1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

If you had one Xmas wish for UO...

Discussion in 'UHall' started by Blood Ghoul, Dec 12, 2012.

1. Blood Ghoul

Mine would be for them to complete the ability to vendor search (like they said they were going to) in game. That would be awesome. They could even make it a minor gold sink. Say 100 gold per search.

Anyhow, That's all I want for Christmas..

BG

2. Picus of Napa

Picus of Napa Slightly Crazed
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Make the dev team play for 3 hours a week, fresh with not a thing and build a real account.

3. Sauteed Onion

Get rid of New Haven and replace it with Old Haven. >.> Or put the old starting quests back in there. Or just finish revamping this game into whatever kind of game they think it needs to be revamped into.. and quit leaving "updates" half finished in the meantime. It's hard to have just 1 wish, but I wish they'd just convince EA to give them the necessary resources to get the game up to date; but before that figure out what up to date means. Or put the ninja/samurai starting area back in the game (Was Pretty cool). Consider making Focus start off locked, or not able to raise without buying at least .1 points from a Focus trainer. Consider an actual classic shard instead of telling people that are asking for NO. That's like going to a diner and asking for a tuna sandwich when the place sells tuna and bread, but refuses to give you a tuna sandwich. Actually figure out a way to stop scripters programs from working with the 2D and Enhanced clients; ban scripters speed hackers, quit acting like they aren't there.
    Put cinnamon rolls in the game. Change the horse noise of a nightmare and dread mare and make it all echoey ghostly sounding. Make pack beetles spawn in various colors like Smokey Grey, Verite Green, Dull Copper Grey/Brown Brey or Grown... >.> Like Picus of Napa said make dev team play fresh with nothing but non-ilgotten goods not just 3 hours a week though. better yet, find a person not related to the dev team who's willing to put up with this game that hasn't played it and has played other mmo's to play this game for perhaps 3-5 hours and have them give the devs feedback that is CRITICALLY listened to. The Devs do not get to sit in the ventrillo or Teamspeak or Skype or Mumble or communicate witht his person or people AT ANY TIME AT ALL WHATSOEVER until that person has completed their tour of the game for the first week or 3 days or so. If they say something is crap, listen to them, most of us will probably agree it's crap. If you can't remove New Haven and put Old Haven back (don't lie you can), at least provide some direction for people that choose to start in other cities other than haven; complete with newbie quests and such that are offered in New Haven. This may require actually working on the game. Like putting a monster area close to each city catered to newbs. (these things should have happened long ago.. long long long ago, so if they don't work in this day and age it's not cause it shouldn't have happened.) Market this game. Advertise it. If you're proud enough to keep this manly beast of a game up and charging subs, advertise it and bring people in, we'll quit stewing and getting to hate eachother more and more when there's fresh meat to mess with. Continue tweaking aspects of play but do it more regularly and don't be afraid to tweak things facet specifically. Consider adding Fel mirrors of every facet. Or pick one each 6 months and make it happen. Just do it. Uh, I'll scurry off and lurk in someother thread now.

#3 Sauteed Onion, Dec 12, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2012
    Mirt and Picus of Napa like this.
  4. King_Fisher

King_Fisher Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Rideable Dragons, Tame-Able ancient wyrms. Cannons you can wheel around to champ spawns. The usual.

Sauteed Onion likes this.
  5. Dermott of LS

Dermott of LS UOEC Modder
    Stratics Veteran

While Vendor Search comes in a close second place, my main wish remains High Resolution Graphics.

6. CovenantX

CovenantX Babbling Loonie
    Stratics Veteran

Pvp re-balance... That is all.

7. Aurelius

Aurelius Babbling Loonie

Since I'm free to wish for things that realistically won't happen - a properly funded company who understand what a free-form mmo like UO could be taking it over from EA.

Eaerendil, CovenantX and Lord Frodo like this.
  8. startle

startle Siege... Where the fun begins.
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Gilfane

Me too!

9. cazador

cazador Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

Pandas!! Omg jk!!

Pvp/weapon rebalance I cheated and said 2 in 1 but no really make it happen "poll it Idc don't mess it up though plenty of people here to do a focus group"

Sauteed Onion likes this.
  10. Gospel

Gospel Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

A finished enhanced client with high res graphics, and 100,000 new players. Fix to scripting and duping.

Imagine that, things that are actually important.

11. Acid Rain

Acid Rain Lore Keeper

Anti-cheatware, mayb PunkBuster or something like it that catches & boots anyone running scripts or illegal 3rd party progs.

This is a "wish" so yea.... I know it aint gonna happen :bdh:

12. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

High resolution graphics and vendor search for me.

ShadowTrauma likes this.
  13. DJAd

DJAd Stratics Legend
    Stratics Veteran

Also people to stop moaning about PvP. Just get on and fight. - Thanks my 3rd Christmas wish.

Lord Frodo likes this.
  14. Hunters' Moon

Hunters' Moon Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

My wish would be for the Dev's to go completely overboard with the graphics for new house tiles,walls,and floors. Along with that,I'd also want to see many amenities that would be accessed via house custom menu. Along with this,I'd like to see many new weapons added to the game. There should not be only one look to a short sword,for example. Give the player more control over the weapons they craft.

15. Tanivar

Tanivar Crazed Zealot

Leave the rest of the old dungeons as they are. Don't make them useless to casual players as you have with Shame, Covetous, and Despise.

Nurse Miss Maude likes this.
  16. Eaerendil

Eaerendil Younger than Kelmo, but also in the way...
    Professional Governor Stratics Veteran King'sYewHighlanders

Stop scripting and duping - and give us another 15 years!

Gospel likes this.
  17. Gheed

Gheed Certifiable

18. funkymonkey

funkymonkey Lore Keeper
    Stratics Veteran

Players.

Gospel and G.v.P like this.
  19. Bobar

Bobar Babbling Loonie

I would wish for the return of the numerous friends I have made and seen leave over the years. Memories of some enjoyable occasions linger on.

Unfortunately this, of all the wishes I have seen, is the most unlikely of all.

20. Haddy G

Haddy G Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

That this gets turned around for next year.

21. G.v.P

G.v.P Stratics Legend

Silver Steeds

22. Coldren

Coldren Sage
    Stratics Veteran

An announcement from EA that a true sequel isn't just wishful thinking.

.. Barring that, in order:
    1) High Resolution Artwork
    2) Plate being more than just a penalty
    3) Special moves taking Stamina instead of Int
    4) Items from the NPC in Cove that take the points from the Covetus Void Pool that are clearly for crafters (Valorite maps, the cauldrens, etc) actually being available through crafting.. Maybe as an addtional BOD reward or something.

#22 Coldren, Dec 13, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  23. Deception

Deception Sage

Aside from large projects that are probably never going to happen such as high res graphics and a larger game window....

I wish for my character to swing his weapon instead of his fist.

24. Damia TMC

Damia TMC Sage
    Stratics Veteran

Pink rideable dragons that are as tough as a greater only a bit smaller

BeaIank likes this.
  25. xxrod17xx

xxrod17xx Adventurer

A new marketing scheme to bring in new players

virtualhabitat likes this.
  26. Merus

Merus Babbling Loonie
    Governor Stratics Veteran CasteoftheForgotten

Just one small change in perspective...

Instead of "if we had enough paying players maybe we could afford to do things right the first time"

I would like to get "if we actually did things right the first time maybe we would have enough paying players to do more"

Tanivar likes this.
  27. Buns Of Glory [ATL]

Buns Of Glory [ATL] Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

Same thing I wish for every year...

[​IMG]

:)

28. Hunters' Moon

Hunters' Moon Grand Inquisitor
    Stratics Veteran

One-handed hatchet that still has the LJ bonus and allows for an equiped shield.I grew up playing DnD with my dwarf warrior that favored one-handed axes and wooden shields. I wish I could have the same here. That would be awesome.

Lord Frodo likes this.
  29. MalagAste

MalagAste Belaern d'Zhaunil
    Reporter Professional Governor Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend Campaign Supporter Royal Knight

Wow.... such good wishes. I know I have a BUNCH.

One wish would be that I could be given the "reigns" so to speak to the map files so I can "fix" all the little things that drive me nuts all over. Missing tiles, water on the land land on the water... clean up the lands and give me the ability to walk all the lands and "purge" all the stuff hanging about all over from statues, to hammers and horseshoes, lanterns that dot the land, paintings, goza mats, and all manner of other items that are all over including debris that still litters most of Magincia. Let me add things here and there to make things "fresh" and fun.

A massive revamp of Loot to be finished would be awesome. Loot tables need updating..... it's pretty sad when a Mongbat drops better loot than a sea serpent. Can NOT and have NOT ever understood why sea creatures suck so bad with loot.

My biggest DREAM would be a true revamp of the client to end all revamps. Something that can bring the code up to date allowing for better patching, quicker fixes and better graphics. I want the game moved into the new century... On par with most the other games out there now. It's pretty depressing when most games on my cell phone have better graphics than UO. Stupid Facebook games have better graphics. I realize the game is 15 years old but does it really have to LOOK like it's 25 years old???

I too would really like to see massive improvement to the new player experience ..... because believe it or not even if most of those who are starting new are just returning players there has been SO MUCH added to UO over the last 10 years that most anyone coming back would be totally LOST. There is SO much to learn when starting UO the new player experience doesn't even come close to covering it. There needs to be some sort of a better tutorial or something for the game. Something that explains many of the lands and features... Perhaps a video available on the website would help. Something that tells folk about the different templates and playstyles.... something that would at least give a new player some idea of where to even start. Most build characters that aren't even functional when they start simply because they are overwhelmed with the choices or have no clue what most of the skills even are or how one can compliment the other or how some stand alone but others require other skills to make them work. The current system pretty much only teaches about combat with weapons, doesn't even really touch on spells or crafting.

I'm hoping for being able to have more co-owners than 10.... and perhaps being able to co-own an entire account by just co-owning one character...

I'm also hoping for more tamables. I still want to tame a Dread Spider, A Black Widow Spider, Fairy Dragons, A Greater White Wyrm.... maybe a Lesser Ancient Wyrm... Dread Horses being returned to the game as a permanent spawn. Silver Steeds for Paladins! Black horses to spawn as tamables. New colors of Unicorns. A Gryphon as a rideable pet.

I want a house pet. Something that works somewhat like the quest where you capture the creature with perhaps a lasso and it becomes your house pet... is yellow and non-combat but roams your house whenever anyone is actually on your property. Could be anything from a dragon, to a rat...

I'd like to see them allow folk to have housing up to 32x32. So if you have an 18x18 you could still have another 14x14... If you have a castle your done... a keep owner could have a small tower as well....

Basements ..... I have spoke of them before I'd like to see them added.

And then I'd like to see 100's of other things added to stackables. I'd like to see books like the SoT book for SoA's, for Holiday Tickets, for deeded furniture... etc...

30. DevilsOwn

DevilsOwn Stratics Legend
    Governor Stratics Veteran Alumni Stratics Legend

just one wish, huh?

someone to walk the lands, find the tiles for my southern edges that I can actually use for multi-tile items and return them to me

or

let me decorate my house sign again

or

(this one totally selfish) decorate Brit bank on Legends with the design that actually won the contest

Lady Michelle likes this.
  31. kelmo

kelmo Old and in the way
    Professional Stratics Veteran Alumni Dread Lord

Shard peace.

Mirt and Gospel like this.
  32. Viquire

Viquire Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran

A coke, and a smile.

Dammit, that's two.

33. Gospel

Gospel Seasoned Veteran
    Stratics Veteran

Haha, old school! Nice pick.

34. Mitzlplik_LS

Mitzlplik_LS Journeyman
    Stratics Veteran

My wish is to get rid of the assinine restrictions metal armor provides. I want to wear my shadow armor with a closed helmet AND be able to med. What difference does it make to be invincible in LEATHER compared to useless in Metal. Makes no sense at all.

Hunters' Moon, Sauteed Onion and Mirt like this.
  35. Sauteed Onion

I have an extra bundle of wishes. New music for towns, in conjunction with the old stuff.. and some more more atmospheric sounds when entering pubs or inns. To help immerse oneself a little more in the game. When you recall out of Britain, stop the endless loop of music it causes unless you go to a place with other music. Finish the end of the tune when you go to Nu'Jehlm (it sounds very explorationy and great and then gets to a point and just cuts off and you're like WHAT!?!? Wha!? NUUUUU!!!) Bring in a system message bot (I've seen people automate all kinds of crap with this game, you can automate a system message to spit out important information I.E. housing dumping your crap when you go to customize it). Really, apply new loot tables to everything, or increase the amount of creatures that are effected by the "new" loot changes. Bring pirate loot up to par (ffs). Meow.

Some examples of things that should have the new loot tables applied. Every single paragon in Illsh, every single dragon, greater dragon, ancient wyrm, white wyrm, pirate ship captains, Osiredon the Scalis Enforcer/ Corgul the Souldbinder / Charybis (perhaps consider giving these guys some bumps up in possible intensities, and I'm fairly sure the amount of people who have even SEEN charybdis let alone KILL it in UO both due to ability to do so and drive to even do it cause his drops are CRAP can probably be counted on 2 hands or 2 hands and 2 feet). Do not mess with their Artifacts those are fine.. aside from Charybdis junk. Perhaps consider painted caves for the new loot tables, or Travesty's dojo.. or just the Jima places in general. That place can kick a person's butt in mega quick. Back to being emo and ragey and grumpy. Meow. And damnit, cinnamon rolls.

#35 Sauteed Onion, Dec 13, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 13, 2012
  36. Kimora Alixana

Kimora Alixana Visitor

New pets that were worth having. I.E: Greater Dragon equivs, Dread Mares, bakes, etc.