1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

If they pulled the plug?

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Splup, Sep 27, 2008.

?

How would you feel, if they pulled the plug?

1. Angry

23 vote(s)
    15.9%
  2. Sad

51 vote(s)
    35.2%
  3. Grumpy

3 vote(s)
    2.1%
  4. Numb/empty

16 vote(s)
    11.0%
  5. I wouldn’t really care, life goes on

20 vote(s)
    13.8%
  6. Relieved, finally I can quit UO

29 vote(s)
    20.0%
  7. Happy

1 vote(s)
    0.7%
  8. Best day of my life! Maybe I will get my life back!

2 vote(s)
    1.4%
  1. Splup

Splup Guest

If they pulled the plug, how would you feel?

2. UltimaSword

UltimaSword Guest

I'd be angry but move on.

3. Sarphus

Sarphus Guest

Of course, this is a pretty far-fetched hypothetical considering SA is still being developed and EA is still adding devs to the UO team.

4. THP

THP Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Lets be honest... UO is 11 years olde..if we reach 15 ..WOW.. THATS GUNINESS BOOK OF RECORDS THAT WILL NEVER BE BEATEN!!

However one day UO will end.. so the peeps with nothing and the peeps with billions will all lose as the pixels get dispersed into cyber space for the final time.....

5. Maplestone

Maplestone Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

You know, I'm not entirely convinced this is true.

6. Uvtha

Uvtha Grand Poobah
    Stratics Veteran

I don't play much anymore. Wouldnt make a whole lot of difference to me. Then again i would hope the reason it got shut down was cause UO2 was so great they didnt need old UO.

Unlikely, but it would be nice.

7. Pinco

Pinco UOEC Modder

always negative people here...
    I think that this game need many more years before end, because are its player to take it alive.
    If it will end, free shards will take all the big part of players kicked by ea and the game will still alive :)

Many of us know how much different is ultima from other games (new games especially!!!), and I think that very few people will abandon it completely ;)
    There are no new game like old games, new game can be ended in less than 1 week, but everyday in uo lead you in new discovers, new friend and you will learn everyday how deep is this game (just 1 thing: I play uo since 2000, I'm not a noob an and I saw the good and the bad changes during the years) :)

If you think that they want to pull the plug because there are no 11th anniversary gifts, come in europa and I will give you the gift! I delivered 41 gift box and I will glad to make you another one ;)

8. RoseBlue

RoseBlue Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

And WHY would they/should they pull the plug when they could sell it???

Edit = UO is not TSO which never succeeded!

9. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

If they pulled the plug....... I know I'd be totally lost at first..... then I would of course be a bit richer every month.... But then I'd have to find something else to do... Perhaps I'd find another game.... though it's very likely not...

I would hope they would sell UO to someone and it would go on.

[​IMG]

10. RoycroftLS

RoycroftLS Guest

Is it unlikely that they will pull the plug any time soon? Yes, but I wouldn't quite say it is far-fetched.

Just because they are spending time developing an expansion doesn't guarantee that the expansion will see the light of day (e.g. the first time SA was announced).

And I don't know if "adding" is the right word to use for the latest devs to join on the SA project. From reading what a couple recent devs (Mark and BTeng) had to say in their introduction threads, their work with Mythic isn't exclusively with UO.

That isn't to say that there aren't advantages to rotating devs to a game where the attention is needed. But if they can be easily rotated into UO, it stands to reason they could just as easily be rotated out of UO.

11. Black magick

Black magick Guest

Wouldn't really care much. I lose stealing and pvp in the way i do, but theres always freeservers. Alongside the other 10 or so games i play.

12. Lord Kynd

Lord Kynd Guest

thanks to free shards i think you are correct in not being convinced :)

if they pull the plug , not only will i never buy nor support anything EA nor mythic has there hands in, but i will not allow my family to either :)
    and you can bet i will be on free servers faster than there systems cool down.
    but only if they pull the 'plug' on UO.

13. Lord Kynd

Lord Kynd Guest

sadly this reminds me of what was it called, the UO:2 project ?
    the godsend of UO that was trashed... but oh look another game has alot of what was suppose to come to UO now.

14. ZippyTwitch

ZippyTwitch Lore Keeper

I voted sad. Now to respond to this statement. Stuff like that happens alot. Unforseen factors can change plans overnight.

I would suggest noone ever play any freeshards and I'll tell you why. The people that run these shards are not businesses. They are running and distributing a game they do not own and have no rights too. Just because its free doesn't mean your safe on your end of the computer. I wouldn't trust them as far as I could throw them. The majority are cheaters and hackers that have been banned from ea's servers. Not to mention speedhacking and scripting is a way of life on these shards.

15. Doomsday Dragon

Doomsday Dragon Visitor

Neither am I.

16. Rainforest

Rainforest Guest

If they pull the plug now i will be angry coz SA is on the way. Having said that nothing will last forever and when that day comes, i will feel very sad !

17. Zodiac19

Zodiac19 Guest

Life goes on, I would find something else to do.

18. Aran

Aran INFRACTION INFRACTION INFRACTION!
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend -A-

Anger is my default reaction, so that.

19. Coppelia

Coppelia Guest

Sad, but I'd probably go on a private shard. If I don't go to a private shard before they pull the plug...

20. THP

THP Stratics Legend

Quote:
    Originally Posted by THP
    However one day UO will end..

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Maplestone
    You know, I'm not entirely convinced this is true.

Neither am I.

-------------
    Hey u guys /gals im here till the light go off!!

21. Setnaffa

Setnaffa Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran

I won't even dignify this question with an answer.

22. Salty Pete

Salty Pete Guest

I would just post a few grumpy "I told you so" messages to the various devs who have destroyed the game I used to enjoy.

23. Cyrah

Cyrah Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

It would be a sad time for a fine game.

It would also be a sad future for those who let it die.

Imagine that on your resume. ewww!

I can just hear them now at the interview, "well it was all EA's fault", uh huh.

"I worked mainly on DAOC, (or War) it wasn't my fault", heh!

24. J0KING

J0KING Guest

I would be bummed out... UO has been the only game that I have been playing on a consistant basis for many years now... I truthfully dont think it is going away anytime soon.

Have Fun!!!

25. Demonous

Demonous Rares Fest Host | Ches Jul 2010

some people invested too much cash in uo and would be too pissed off if that happened, not me but i know a lot of people that buy gold and everything in game with cash so they really would not be happy

26. Violence

Violence Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Relieved. But it doesn't mean I'm not trying to enjoy playing.
    By the way it's the only addiction of mine that I have a hard time enjoying. :loser:

27. Fink

Fink Guest

Life goes on.

I'd be all "celebrate its existence, don't lament its loss" I would think. Fun while it lasted.