1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Greetings Guest!!

In order to combat SPAM on the forums, all users are required to have a minimum of 2 posts before they can submit links in any post or thread.

Dismiss Notice

If you have Origin store credit can you buy as many codes as you like without getting "Payment fail"

Discussion in 'UHall' started by HP_Zoro_HP, Mar 31, 2013.

1. HP_Zoro_HP

HP_Zoro_HP Seasoned Veteran

I was wondering if you have origin store credit can you buy as many codes as you like without getting that really annoying "Payment Authorization Failed"? For example, right now if I want to buy say 3 30 day gametime codes I have to buy one and then wait probly 10 minutes or longer before buying the next or according to the Origin employee I will get "Payment Authorization Failed" due "rapid succession". So my question is does it work the same way if you are using your Origin account balance where there is money already there and you don't have to go through a credit/debit card or paypal? Or does it allow you to buy as many codes as you like no matter how long you wait in between purchasing them?

Is that making sense?

Incase anyone is wondering why I dont just buy all at once... Well thats because their shopping cart doesn't allow you to adjust the QUANTITY (apparently not important enough to fix even after a customer mentions it to them).

#1 HP_Zoro_HP, Mar 31, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2013
  2. Ron Silverbeard

Ron Silverbeard Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I get this failed notice after i purchase 3 times in a row...it is said that this is out of security reasons to prefend any CC fraud possibilities...
    Thats also the reason, why you cant purchase more of the same item than "1" at one transaction..

So, yes, its horrible but sorry to say, "normal" since i buy there....

greets
    Ron

3. HP_Zoro_HP

I know that happens when you use PayPal or a credit/debit card but does that happen when you use your Origin "Balance" ?

4. Ron Silverbeard

Ron Silverbeard Certifiable
    Stratics Veteran Alumni

I never used that feature, sorry

5. HP_Zoro_HP

ok somethings not adding up because I had $60 in my origin account... After I bought 3 codes (using the balance in Origin account) and attempted the 4th code I got payment under review message. Seriously I think they need to fix this ****. So if its not "Payment authorization failed" its payment under review and then you can wait up to 48 hours? Can I not like put a note on the account or something that says maybe "If my account gets stolen then oh freakin well, otherwise authorize all transactions"

6. Lady Storm

Lady Storm Crazed Zealot
    Stratics Veteran Stratics Legend

Get this through your head.. EA is not wanting you to buy more then 1 item per purchase per CC. Three seprate purchases is lumped and if you attempt a 4th , you put your CC/Account in the red zone as flagged for fraud.
    This is no matter what it is on any one CC/credit/paypal purchase.
    Your account will not except now payments from that method untill you call and fix it.
    How do i know?
    Easy
    I have had to do it 6 times so far and its even messed up my bank Cc to the point the bank is now not wanting me to charge anything from them.
    I have made very adamint complaints to the EA store.
    Are they going to do anything about it?
    no
    Let me just say... EA is loosing out big time on the $$ but somewhere someone with the power to fix this, dosent care about the $$... I wonder if the Board of Directors has any idea of the potential $ loss they are forgoing by this departments continued stand of ignoring us? I mean this is cutting their profet margine.

7. HP_Zoro_HP

I don't know the statistics but i'd be wiling to bet that a large percentage of players go through Origin for their codes rather then putting their billing info in on the uo.com website

#7 HP_Zoro_HP, Apr 2, 2013
    Last edited: Apr 2, 2013