in touch with the person who bought my account years ago, but isn't using it anymore so I can get it BACK! They would gain another subscribing account, and I would get my old dudes back... WIN WIN.

2. Guest

Guest Guest

Amen, my friend. Amen.

3. It would be illegal handing you confidential information..

Think of EA like a doctors office (except they dont cure patients, they poison them).

4. Guest

Guest Guest

If you have the CD code you created the account with, they might be able to help you.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Yeah, me too. I was actually able to retrieve the secondary account I sold...Still had my old billing information entered. I wish I could try to retrieve the main account that went with that one, but I can't remember the email address.

6. IF i had a wishing well ........punkbuster...*coughs*

7. Kaj

Kaj Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

<blockquote><hr>

I'd wish EA would get me in touch with the person who bought my account years ago, but isn't using it anymore so I can get it BACK! They would gain another subscribing account, and I would get my old dudes back... WIN WIN.

[/ QUOTE ]
    If I bought someone's account, I wouldn't want my information given out.

I like my privacy and wouldn't want someone that regrets selling off his account showing up at my door.

8. Guest

Guest Guest

<blockquote><hr>

IF i had a wishing well ........punkbuster...*coughs*

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, Blizzard recently won a court case that said they were allowed to check for illegal 3rd party programs on your HD.

EDIT: The program they use is called Warden.

9. Guest

Guest Guest

HOw do you know if they are or aren't using it anymore?????? That's the big question... How do you know they didn't get the account banned???? I never ever gave up my original account and I don't intend to. I just couldn't stand the idea of someone using my characters.

10. Guest

Guest Guest

Other court cases that blizzard has won of interest in the UO world

Blizzard v In Game Dollar
    Blizzard’s lawsuit against virtual item and power-leveling company In Game Dollar (doing business as Peons4Hire) has settled, resulting in a permanent injunction (.pdf) that essentially shuts down In Game Dollar’s entire World of Warcraft operation. Though no monetary damages are specified, the injunction represents a complete victory for Blizzard. The news is likely to be well received by the World of Warcraft player community, which voiced widespread support for Blizzard’s move when the lawsuit was filed.
    http://virtuallyblind.com/2008/02/01/peons4hire-blizzard-injunction/

And now we are just waiting on the summary ruling in the Blizzard v Glider case (which I believe Blizzard is going to win).

11. Redxpanda

Redxpanda Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

This is why you sell all your stuff and turn your items into checks when you wanna quit. Then either give your checks away or keep em so you aren't poor if u decide to come back. I gave all my stuff away when i left on one account and it made me hungry when i came back and I am proud of everything i earn now.

When i recovered my other account i realized it wasn't so lucky. I deleted all my toons and created new ones with stupid names so of course i deleted those in hopes of creating new ones or xsharding others one day when i can afford to maintain 2 accounts again.

12. Guest

Guest Guest

DITTO, got an old account I let a friend have. I think ive got the CD key somewhere but I doubt that would help. The email address also I gave to the guy, how stupid am I! Subsequently it seems it no longer exists (the email) but I cant make a new email address with it as the name. Grrrrr...

13. Guest

Guest Guest

DITTO, got an old account I let a friend have. I think ive got the CD key somewhere but I doubt that would help. The email address also I gave to the guy, how stupid am I! Subsequently it seems it no longer exists (the email) but I cant make a new email address with it as the name. Grrrrr...

14. <blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, Blizzard recently won a court case that said they were allowed to check for illegal 3rd party programs on your HD.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd wish for this too. Cheaters take a lot of the fun out of pvp. Having something like this helps you determine that someone is NOT a cheater and they just were able to beat you.

This court decision is good, because court decisions become law, which means it is legal for EA to do the same thing based on trial law (as I understand it... I'm not a lawyer)

15. <blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd wish for this too. Cheaters take a lot of the fun out of pvp. Having something like this helps you determine that someone is NOT a cheater and they just were able to beat you.

This court decision is good, because court decisions become law, which means it is legal for EA to do the same thing based on trial law (as I understand it... I'm not a lawyer)

16. Repowski

Repowski Guest

<blockquote><hr>

It would be illegal handing you confidential information..

Think of EA like a doctors office (except they dont cure patients, they poison them).

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't ask that EA give me any information... I said get me in touch with the current account holder. I could give EA the account login name, and a note. They could then pass it along to the current account holder's email.

If they don't respond... well, at least I tried... I just don't have the guy's information anymore.

I have spoken with him since I sold the account. Sometime around 2004, and he had taken all my original character's red. (Confirmed by character search on uo.com)

How do I know he's not using the account right now? Well, when I last spoke with him he mentioned that my account was a secondary account for him to PvP with, but that he was getting tired of the game at that point, and was considering going to WOW. I told him to contact me if he ever did quit for good as I'd like first right of refusal to get my account back. But, who knows if he still has MY information. But ultimately, again I've done a search on uo.com and my characters are not showing up... which indicates that they have not been logged into for the last 30 days.

I don't want any of the "stuff"... just miss my original characters I made in 1998 sometimes, yanno?

17. Repowski

Repowski Guest

<blockquote><hr>

It would be illegal handing you confidential information..

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't ask that EA give me any information... I said get me in touch with the current account holder. I could give EA the account login name, and a note. They could then pass it along to the current account holder's email.

If they don't respond... well, at least I tried... I just don't have the guy's information anymore.

I have spoken with him since I sold the account. Sometime around 2004, and he had taken all my original character's red. (Confirmed by character search on uo.com)

How do I know he's not using the account right now? Well, when I last spoke with him he mentioned that my account was a secondary account for him to PvP with, but that he was getting tired of the game at that point, and was considering going to WOW. I told him to contact me if he ever did quit for good as I'd like first right of refusal to get my account back. But, who knows if he still has MY information. But ultimately, again I've done a search on uo.com and my characters are not showing up... which indicates that they have not been logged into for the last 30 days.

I don't want any of the "stuff"... just miss my original characters I made in 1998 sometimes, yanno?